Windows 10: Monitor won't turn on saying power saving mode then turns to a black screen

Discus and support Monitor won't turn on saying power saving mode then turns to a black screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My pc is on all are working but my monitor is saying it's on power saving mode then turns black screen so I off and open the monitor a couple of times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hnsel, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Hnsel Win User

Monitor won't turn on saying power saving mode then turns to a black screen

My pc is on all are working but my monitor is saying it's on power saving mode then turns black screen so I off and open the monitor a couple of times but still won't work btw I changed my CMOS but still not working

:)

Hnsel, Mar 17, 2023
  2. EdKleiner Win User

New Lenovo monitors wont turn on; low power mode turns on and screens go black.

EdKleiner, Mar 17, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Lenovo monitor. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the complete model number of the Lenovo monitor?
    • How are the monitors connected to the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How are you turning on low power mode?

Please reply with more information on the issue to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 17, 2023
  4. Monitor won't turn on saying power saving mode then turns to a black screen

Display goes into power saving mode and won't turn back on

System

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.16299 Build 16299

Processor: i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Installed memory: 16.0 GB

System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

System model: DX4860 (Gateway)

Graphics card: Radeon RX 460 Graphics

Graphics driver: 22.19.677.257

OC Sofware: ASUS GPU TweakII (seldomly use, used to use AMD OverDrive which experienced performance issues)

Monitor: LG E2260VT

Power Options

Hard disk >

Turn off hard disk after > Settings (Minutes): 60

Sleep >

Sleep after > Setting: Never

Allow hybrid sleep > Setting: On

Hibernate after > Settings: Never

Allow wake timers > Settings: Enable

Power buttons and lid >

Power button action > Setting: Shut down

Sleep button action > Setting: Sleep

Display >

Turn off display after > Setting: 15 minutes

Enable adaptive brightness > Setting: Off

Question

Why will my monitor not turn back on after entering power saving mode?

Observations

Sometimes after my display goes into power saving mode, it will not turn back on through mouse or keyboard action, though normally it does. I experience this issue often but do not know how to reproduce it. Not sure if it has something
    to do with the Power Options > Hard disk setting, or if it's something else.

I haven't noticed it happening when I remotely connect to my PC, only when on the physical system. I know many people may mention the graphics driver or monitor, but I have replaced the graphics card twice already (for other reasons).

I doubt it's an issue with the monitor, because I still get the "entering power saving mode" prompt when turning it off and on again. This prompt is not built into the monitor as it does not appear when disconnected from a PC, leading
    me to believe Windows 10 is displaying this message.

I've used a variety of mice with this machine, and only one keyboard.

From the information I've seen this is not an isolated issue, spans across a variety of PC manufacturers, Microsoft OS versions, with a variety of hardware and software configurations. The common characteristic between them all...
    Microsoft OS.

Related Articles

Monitor
    not turning back on after turning off display due to inactivity

Monitor turns off
    and will not turn back on.

Windows 10 - screen won't
    turn off after specified time

Latptop won't turn screen on after waking from sleep in
    Windows 10

Screen
    occasionally goes black, can't turn it back on without a system restart.
    At
    times monitor goes black and wont come back on I need to hard restart to resume work

Monitors/computer
    won't come back up after 15 minutes or so of inactivity

JoshuaBalsillie, Mar 17, 2023
Thema:

Monitor won't turn on saying power saving mode then turns to a black screen

1. Monitor won't turn on saying power saving mode then turns to a black screen - Similar Threads - Monitor won't turn

2. Monitor Power Saving Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Power Saving Mode: I am struggling with the monitoring going to power-saving mode as soon as I turn on my PC.I have been through every YT video fix cleaning the PC, changing the battery and cleaning the RAMS but this has made no difference. I have also tried different commands to try and reboot...
  3. Monitor Power Saving Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Power Saving Mode: I am struggling with the monitoring going to power-saving mode as soon as I turn on my PC.I have been through every YT video fix cleaning the PC, changing the battery and cleaning the RAMS but this has made no difference. I have also tried different commands to try and reboot...
  4. Monitor Power Saving Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor won't turn on saying power saving mode then turns to a black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor won't turn on saying power saving mode then turns to a black screen: My pc is on all are working but my monitor is saying it's on power saving mode then turns black screen so I off and open the monitor a couple of times but still won't work btw I changed my CMOS but still not working...
  6. Monitor won't turn on saying power saving mode then turns to a black screen

Monitor won't turn on saying power saving mode then turns to a black screen: My pc is on all are working but my monitor is saying it's on power saving mode then turns black screen so I off and open the monitor a couple of times but still won't work btw I changed my CMOS but still not working...
  7. Power save mode turns off monitors but they immediately come back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power save mode turns off monitors but they immediately come back on: Power save mode turns off my monitors but they immediately turn back on. This problem used to be caused by my razer tartarus being recognized as a video game controller but now the problem happens with it unplugged. The computer waking itself from power save mode prevents it...
  8. Power save mode turns off monitors but they immediately come back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power save mode turns off monitors but they immediately come back on: Power save mode turns off my monitors but they immediately turn back on. This problem used to be caused by my razer tartarus being recognized as a video game controller but now the problem happens with it unplugged. The computer waking itself from power save mode prevents it...
  9. Power save mode turns off monitors but they immediately come back on

10. New Lenovo monitors wont turn on; low power mode turns on and screens go black.

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Lenovo monitors wont turn on; low power mode turns on and screens go black.: New Lenovo monitors wont turn on; low power mode turns on and screens go black. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-lenovo-monitors-wont-turn-on-low-power-mode/d2138014-82be-4f21-bb41-d5b06c01665f