Windows 10: Monitor won't wake up after sleep

Discus and support Monitor won't wake up after sleep in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Arses, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Arses Win User

Monitor won't wake up after sleep

Hello guys,
    I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem.
    When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore.
    I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success.
    I tried these instructions, it only worked once, but after reboot the problem was back: Monitor Won't Won't Turn On Waking From Sleep
    Also via HDMI connection and Smart TV is the same problem. And I changed bios so often until my system did not boot, so I reinstalled it. Have tried everything I found in the forum but did not help. Does anyone know maybe a solution?

:)

Arses, Sep 29, 2019

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Sep 29, 2019
  3. TRWOV Win User
    Monitors won't wake!

This also happens to me with my Radeon 7970 but way more sporadically, maybe 1 in 30 times it will refuse to wake up (monitor off, not sleep/hibernation).

Haven't really tried to find a solution but I think it might not exactly be driver related, I've updated drivers several times in the last two years and still got that issue. For all I know it might be a monitor issue as well (maybe the monitor doesn't receive the wake up call for some reason).

Your case seems to be very bad if you can't wake the monitor at all. I assume you've tried to shuffle hardware, didn't you? What were your results? I see you state neither of your monitors waked up, have tried another GPU?

TRWOV, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Monitor won't wake up after sleep

1. Monitor won't wake up after sleep - Similar Threads - Monitor won't wake

2. Monitor won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake from sleep: Split from this thread. After 23H2 update, my monitor won't wake when the PC does, it takes about 2-3 minutes after a few beeps.The BIOS for the MSIB560M-A PRO MB is uptodate and the latest drivers for the Geforce 750Ti are installed and yet the problem persists.Noticed power...
  3. Monitor won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake from sleep: Split from this thread. After 23H2 update, my monitor won't wake when the PC does, it takes about 2-3 minutes after a few beeps.The BIOS for the MSIB560M-A PRO MB is uptodate and the latest drivers for the Geforce 750Ti are installed and yet the problem persists.Noticed power...
  4. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  5. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  6. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Computer won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake up after sleep: This is actually an answer, not a question. I've been dealing with this problem for many months. I'd set my Acer Aspire E5-576 to go to sleep under certain conditions, and for a while that worked fine. Then after a gigantic Wndows update, it no longer worked. The computer...
  8. Remote Monitor Won't Wake Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Monitor Won't Wake Up After Sleep: After the last Windows update my remote monitor no longer wakes up when my computer is awakened. What to do? I have tried reloading the monitor drivers to no avail....
  9. Monitor won't wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor won't wake up: Recently, I began to experience an issue where if the computer goes into sleep mode, I cannot get the monitor to wake up without restarting the whole system. I've tried multiple monitors, but they have the same issue. Also, it does not matter which connection I use, HDMI,...
  10. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...