Windows 10: monitor works with hdmi but not display port

Discus and support monitor works with hdmi but not display port in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; recently my monitor (dell u2412h) started glitching with horizontal lines flashing on the screen on and off in a continuos pattern (1 sec off 1 sec... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KasparKPR, Jan 2, 2021.

1. monitor works with hdmi but not display port

recently my monitor (dell u2412h) started glitching with horizontal lines flashing on the screen on and off in a continuos pattern (1 sec off 1 sec on). then one afternoon i restarted my pc and the displayport wasnt working anymore. tried the hdmi cable, and that one worked. when i use the display port cable the screen just says "entering sleep mode". i dont know if the issue is with my monitor or with my graphics card. i use an nvidia geforce 1050 ti. i have already tried plugging everything out and replugging everything back in. cutting out power from my monitor and pc separately. setting power management settings on the highest performance (the least power saving). any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/KasparKPR
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KasparKPR, Jan 2, 2021
  2. CaAn_1 Win User

Display port for HDMI not working

I cannot get the second monitor to work. It seems there is no output signal from display port for HDMI. I'm wondering if there is some setting that need to be done? (The monitor (HP LA2306x) is working fine with another computer)

CaAn_1, Jan 2, 2021
  3. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Jan 2, 2021
  4. monitor works with hdmi but not display port

HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

monitor works with hdmi but not display port

1. monitor works with hdmi but not display port - Similar Threads - monitor works hdmi

2. HDMI instead of Display Port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI instead of Display Port: My computer has been using the display port for a long time. I now want to use the HDMI port, but it will not display. It displays fine on the DP but when I connect to the HDMI port, it just stays blank. I purchased a new computer and would like to use my old one headlessly,...
  3. HDMI instead of Display Port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI instead of Display Port: My computer has been using the display port for a long time. I now want to use the HDMI port, but it will not display. It displays fine on the DP but when I connect to the HDMI port, it just stays blank. I purchased a new computer and would like to use my old one headlessly,...
  4. HDMI instead of Display Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 does not work with Monitor in Display Port, but HDMI ¿?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not work with Monitor in Display Port, but HDMI ¿?: I've an Asus Prime Z690 Wifi D4 + Intel I7 12700k processor with Intel Integrated UHD Intel 770 graphic card updated all to latest drivers If I plug it using Hdmi output to a Philips 241b8q monitor and it works very well installed latest drivers But If I plug the computer...
  6. Windows 11 does not work with Monitor in Display Port, but HDMI ¿?

Windows 11 does not work with Monitor in Display Port, but HDMI ¿?: I've an Asus Prime Z690 Wifi D4 + Intel I7 12700k processor with Intel Integrated UHD Intel 770 graphic card updated all to latest drivers If I plug it using Hdmi output to a Philips 241b8q monitor and it works very well installed latest drivers But If I plug the computer...
  7. Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...: Recently bought two new monitors msi g242 144hz monitors. Hdmi connects to the monitor and turns on but whenb i connect my second display it doesnt even detect it and i know its not hardware issue cause its a brand new cable new monitor i even tested the second monitor on...
  8. Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...

Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...: Recently bought two new monitors msi g242 144hz monitors. Hdmi connects to the monitor and turns on but whenb i connect my second display it doesnt even detect it and i know its not hardware issue cause its a brand new cable new monitor i even tested the second monitor on...
  9. laptop display stopped working after plugging external monitor into HDMI port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop display stopped working after plugging external monitor into HDMI port: This has now happened to me many times even after completely re-installing windows 10 from scratch. But this time around it seems permanent. I've also tried uninstalling display drivers and monitors. Under Device Manager, monitors now I only see the Generic PnP monitor. When...
  10. Display port for HDMI not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display port for HDMI not working: I cannot get the second monitor to work. It seems there is no output signal from display port for HDMI. I'm wondering if there is some setting that need to be done? (The monitor (HP LA2306x) is working fine with another computer)...