Windows 10: Monitor wouldnt turn on from sleep mode after an error

Discus and support Monitor wouldnt turn on from sleep mode after an error in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I leave my pc idleusually when downloading something etc., there would be a Chrome.exe or Explorer.exe error. After that my monitor would go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TihomirGrubisic, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Monitor wouldnt turn on from sleep mode after an error

When I leave my pc idleusually when downloading something etc., there would be a Chrome.exe or Explorer.exe error. After that my monitor would go to sleep mode and it wouldn't turn back on. Even if I try moving my mouse, nothing would happen. I have to restart my pc, then the monitor would turn back on. I only started getting this error recently. As I know I didn't do anything inside the files to cause this. It's really annoying, whatever you were doing, you have to do it all over again.

Here are the errors:

Chrome.exe

The application could not start correctly0xc0000005

Explorer.exe

The application could not start correctlyThis one doesn't have a number

Also to indicate, all applications work perfectly fine, Chrome is working fine, Internet Explorereven though I don't use it is working fine. These errors appear when I leave my PC idle or rarely when I am doing something on my PC.

Would really like a solution, Thanks!

PS: Sorry for the bad wording and spelling. English is my 3rd language.

-Tihomir Grubisic

:)

TihomirGrubisic, Apr 18, 2021
  2. RRP17 Win User

All desktop windows are move/push-over to Main display after waking-up from sleep mode

I'm happy to find these as work-around, very helpful at least to my systems scenario.

All my desktop windows retained the exact location in both built-in and external monitor, before and after Sleep mode.

Step 1. Press the below keys before the computer turn to sleep mode

(typically, this is prior to leaving my computer for a break)

• Windows logo key + M

Step 2. Press the below keys after signing back or activating from sleep mode

• Windows logo key + Shift + M

RRP17, Apr 18, 2021
  3. emurskp Win User
    monitor goes into sleep mode

Thank you Vijay for the quick response. The troubleshooter didn't find anything. For step 2, I was already using the recommended setting. I noticed that the fast startup only affects the startup when you're machine has been turned off, and currently
    that is when my monitor works, so I didn't want to change that setting. My monitor doesn't work if i'm beginning from the pc being in sleep mode.

emurskp, Apr 18, 2021
  4. CarlEdman Win User

Monitor wouldnt turn on from sleep mode after an error

Monitor Sleep Repositions Icons and Windows

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have tried turning off align to grid and rebooting in safe and clean modes. None makes any difference. In fact, rebooting does not reset the icons (which is good). But turning the monitor off and on, or allowing it to go to sleep mode does.

The only workaround I have is to disable monitor sleep completely and leave a 43" monitor running all day and night.

CarlEdman, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Monitor wouldnt turn on from sleep mode after an error

1. Monitor wouldnt turn on from sleep mode after an error - Similar Threads - Monitor wouldnt turn

2. Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep: I've built 3 computers over the last 10 or so years. Each one has had a different OS. Windows 7, 10, and now 11. Each one, with completely different hardware, from completely different manufacturers, always ends up with one incredibly frustrating problem: they don't properly...
  3. Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep: I've built 3 computers over the last 10 or so years. Each one has had a different OS. Windows 7, 10, and now 11. Each one, with completely different hardware, from completely different manufacturers, always ends up with one incredibly frustrating problem: they don't properly...
  4. Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep: Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From SleepI have dual monitors and I extend them, however, every time my computer wakes from sleep, the second monitor loses signal and I have to restart the computer. I tried to go to display and extend it again, but it won't work. I...
  5. Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep: Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From SleepI have dual monitors and I extend them, however, every time my computer wakes from sleep, the second monitor loses signal and I have to restart the computer. I tried to go to display and extend it again, but it won't work. I...
  6. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  7. My Gateway monitor will not turn on after waking from sleep

My Gateway monitor will not turn on after waking from sleep: Recently, my Gateway monitor will only repeatedly flash the Gateway logo when Windows wakes up from sleep. The Windows desktop will not display, and I have to manually power off the computer and restart.This is new behavior. Maybe after a Windows update. This is Windows 10,...
  8. Monitor not turning on after sleep

Monitor not turning on after sleep: Hey, I just put my windows 10 pc on sleep and when I came back the monitor won't turn on. I already tried unplugging the power cable and replugging. Not working. I also cannot shut down my pc. I use a LG monitor. What can I do? Thanks, Luc...
  9. Monitors flickers after sleep mode

Monitors flickers after sleep mode: window 10 when pc goes power sleep then two monitors starts flickring and does not detect one monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitors-flickers-after-sleep-mode/38a7a361-abd3-4f4a-a2a9-2a62ee2f75a0
  10. Monitor not turn on after my desktop wake up from sleeping mode

Monitor not turn on after my desktop wake up from sleeping mode: Hi guys, As mentioned in the title, my monitor won't turn on when my desktop woke up from sleeping mode. I need to press the on and off button on my monitor in order to wake it up. When my desktop went into sleeping mode, my monitor will go into sleeping mode as well...