Windows 10: Monitor

Discus and support Monitor in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an HP Omen computer (running windows 10) and would like for my monitor (Dell) to turn off at the precise time my pc turns off. Can it be done in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CarolCree, Apr 3, 2019.

1. CarolCree Win User

Monitor

I have an HP Omen computer (running windows 10) and would like for my monitor (Dell) to turn off at the precise time my pc turns off. Can it be done in windows 10?

:)

CarolCree, Apr 3, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Monitor

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Monitor

1. Monitor - Similar Threads - Monitor

2. Generic PnP monitor log error event, driver not migrated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic PnP monitor log error event, driver not migrated: I had to reinstall Windows 10. Afterwards, Windows does not detect my Samsung Syncmaster 171N. I believe it was using the GenericPnP driver. There is no specific driver for that monitor on Windows10 (or 7). The event log for the driver says Device...
  3. monitor resolution off the edges

monitor resolution off the edges: my 2nd monitor desk top resolution is1280x720 but the active resolution is 1920x1080. my main monitor resolutions are both 1920x1080. I have tried all the different resolution options but still cant see he edges of the 2nd monitor. this includes the desktop as well as...
  4. How can a resize a monitor with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can a resize a monitor with Windows 10?: I have multiple monitors and they are all set to the same resolution. I can't get the operating system to detect the fact that they are different....
  5. laptop hard drive turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity with external monitor, all times...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop hard drive turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity with external monitor, all times...: Hi, my laptop keeps going to sleep mode after only 2 minutes of inactivity when connected to an external monitor. I have Windows 10 Home, and in my power and sleep settings all of the turn off times are set to 30 minutes, same as in the advanced power settings. Also, it makes...
  6. How do I stop monitor flickering?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I stop monitor flickering?: I've recently updated my Windows 7 on ACER desktop to Windows 10 pro 32 bit. The upgrade itself took ages and after a successful update, the Windows function were not available. So i decided to restart in case it fixed the problem. And now as i try to open it, the windows...
  7. BSOD - svchost.exe - Problem when using external monitor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - svchost.exe - Problem when using external monitor.: When I use windows only on the notebook monitor I have no problem. But I often have blue screen when I'm using an LG external monitor. Pelo que vi o problema ocorreu no processo svchost.exe. dump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgI9tbjN_aJkhy04qOXKSMwA5t1J Thanks, Rafael...
  8. Advice on buying new Monitor for an older PC

Advice on buying new Monitor for an older PC: I have a 12 year old PC. It's a Dell XPS 410 that has had many hardware upgrades through the years to include a SSD, a Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 ti graphics card, a 600W PSU, 8g RAM, and an Intel Core Quad CPU (Q6600) at 2.4 GHz. This is not hardly a modern day gaming rig. But...
  9. New Monitor (TV) Burned Out

New Monitor (TV) Burned Out: Bought a new TV as a second monitor (cheap Cello 40 inch) which worked for a day until the screen went black suddenly. There was smoke coming out of the inside so I assume it was a cooked capacitor? Would like to replace the TV but want to check it's nothing to do with my...
  10. Recent Windows 10 Update Eliminates Dual Monitor Capapbility

Recent Windows 10 Update Eliminates Dual Monitor Capapbility: Recent update (April/May 2019) rendered my capability to extend my monitor view. What is require to regain that capability and or rolling back the drivers?...