Windows 10: Monitor

Discus and support Monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I Have a asus vg248 monitor which can run 144hz but only goes to 60hz. It also says generic PnP instead of the monitor name. I've looked it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alex_2345, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Alex_2345 Win User

Monitor

Hello,

I Have a asus vg248 monitor which can run 144hz but only goes to 60hz. It also says generic PnP instead of the monitor name. I've looked it up and it says that windows automaticly installs drivers and you have to install the right drivers. when I go to do this the drivers for my monitor are only for windows 7/8. how do I fix this?

:)

Alex_2345, Jan 16, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Monitor

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Monitor

1. Monitor - Similar Threads - Monitor

2. Monitor does not wake up after updated Screen Sleep settings, to 3m

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor does not wake up after updated Screen Sleep settings, to 3m: Occasionally I have this issue, where my Right-Hand Display Monitor does not come back on/wake up, with the Laptop and other Display Screen, as it should. This issue turned into happening now each time I have to wake up my computer, after updating the screen sleep settings......
  3. Monitor does not wake up after updated Screen Sleep settings, to 3m

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor does not wake up after updated Screen Sleep settings, to 3m: Occasionally I have this issue, where my Right-Hand Display Monitor does not come back on/wake up, with the Laptop and other Display Screen, as it should. This issue turned into happening now each time I have to wake up my computer, after updating the screen sleep settings......
  4. Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Issue: Morning, I'm having issues with my monitors. Up until yesterday they were working fine. I unplugged my laptop to work elsewhere and when I went to plug in I started having issues. I have 2 samsung monitors plugged in to my Lenovo Thinkpad. No docking station. One monitor is...
  5. Monitor Issue

Monitor Issue: Morning, I'm having issues with my monitors. Up until yesterday they were working fine. I unplugged my laptop to work elsewhere and when I went to plug in I started having issues. I have 2 samsung monitors plugged in to my Lenovo Thinkpad. No docking station. One monitor is...
  6. Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Monitors shut off followed by streaming software turning off, not considered an actual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors shut off followed by streaming software turning off, not considered an actual...: PC Build:CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900xGPU: Asus Turbo RTX 2080 TIMB: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SSD C Drive, 2TB Blackweb NVME Drive, 5TB Blackweb external HD, 2TB Western Digital HDDRAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 2x16 32GB memoryPower Supply: Corsair...
  8. Monitors shut off followed by streaming software turning off, not considered an actual...

Monitors shut off followed by streaming software turning off, not considered an actual...: PC Build:CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900xGPU: Asus Turbo RTX 2080 TIMB: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SSD C Drive, 2TB Blackweb NVME Drive, 5TB Blackweb external HD, 2TB Western Digital HDDRAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 2x16 32GB memoryPower Supply: Corsair...
  9. Monitors shut off followed by streaming software turning off, not considered an actual...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Both my monitors will randomly go black while my PC continues to run. I am unable to fix...

Both my monitors will randomly go black while my PC continues to run. I am unable to fix...: This problem initially started about 3 weeks ago. While gaming, both my monitors went black while my PC remained on. I was able to hear my game audio for another 4-5 seconds and then that cut out. The computer will eventually reboot after 2-3 minutes of being on but not...