Windows 10: Monitorbugging out after adding 2nd monitor

Discus and support Monitorbugging out after adding 2nd monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am working on an HP z820 workstation with an NVidia K4000 blower card and 2 black Magic cards. Whenever i plug in the second monitor it goes crazy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AdonVonPanzern, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Monitorbugging out after adding 2nd monitor

I am working on an HP z820 workstation with an NVidia K4000 blower card and 2 black Magic cards. Whenever i plug in the second monitor it goes crazy and for some reason adds A 3rd monitory and makes it the main one so whenever i try to open Ctrl panel and try to make my main monitor the 1 monitor in the setup yet i cant due to the fact it opens up in the monitor that doesn’t exist. Im stumped at this point and would like some help. It is also running the latest version of Windows 10

submitted by /u/AdonVonPanzern
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AdonVonPanzern, Jul 16, 2020
  2. LynxRD Win User

2nd Monitor out of range

I have been using a 2nd monitor for a few months and out of no where my 2nd keeps displaying "out of range 60hz/67.4khz" (while also making my main laptop screen go black) every time i plug in my HDMI converter to VGA. Its a very old monitor that displays
    1366x768 (same as my laptop which I use it on). I have updated all my drivers and have search for a new windows update but it still displays the same thing. My display settings are the default refresh rate of 60hz and the default resolution of 1366x768.

If you have any suggestion on how to fix this please leave a comment. Thank you.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / PC Projection & Continuum]

LynxRD, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

The error message Out of Range usually occurs when the video card feeds the monitor, a signal stream in excess from what the monitor can handle.

I suggest you to try the steps listed below and see if it works for you:

• Boot the computer in
      Safe Mode
      , and right click on the Desktop.
    • Select Display Properties and choose a lower resolution.
    • Reboot the machine and check if it works.
    • If the issue persists, boot the computer again in
      Safe Mode
      , and go to Display Properties.
    • Click on Advanced Display Settings, and choose
      Display Adapter properties.
    • Under Monitor tab, choose
      60 Hz
      as the Screen Refresh rate.
    • Apply the changes, boot the PC in normal mode to see if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Monitorbugging out after adding 2nd monitor

2nd Monitor

Hi

Thank you for helping me. When it is on duplicated both monitors have same resolution, however, the 2nd monitor the text is unreadable and screen blurred. If on extended my default monitor is fine but the 2nd monitor goes off and my laptop screen comes on.
    I wish to have both default and second monitor displaying at the same time. As it is the 2nd monitor drop down resolution is showing 800x600 and is faded out and unable to change it.

JohnMcNaughton1, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Monitorbugging out after adding 2nd monitor

1. Monitorbugging out after adding 2nd monitor - Similar Threads - Monitorbugging adding 2nd

2. Computer wont wake from sleep after adding a 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont wake from sleep after adding a 2nd monitor: I recently got a new 1440p monitor to replace my main monitor and hooked it up to my pc with a displayport cable. Ever since I got the monitor, whenever I try to wake the computer from sleep or even sometimes when I turn the PC on, the power light on my case will turn on, the...
  3. Computer wont wake from sleep after adding a 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wont wake from sleep after adding a 2nd monitor: I recently got a new 1440p monitor to replace my main monitor and hooked it up to my pc with a displayport cable. Ever since I got the monitor, whenever I try to wake the computer from sleep or even sometimes when I turn the PC on, the power light on my case will turn on, the...
  4. How to zoom out on 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to zoom out on 2nd monitor?: I found another thread for this, but none of the solutions work. changing the scale ONLY affect my Laptop screen. Aspect setting on the monitor are greyed out on ALL modes, so i cannot even change them if i wanted to. It works like normal on 2nd screen only and duplicate...
  5. How to zoom out on 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to zoom out on 2nd monitor?: I found another thread for this, but none of the solutions work. changing the scale ONLY affect my Laptop screen. Aspect setting on the monitor are greyed out on ALL modes, so i cannot even change them if i wanted to. It works like normal on 2nd screen only and duplicate...
  6. 2nd monitor is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd monitor is greyed out: Hello, I recently got a new 2nd monitor. Windows detects the monitor, as I can move my mouse to it, but nothing will display on the monitor, just a grey screen. I've tried a HDMI, DP cable, everything. I tried to use another monitor with my video card and the monitor worked...
  7. Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash: I recently added a new monitor to my gaming PC set up, and now it occasionally will crash the entire PC. Could this be a power supply issue or something else?...
  8. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...
  9. 2nd monitor "out of range" windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd monitor "out of range" windows 10: I recently connected an older monitor to my laptop using a HDMI to VGA Adapter. At first all worked fine. Now I am getting Out of Range on 2nd monitor screen. I have read many posts but most of he posts are several years old. Will purchasing a new HDMI monitor solve the...
  10. Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range": I’m trying to do a dual monitor setup for my PC using a 4K TV and a 720p monitor (at least I think it’s a 720p). The Operating System is Windows 10 Pro. The graphics card being used is an Asus Nvidia GT 710 2Gb (bought just days ago). The connection for the main monitor...