Windows 10: Monitoring drag & drop between different drives in Windows

Discus and support Monitoring drag & drop between different drives in Windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey! We develop a service and we need it to monitor drag & drop from one drive to another. We looked into a few options and we didn't find any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Leahy_132, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Leahy_132 Win User

Monitoring drag & drop between different drives in Windows

Hey!

We develop a service and we need it to monitor drag & drop from one drive to another.

We looked into a few options and we didn't find any solution, except scanning the whole drive, which takes too long.

Can you help us understand the mechanism behind the drag & drop in Windows or help us find open source tools?

We succeeded monitoring the clipboard, but it doesn't work on drag & drop.

:)

Leahy_132, Nov 22, 2020

2. Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Nov 22, 2020
  3. All drag no drop - Monitor or outlook?

Hello
    confusedddotcom,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue? It would be best if you can send me a screenshot of the issue. You can use the

Snipping Tool
      to capture screenshots.

Meanwhile, you may check the suggested steps in this thread to
    troubleshoot the said issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Win User

drag and drop

I suggest to look at this site:

Drag and Drop not Working Fix

Regards,

Thema:

1. Monitoring drag & drop between different drives in Windows - Similar Threads - Monitoring drag drop

2. Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?: How to drag & drop files between virtual desktops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-drop-files-between-virtual-desktops/d2d27ef0-a5c8-48b6-af69-4fe9f5041266
  3. Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?: How to drag & drop files between virtual desktops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-drop-files-between-virtual-desktops/d2d27ef0-a5c8-48b6-af69-4fe9f5041266
  4. Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. File Drag & Drop Between Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Drag & Drop Between Drives: How do I disable the feature that leaves a copy of the file on the source drive when dragging to another drive? Dragging a file to another folder on the same drive moves it to the new location while dragging a file from drive 1 to drive 2 puts a copy on both drives....
  6. File Drag & Drop Between Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Drag & Drop Between Drives: How do I disable the feature that leaves a copy of the file on the source drive when dragging to another drive? Dragging a file to another folder on the same drive moves it to the new location while dragging a file from drive 1 to drive 2 puts a copy on both drives....
  7. File Drag & Drop Between Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Dragging windows between dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dragging windows between dual monitors: PLEASE NOTE that this problem only began a few weeks ago and NO HARDWARE or SOFTWARE CHANGES were made to the system.Until recently, when I have a window maximized, I could grab it by the title bar and drag it across to the other display. When I did it, the application window...
  9. Extended Desktop: dragging window between monitors of differing DPI almost unusable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extended Desktop: dragging window between monitors of differing DPI almost unusable: With multiple monitors, dragging a window between monitors of differing DPI is a tragedy and in some cases a strategic exercise to get the window usable on another monitor. I’m not sure how any designer got this so wrong, but when the window apparently does not scale to...
  10. Drag and Drop with no Drive Letter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drag and Drop with no Drive Letter: I have an flash drive which I use to store personal data and as such I’ve unassigned the drive letter so it doesn’t appear in file explorer. Currently using the volume’s GUID to access the drive via a batch file. So far it’s working fine, but one thing I’ve noticed is that I...