Windows 10: monitoring ISP speed & dropping

Discus and support monitoring ISP speed & dropping in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Basically, I want to monitor my line for dropping & speed - my ISP promises my package at download of around 76 Mbps & up at about 10- 12 Mbps - I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rap3, Aug 18, 2018.

1. rap3 Win User

monitoring ISP speed & dropping

Basically, I want to monitor my line for dropping & speed - my ISP promises my package at download of around 76 Mbps & up at about 10- 12 Mbps - I am lucky to get 50 down on a good day (& up is highly variable)! I also know it drops, especially at peak times (meaning Netflix needs to be frequently rebooted each time I watch something). Does Winows 10 have an app that allows me to continuously monitor internet speed (upload & download) alongside frequency of dropping? I have used tracert & ping -t in the cmd line before: can I specify the ping execution everty 30 s say? If I can, is there then a way to get these data summarised (or outputted as a comma delimited txt file I can then import & summarise in eg Excel). Alternatively, is there some fairly idiot proof freeware out there that will allow line monitoring in the background? Many thanks

:)

2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 18, 2018
  4. monitoring ISP speed & dropping

notebook won't accept my isp

Hi Kay,

We would like to know more details about your notebook not connecting to the ISP so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• What is the status of the connection in the system tray?
    • Are you connected to the WiFi hotspot but not getting Internet connectivity?
    • Have you made any changes before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try performing the troubleshooting steps in fixing connection issues in the following

link

We're looking forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

monitoring ISP speed & dropping

1. monitoring ISP speed & dropping - Similar Threads - monitoring ISP speed

2. ISP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ISP: HiIs there a way to change my default to a new ISP even if the old one is still active?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/4779db50-c490-4077-a60a-e8fac7b29365
  3. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer speeds drops!!!: Starts off at 500mb/s, then drops to 300-400 which is understandable. But problem is when after it is at half, it drops drastically to 40mb/s and fluctuates there between 30 to 90. I am using 512 gb nvme m2 ssd. windows 10. and i am transferring those files from C drive to D...
  4. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer speeds drops!!!: Starts off at 500mb/s, then drops to 300-400 which is understandable. But problem is when after it is at half, it drops drastically to 40mb/s and fluctuates there between 30 to 90. I am using 512 gb nvme m2 ssd. windows 10. and i am transferring those files from C drive to D...
  5. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Speed drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speed drop: I need help in a very strange situation. I subscribe to Turbobit and Nitroflare. I also use Free Download Manager. When I start a download via Turbobit, after about 5 minutes the download drops too much, less than 1% of my connection. My download rate is 100 Mbits / s (12...
  7. DL speed drop

DL speed drop: I run an internet speed test, it says I'm getting 40 mbps. When I start downloading an update for a game. It drops to 3.5 mbps. I'm confused to why. Anyone know why or can help me out?...
  8. ISP speed isn't always the most important !!

ISP speed isn't always the most important !!: Hi folks We often see things like multi TB/s Internet speed -- yes of course that's great but in reality it's what you actually do with that speed and whether or not the target websites you download from are even capable of delivering anything like that speed. Here's a...
  9. Do all ISP's throttle speeds/WiFI Blast?

Do all ISP's throttle speeds/WiFI Blast?: I had read that all internet service providers throttle your internet speed after the first couple of months in order to get you to upgrade to their next tier of service. What they supposedly do, especially if you are on satellite, such as Hughesnet, is split your speed...
  10. SSD/USB3.0 Speed Drop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD/USB3.0 Speed Drop: When transferring files from my external SSD/USB3.0 to my PC, the speed drops from around 300MB/s to 105MB/s. It stays at 300MB/s almost 60% of the transfer, then it Drops. What to do so that there is no Drop? EDIT: Disabling the "Write Cache" for HDD in PC, the speed...