Windows 10: MonitoringTool:win32/MicTrayDebugger

Discus and support MonitoringTool:win32/MicTrayDebugger in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Im running windows 10 on an HP x2 Elite device Windows defender full scan has shown a sever threat monitoringtool:win32/MicTrayDebugger I’ve... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dom O'Connor, May 8, 2020.

1. MonitoringTool:win32/MicTrayDebugger

Im running windows 10

on an HP x2 Elite device

Windows defender full scan has shown a sever threat monitoringtool:win32/MicTrayDebugger

I’ve tried to remove and quarenteen using defender but it just spends hours saying its fixing the issue but never finishing the removal.

I’ve followed some online instructions to use alternative anti malware programs from defender.

I’ve tried to rebuild the laptop with a fresh install of windows 10

I’ve updated the drivers from the HP website

every time I re run the defender full scan it comes back with the same threat found monitoringtool:win32/MicTrayDebugger

Any suggestions would be very welcome as I have spent days trying to solve the problem

:)

Dom O'Connor, May 8, 2020
  2. CarolLJ Win User

MicTrayDebugger

According to this info. on Microsoft's site, updated drivers solve the problem. You can download manually or get through Windows Updates. You can locate the link that applies to your OS.

MonitoringTool: Win32/MicTrayDebugger

CarolLJ, May 8, 2020
  3. kayakman Win User
    Win32/MicTrayDebugger --- can't be removed?

In my Windows 7 Professional, each time Windows Defender does a scan it finds Win32/MicTrayDebugger and warns the Alert Level is "Severe". But each time I click on the "Clean System" button, it always says after about half an hour:"Status: Not Found". But
    if I rescan with Windows Defender, the exactly same warning shows up again and yet again it will later say "Status: Not Found".

The Windows Defender scan results reads:

Category:

Monitoring Software

Description:

This program can be used for malicious purposes if unauthorized.

Advice:

Remove this software immediately.

Resources:

containerfile:

D:\sources\FPP.WIM

file:

D:\sources\FPP.WIM->(Image70334)\Program Files\CONEXANT\Install\Audio\MicTray.cab->MicTray\MicTray\MicTray64.exe

file:

D:\sources\FPP.WIM->(Image70334)\Program Files\CONEXANT\Install\Audio\MicTray\MicTray\MicTray64.exe

I've always kept the Windows updates done promptly, and have McAfee installed. Still, between these 2 security / anti-virus programs, there's nothing to be done to remove this MicTrayDebugger threat?

Please help! Thank you all in advance!

kayakman, May 8, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

MonitoringTool:win32/MicTrayDebugger

Win32/MicTrayDebugger --- can't be removed?

If you have not done so, suggest you review the following document which explains this detection: MonitoringTool:Win32/MicTrayDebugger threat description - Microsoft Security Intelligence

And - since you are using Win 7 be advised the Windows Defender (WD) program (that is part of Win 7) is an antispyware program only…it is not a comprehensive antivirus program
    like WD on Win 10. I’ve disabled WD on my Win 7 (to avoid potential conflicts with my installed antivirus program) and your WD (ideally) should be disabled since you are using McAfee.

Since McAfee is your antivirus provider did you seek advice/assistance from McAfee?

McAfee Support Community - Consumer Forums - McAfee Support Community

I don’t use McAfee but if McAfee is not detecting an issue then you should be able to assume you do not have a malware problem.

But - you can run some of the “on-demand” scanners in List
    of Malware Removal Tools
    if you wish to do so.

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, May 8, 2020
Thema:

MonitoringTool:win32/MicTrayDebugger

1. MonitoringTool:win32/MicTrayDebugger - Similar Threads - MonitoringTool win32 MicTrayDebugger

2. Win32 related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win32 related: Can anybody tell me does hacktool win32 crack msr is a virus or windows defender detect it as fake or is it really very harmful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win32-related/3b41f900-6c42-48fe-bdc1-fb08ef5d339b
  3. win32/hive.zy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win32/hive.zy: Should I worry about a win32/hive.zy problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win32hivezy/e2e697a5-0d86-4bc0-bf57-6b647e6c35c5
  4. win32/hive.zy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win32/hive.zy: Should I worry about a win32/hive.zy problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win32hivezy/e2e697a5-0d86-4bc0-bf57-6b647e6c35c5
  5. Win32/Hive.ZY

Win32/Hive.ZY: HiWindows security keeps saying its blocked/removed Win32/Hive.ZY 3 to 4 times after i turn on my PC.I have done a full scan , its removing it but then when i turn off my pc and turn it back on, before i get chance to do anything windows security is saying its detected it and...
  6. Win32/ExcludeProc.A & Win32/ExcludeProc.D

Win32/ExcludeProc.A & Win32/ExcludeProc.D: Hi, ExcludeProc.A and ExcludeProc.D kept on getting detected by Windows Defender whenever my computer starts.Saw from others that FRST was used, so here's my own scan results: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LDpNGcaxGleLA2yMO64Cj_l8LH0VcfOt?usp=sharingThanks in...
  7. Win32

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win32: what does SWD stand for and how do you see if a sound device has speakers plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win32/5382cc95-5c26-48cf-9e9a-b3f3b378e8f8
  8. Problem Removing MonitoringTool:win32/MicTrayDebugger

Problem Removing MonitoringTool:win32/MicTrayDebugger: Im running windows 10 on an HP x2 Elite device Windows defender full scan has shown a sever threat monitoringtool:win32/MicTrayDebugger I’ve tried to remove and quarenteen using defender but it just spends hours saying its fixing the issue but never finishing the...
  9. How do I remove this malware? MonitoringTool:Win32/MicTrayDebugger

How do I remove this malware? MonitoringTool:Win32/MicTrayDebugger: Please assist me with a way to remove this malware from my PC as windows security fails to do this MonitoringTool:Win32/MicTrayDebugger * Original title: Win...
  10. Win32/MicTrayDebugger - very late detection by Defender

Win32/MicTrayDebugger - very late detection by Defender: Before reading this please note that I regularly update Windows defender and do full sweeps about every 6 months but it does an automated sweep regularly as well. From Microsoft via Defender (NB Dates back to 2017 and it seems that this issue was known about April 2017):...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitoringtool:win32/mictraydebugger from win 10