Windows 10: Monitors 2 wont wake from sleep mode

Discus and support Monitors 2 wont wake from sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I know there are lots of questions like this but so far I have not found an answer to my problem so here goes.Recently did a new install of Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dungogvolts, May 3, 2023.

1. Monitors 2 wont wake from sleep mode

I know there are lots of questions like this but so far I have not found an answer to my problem so here goes.Recently did a new install of Windows 10 Home on a brand-new SSD as my old version decided not to play anymore and locked up, I could not get passed the "Repairing your system" thing.Anyway, after spending a couple of days getting my settings as I like them, downloading a few programs and other stuff I have my desktop working like it did before the freeze. This morning I put my PC into sleep mode, as I have done many many times before with my old version, and upon waking it up found th

:)

Dungogvolts, May 3, 2023
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Monitors 2 wont wake from sleep mode 269222d1583351612t-asus-laptop-wont-wake-sleep-mode-options.png

Monitors 2 wont wake from sleep mode 269223d1583351612t-asus-laptop-wont-wake-sleep-mode-options-2.png

Monitors 2 wont wake from sleep mode 269224d1583351612t-asus-laptop-wont-wake-sleep-mode-plan2.png

Monitors 2 wont wake from sleep mode 269225d1583351612t-asus-laptop-wont-wake-sleep-mode-power-plans.png

Monitors 2 wont wake from sleep mode 51612t-asus-laptop-wont-wake-sleep-mode-screenshot_2020-03-04-intel-reg-driver-support-assistant.png

Chadi, May 3, 2023
  3. Monitor will not wake from sleep

When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.

I have read multiple forums trying to find a solution but nothing seems to work. things I have tried:

• updating BIOS
    • restoring Windows
    • running Windows Update
    • trying a different monitor
    • checking monitor settings
    • turning off Fast Startup
    • Running Troubleshooter Power
    • turning off Link State Power Management
    • Restarting in Safe Mode
    • Updating and Rolling Back the display adaptor
    • checking that keyboard and mouse can wake the PC
    • probably a few more that I have forgotten
    Asus PN51

Windows 11Home 64 bit

AMD Ryzen 7 5700u

AMD Radeon Graphics

Any suggestions gratefully received

CMartinPage, May 3, 2023
  4. Anbu935 Win User

Monitors 2 wont wake from sleep mode

Dual monitors not waking from sleep

Hi all,

I'm having issues where my monitors won't wake from sleep in a dual monitor setup. This only occurs after waking them from a sleep state, and they work fine when booting up my PC from scratch.

I have tested both monitors in a single monitor setup and the issue goes away completely as they wake from sleep just fine when only using a single monitor. This issue only seems to occur when using both monitors simultaneously.

I have tried the below steps to no avail to remedy the issue:

• Changed the DisplayPort cable
    • Uninstalled graphics drivers with DDU and reinstalled them again
    • Made sure Windows update was completely up-to-date, including any optional drivers
    • Made sure there were no unknown devices in Device Manager
    • Turned Link State Power Management under PCI Express in Power Plan settings to off
    • Completely formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows 11
    None of these steps have resolved the issue.

Any assistance provided will be much appreciated!

Anbu935, May 3, 2023
Thema:

Monitors 2 wont wake from sleep mode

1. Monitors 2 wont wake from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Monitors wont wake

2. Monitor will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor will not wake from sleep: When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.I have read...
  3. Monitor will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor will not wake from sleep: When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.I have read...
  4. Laptop drive wont wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop drive wont wake from sleep mode: I have a windows 11 laptop and something i noticed is that, sometimes the laptop will not wake from sleep mode. Why is this?When pressing any input key the keyboard will light, and the device itself will power. But the cylinder icon that represents the drive will not blink...
  5. Laptop drive wont wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop drive wont wake from sleep mode: I have a windows 11 laptop and something i noticed is that, sometimes the laptop will not wake from sleep mode. Why is this?When pressing any input key the keyboard will light, and the device itself will power. But the cylinder icon that represents the drive will not blink...
  6. Waking from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking from sleep mode.: After a Windows 10 update four days ago, my desktop computer won't wake up after going into sleep mode. The only way I have been able to cope with this is to unplug the power for several seconds. How can I fix the problem so that touching the keyboard or mouse will wake up...
  7. my pc wont wake up from sleep mode

my pc wont wake up from sleep mode: ok so basically when i put my pc into sleep mode when i try to wake it up by clicking the mouse or using the key board the pc wakes up but nothing on the screen happens. when i look at my pc it looks like its turning on and off over and over again but nothing happens. i have...
  8. Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode.

Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode.: My mouse won't wake up my laptop after sleep. I have the lid closed and the laptop connected to a monitor with the lid closed setting to "do nothing". The mouse will allow my older laptop to wake up the computer. am I missing a setting? both laptops are operating Windows...
  9. Monitor will not wake from sleep

Monitor will not wake from sleep: I have tried many fixes found on the internet,i have changed setting after setting,created numerous power plans,tried different display port cables,i have a dell alienware 34 inch monitor,I9 9900k,asus rog maximus xi code mobo, evga ftw 2080 ti hybrid,corsair 64 gb 3200 MHz...
  10. Monitor waking from sleep

Monitor waking from sleep: I have my settings configured so my monitor will go to sleep. It goes to sleep but then immediately wakes back up. Looking to see what is waking it shows unknown? [img] Any idea on what is causing it to wake up? I think it's the new monitor because it didn't happen...