Windows 10: Monitor's Audio Output Keeps Re-enabling Even Though I Disabled It

Discus and support Monitor's Audio Output Keeps Re-enabling Even Though I Disabled It in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Asus monitor that i use with my laptop. It has an VGA output but i use it with an hdmi adapter. My problem is;Everytime i open my laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kutay kurt, May 6, 2021.

1. Monitor's Audio Output Keeps Re-enabling Even Though I Disabled It

I have an Asus monitor that i use with my laptop. It has an VGA output but i use it with an hdmi adapter. My problem is;Everytime i open my laptop and connect my bluetooth earbuds, computer keeps switching between the monitor's audio outputIt doesn't actually have any speaker in it and my default bluetooth earbuds. Here is my Sound Settings, there is a bunch of same Asus audio device:Their numbers are keeps increasing everytime i open my laptop. After some time, 30sec-1min It finally decides which output to use Monitor-BT Earbuds and the switching stops. Before

:)

kutay kurt, May 6, 2021

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Monitor's Audio Output Keeps Re-enabling Even Though I Disabled It 277833d1379328243t-hdmi-monitor-no-speakers-no-sound-anywhere-when-connected-sound.png

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 6, 2021
  3. Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, May 6, 2021
  4. Monitor's Audio Output Keeps Re-enabling Even Though I Disabled It

Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's

Hello, Im trying to output my PC sound to my dual monitor setup (HP VH240a x2)

I've tried enabling the stereo mixer in windows and replaying to the second monitor and even used a direct audio jack instead but nothing.

Also, I tried NVIDIA's Control Panel and enabled surround but it doesnt work

Pc specs : ROG-STRIX-RTX2060-6G-GAMING

Intel i5-9600k

Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI

UncleDemonTTV, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Monitor's Audio Output Keeps Re-enabling Even Though I Disabled It

1. Monitor's Audio Output Keeps Re-enabling Even Though I Disabled It - Similar Threads - Monitor's Audio Output

2. Cloud search stays enabled even though I have disabled it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cloud search stays enabled even though I have disabled it.: It shows up as disabled in: Settings, Search options, registry or even group policies but somehow still is working on my system? I've tried every way to disable it and it still shows up....
  3. Cloud search stays enabled even though I have disabled it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud search stays enabled even though I have disabled it.: It shows up as disabled in: Settings, Search options, registry or even group policies but somehow still is working on my system? I've tried every way to disable it and it still shows up....
  4. Cloud search stays enabled even though I have disabled it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I installed new headphones and even though i keep disabling them they always enable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed new headphones and even though i keep disabling them they always enable...: Hey,Since this problem includes a 3rd party program, asking here at the Microsoft support page might not be the best place, but I will give it a shot.Like the title says I bought the Steelseries Arctis Nova 7 which has 4 diffrent audio outputs. The regular output, and then...
  6. I installed new headphones and even though i keep disabling them they always enable...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I installed new headphones and even though i keep disabling them they always enable...: Hey,Since this problem includes a 3rd party program, asking here at the Microsoft support page might not be the best place, but I will give it a shot.Like the title says I bought the Steelseries Arctis Nova 7 which has 4 diffrent audio outputs. The regular output, and then...
  7. I installed new headphones and even though i keep disabling them they always enable...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. my output device keeps getting enabled and disabled

my output device keeps getting enabled and disabled: it suddenly happened and wouldn't stop even after i restarted my device video of it happening: https://youtu.be/I4el1FiahkU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-output-device-keeps-getting-enabled-and/55a34294-33d8-43fc-87f1-a808859ec660
  9. How do you re-enable an audio output device after disabling it in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you re-enable an audio output device after disabling it in Windows 10?: Hello! I wanted to extend my laptop screen via an HDMI cable to watch a movie on my TV, while still playing the audio from my laptop. To do this, I disabled the TV's audio in "Manage sound devices" in Windows 10, which made the audio play from my laptop while the movie played...
  10. Not able to disable my touch pad even though I did not enable it

Not able to disable my touch pad even though I did not enable it: I find the touch pad terribly inconvenient to use compared to a mouse and always have it disabled when possible. Two days ago I realized it was enabled and immediately went to disable it like I normally do using FN+F3 on my MSi laptop and that did not work. I ignored it...