Windows 10: Monitors blacking out randomly, and staying blacked out until I restart PC.

Discus and support Monitors blacking out randomly, and staying blacked out until I restart PC. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I typically think of myself as a pretty informed/smart person when it comes to computers, their insides, and programming. I can't for the life of me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ViaforShort, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Monitors blacking out randomly, and staying blacked out until I restart PC.

I typically think of myself as a pretty informed/smart person when it comes to computers, their insides, and programming. I can't for the life of me though, figure out this issue that I'm having with my desktop. Occasionally (nothing triggers it, because it's always at a different time, with me doing something different when it happens) either my secondary, or both monitors will just go black, but still be lit up. So I know that my PC knows it's still connected. As well as I can drag icons and programs over to my second monitor, of course with nothing showing up. I always unplug and replug my HDMI/DisplayPort to my monitor and my PC. And nothing ever happens. I end up having to restart or else I'll be stuck with 1-2 black screens. Restarting doesn't seem like that big of an issue, I know. but when you're in the middle of something, it really slows down, and possibly deletes what you were doing. I know it can't be my GPU heating up, I've had task manager, and some other temp monitor utility open at the time of it blacking out. Anybody got any fixes?

Edit: I have an Rx580, Intel i5-8400, 24GB DDR4 RAM.

submitted by /u/ViaforShort
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ViaforShort, Nov 28, 2019
  2. koolking Win User

Monitor screen turned black and has stayed black for about 30 minutes

I did exactly as you said--EXACTLY!!! I uninstalled the driver as you said to. I deleted the driver for "this device"--exactly as you said to...!!!

My monitor screen turned black and has stayed black for about 30 minutes now as I write this (from my laptop).

I even tried to boot off the DVD I made from the Win 10 ISO file but it wouldn't boot off of it.

What do l do now????????!!!!!!!!!

RS

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums.

I would appreciate, if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

What is the make and model of your system?

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Graphic card drivers and check.

Uninstall and re-install the Graphic card device driver

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Go to Display adaptor and expand it and you would see the Graphics Card device, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”.

d) On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

e) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, go to the Device Manager again by following the steps mentioned above and then click on the “Scan for hardware changes” button. Check if Windows detects the Graphics Card device and installs an appropriate driver automatically.

If it doesn’t install the driver, I would suggest you to go to the manufacture website and install the latest graphic card drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Changing the title

Old title – Message for Ashish Sondhi

New title- Monitor screen turned black and has stayed black for about 30 minutes

koolking, Nov 28, 2019
  3. anaron Win User
    Primary monitor randomly goes black

Got a monitor issue. Looked at other posts about this issue be could not find anything addressing my issue. Over the past few months, my primary monitor randomly (no pattern to the issue) goes black but the led shows it to still be working. Secondary monitor is working. Only way to get the primary back is to reboot the computer. I tried reversing the DVI-D cable but no luck, primary still goes black. Regardless of which monitor is set to primary, that is the monitor that goes black. The monitor set as secondary never goes black. Any ideas?

anaron, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Monitors blacking out randomly, and staying blacked out until I restart PC.

Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Monitors blacking out randomly, and staying blacked out until I restart PC.

1. Monitors blacking out randomly, and staying blacked out until I restart PC. - Similar Threads - Monitors blacking randomly

2. Randomly my windows 11 PC blacked out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Randomly my windows 11 PC blacked out.: So randomly while I was editing a PowerPoint presentation, the screen became black expect the top right of the screen which became a windows 7ish taskbar, my keyboard didn't work same with my mouse, any ideas on why this happened?...
  3. Randomly my windows 11 PC blacked out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Randomly my windows 11 PC blacked out.: So randomly while I was editing a PowerPoint presentation, the screen became black expect the top right of the screen which became a windows 7ish taskbar, my keyboard didn't work same with my mouse, any ideas on why this happened?...
  4. Screen blacking out and forcing laptop to restart randomly for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen blacking out and forcing laptop to restart randomly for no reason.: Ever since I got my new laptop, I've had trouble with it as it randomy blacks out and restarts for no apparent reason. I don't know how to troubleshoot this error as the MyAsus BSOD and Driver Error troubleshooters both failed to find any problem with my laptop. Windows' Blue...
  5. Screen blacking out and forcing laptop to restart randomly for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen blacking out and forcing laptop to restart randomly for no reason.: Ever since I got my new laptop, I've had trouble with it as it randomy blacks out and restarts for no apparent reason. I don't know how to troubleshoot this error as the MyAsus BSOD and Driver Error troubleshooters both failed to find any problem with my laptop. Windows' Blue...
  6. Monitors stay black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitors stay black: Hello, today I tried to turn on my PC, but all 3 of my monitors remained black and did not show anything. My System: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 WRAITH 3600 AM4 Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING B450 D416GB 3200-16-18-18 Ripjaws V K2 GSK SSD 500GB 2.3/3.4G 970 EVO PCIe M.2 SAM Tt TR2 S 700W...
  7. Taskbar keeps blacking out randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar keeps blacking out randomly: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday and the issue is that my taskbar keeps blacking out randomly as well as my cursor just disappearing. Is there any way to fix this? It's getting really annoying....
  8. Extended monitor stays black after coming out of sleep, power on or hibernation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extended monitor stays black after coming out of sleep, power on or hibernation.: Hi, I have two monitors connected to my laptop. One is connected directly to the laptop’s VGA port. The Second one is connected to the USB 3.0 port via a USB 3.0 to VGA adapter. They were working fine before until about two months ago. Now when I turn on the laptop, the...
  9. Monitor black-out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor black-out: All of a sudden the monitor will go black; the computer still runs, but cannot use keyboard or mouse. No error message or code. Only resolution is to shut down and restart. Diagnostics show all is well with all the hardware. Is this a Windows 10 problem or what?...
  10. Desktop black out after the update and even restart its still black out.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop black out after the update and even restart its still black out.: Computer: Surface Desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-black-out-after-the-update-and-even/33a82356-b9d8-436a-a31d-7a8d75c51fac

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random black lit screen pc until restart