Windows 10: Monitors blink off black screen and on multiple times after waking up from sleep mode

Discus and support Monitors blink off black screen and on multiple times after waking up from sleep mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Friends,There is a recurring issue I am having with my monitor setup. Issue:All monitors will blink on waking up from sleep mode then blink off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by joshuacivic, May 11, 2022.

1. Monitors blink off black screen and on multiple times after waking up from sleep mode

Hello Friends,There is a recurring issue I am having with my monitor setup. Issue:All monitors will blink on waking up from sleep mode then blink off black screen, unresponsive to key commands for a second or two. This repeats a couple of times before my monitors finally stay on.I've seen other posts that reference "flickering" but my issue does not seem to present like that. It seems more like my monitors/system is trying to calibrate the monitors to my system settings and is blinking on and off to bring them in sync?.Info:3 monitorsWindows 10 up to dateNvidia Geforce GPU 3080Gsync on

:)

joshuacivic, May 11, 2022

2. Multiple computers won't wake out of sleep mode/start in sleep mode

I am trying to reinstall Windows with a USB, following the steps, and I cannot get anything on the monitor. It is black and the lights are blinking like it is in sleep mode.

MaryAlverson, May 11, 2022
  3. Multiple computers won't wake out of sleep mode/start in sleep mode

Well I actually have replied, I did all of step 1, and went onto step 2, followed the instructions for installation from another PC from a USB drive. I have Windows on the USB drive and tried to install on the problem computer. I am not sure what the disconnect
    is here. Since I was clear (I thought?) about the problem in my OP, I feel like actually you are the one who did not read what I wrote, especially when you told me to simply restart/wake up the computer.

So if you cannot help that is fine, and I guess I will have to go elsewhere. I am seeing a lot online about Windows 10 causing this issue and so that is why I am here. It is the one consistent variable with the problem I have had now with two computers back
    to back - they go into sleep mode and will not wake up no matter WHAT I do (yes, I do know how to reboot a computer and wake a computer up out of sleep mode, obviously this isn't about me just needing to "wake up" the computer).

POST 1: My computer would not boot up, and I tried everything I knew to get it to work to no avail. Got a new computer, everything was fine until - it went into sleep mode and wouldn't wake up. Reboot = sleep mode and won't wake up. All I have is
    a black screen. I've tried switching cables, plugs, monitors. What is going on? I feel like I am going crazy.

POST 2: I tried the first few steps with no luck. The screen remains black, there is no change/response. I am not sure I will be able to do the next steps such as Windows installation media.

POST 4: Thank you so much I want to do the installation but I don't have a windows key this is a refurbished computer that I didn't originally buy

POST 5: I am trying to reinstall Windows with a USB, following the steps, and I cannot get anything on the monitor. It is black and the lights are blinking like it is in sleep mode.

4. Monitors blink off black screen and on multiple times after waking up from sleep mode

Multiple computers won't wake out of sleep mode/start in sleep mode

My computer would not boot up, and I tried everything I knew to get it to work to no avail. Got a new computer, everything was fine until - it went into sleep mode and wouldn't wake up. Reboot = sleep mode and won't wake up. All I have is a black screen.
    I've tried switching cables, plugs, monitors. What is going on? I feel like I am going crazy.

Thema:

Monitors blink off black screen and on multiple times after waking up from sleep mode

1. Monitors blink off black screen and on multiple times after waking up from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Monitors blink off

2. Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode: Hi Recently i have a werid problem. I used ccleaner to update all my drivers on my laptop acer nitro 5. Now after waking up i have every time bluescreen. I read i the other ticket that you guys ask for minidump files. My pc produced few files all from the same day.Please help...
  3. Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode: Hi Recently i have a werid problem. I used ccleaner to update all my drivers on my laptop acer nitro 5. Now after waking up i have every time bluescreen. I read i the other ticket that you guys ask for minidump files. My pc produced few files all from the same day.Please help...
  4. Blue screen after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitors blink off black screen and on multiple times after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors blink off black screen and on multiple times after waking up from sleep mode: Hello Friends,There is a recurring issue I am having with my monitor setup. Issue:All monitors will blink on waking up from sleep mode then blink off black screen, unresponsive to key commands for a second or two. This repeats a couple of times before my monitors finally stay...
  6. Monitors blink off black screen and on multiple times after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors blink off black screen and on multiple times after waking up from sleep mode: Hello Friends,There is a recurring issue I am having with my monitor setup. Issue:All monitors will blink on waking up from sleep mode then blink off black screen, unresponsive to key commands for a second or two. This repeats a couple of times before my monitors finally stay...
  7. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode: When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done...
  8. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode: When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done...
  9. black screen with blinking mouse pointer when waking from sleep

black screen with blinking mouse pointer when waking from sleep: hi, i suddenly getting one issue with the windows latest version 18362.418. when my laptop goes to sleep after the screen timeout runs and i wake it up by tapping on the trackpad, the screen shows black screen with with blinking mouse pointer and only solution to fix that i...
  10. Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode

Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode: When I boot my computer out of sleep my monitor doesn't come back on until I cut the power bar power off and then back on. I have windows 10 version 1803 and 17134.829 build. I recently installed a new network adaptor. ***Original title: monitor dosen't come up after...