Windows 10: Monitors crash open programs

Discus and support Monitors crash open programs in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use a set of two monitors. I never turn off my CPU to leave my accounts connected to a game and not have to log in the 5 accounts each one by one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Apollo-69, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Apollo-69 Win User

Monitors crash open programs

I use a set of two monitors. I never turn off my CPU to leave my accounts connected to a game and not have to log in the 5 accounts each one by one all the time because it is irritating and time consuming.
    I had to clean my PC of a virus and I had to restore it to factory seting, since then every time I turn off the monitors manually the Game sound is still running apparently the programs are still running when monitors are off but when I turn them on again crashes all my Game windows and the rest of the windows like the brouser's,filewindow, notepad window and all the icons are send to the main screen

neve had this problem till naw, any solution? I did the drivers reinstallation also I did check advance Power seting option but nothing has changed.

:)

Apollo-69, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

QuickBooks crash while opening data file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that after Windows and QuickBooks update whenever you open a data file in QuickBooks, it crashes. We would like to know if any other programs are crashing apart from QuickBooks.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Repair QuickBooks

I suggest you to try repairing QuickBooks and then open data file in it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Look for QuickBooks application from the list, right click on it and select
      Repair.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.

If repairing QuickBooks didn’t fix the issue, please refer Method 2.

Method 2: Open Sample data file

You can try opening a Sample data file in QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks crash. If QuickBooks didn’t crash while opening Sample data file, I suspect that the data file that you are trying to open is causing the crash. In this case, I suggest you
    to contact the
    QuickBooks support
    team.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Open a Program on any Monitor where I open at?

Hi,

Regardless of how many monitors are set up on a computer, one main display is allowed. For your security, we cannot offer any third-party applications that are not approved by Microsoft.

Alternatively, you can follow the steps below on how can an application open in a specific monitor:

• Open an application, then drag it to the monitor you want it to open.
    • Restore down the application (window mode). To do so, press the Windows
      key + the Arrow down key on your keyboard.
    • Close the application by clicking the X mark icon.
    • Relaunch the application to confirm.

Note that this workaround may or may not work for all applications.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Vijay B Win User

Opening programs on second monitor, not main monitor

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the following steps.

1. Right click a free area of the desktop, select "properties"

2. Click the "settings" tab

3. Click the mouse on the seconary monitor grapic,

4. UNCHECK the box "extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor"

5. Click the primary monitor graphic

6. Make sure that "use this device as primary monitor" is CHECKED

If you're not sure which is 1 and which is 2, tap the "identify" button. It should display a huge, gigantic "1" on the primary monitor.

Or if that does not work, right click the application on the Taskbar, click Move, then use the arrow keys to move the program. The mouse cursor locks to the program window and you can use the mouse to position the program
    on your screen, you just have to use the arrow keys initially.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Monitors crash open programs - Similar Threads - Monitors crash open

2. Some programs not opening/crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some programs not opening/crashing: I recently got a new laptop and it has been working great. However, sometimes asus's armoury crate and realtek audio console would open but crash a second later. I have tried updating both but the problem persists...
  3. Opening programs on the extended monitor but not the main monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening programs on the extended monitor but not the main monitor: Hi all,I had the Windows 10 . My setup is a laptop with an extra monitor which set as Extended Display.The screen of the laptop is main screenNormally , the programs should be opened in the main screen. But I realized that sometimes the programs were opening in the extended...
  4. Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on: Hi there! I am wanting to make it so that my computer will open the program on the same monitor that i launch it from. So if i open it from my left monitor it appears on my left monitor, and if i open it on my right monitor, it opens on my right monitor. Is that possible....
  5. Programs crash when opened on second monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Programs crash when opened on second monitor.: I'm running a Dual Monitor setup with the extended setting, and it works perfect except for one thing: any program that tries to start itself up on the second screen freezes and doesn't start up. I have no problems moving programs that are already opened around, and can...
  6. Open programs moving to wrong monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open programs moving to wrong monitor: I have three monitors plus my home theatre plugged into my computer. When I go to work I switch off monitors one and three, the home theatre is plugged in constantly and monitor two displays my security cameras. What's annoying is that lately not sure what update this started...
  7. opening programs on dual monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    opening programs on dual monitor: I cant figure out how to get a program to launch on the screen from the taskbar on that screen. Lets say I click on Firefox on my main monitor (default) and it opens on my main, and I drag it to my secondary monitor and when I'm done I close the window. The next time I...
  8. Turning off/on Monitors crashes open programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off/on Monitors crashes open programs: I use a set of two monitors. I never turn off my CPU to leave my accounts connected to a game and have'nt to log in Five accounts each time one by one all the time because it is annoying and time consuming. I had to clean my PC and I restore it to factory setting, since then...
  9. Programs open to second monitor that is not plugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs open to second monitor that is not plugged: Few programs keep opening windows to unplugged monitor on Windows 10 I have checked Windows screen settings and nvidia settings and everything points to that i only have 1 monitor and only 1 monitor is displayed....
  10. 2nd Monitor Not Opening Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    2nd Monitor Not Opening Programs: I am using Samsung TV (brand new) as a 2nd monitor for a ThinkPad laptop with Windows 10. I have it set to "Extend" and can see the desktop and task bar on the screen. When I open something on my laptop, it works just fine. When I try to open something on the monitor, it...