Windows 10: monitors dim out any video i watch.

Discus and support monitors dim out any video i watch. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ok so I have a 3 monitor set up. 2-22inch dell monitors and 1-27inch AOC monitor. if i try to watch a youtube video or a streamer on twitch the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Trevinni87, Apr 17, 2021.

1. monitors dim out any video i watch.

ok so I have a 3 monitor set up. 2-22inch dell monitors and 1-27inch AOC monitor. if i try to watch a youtube video or a streamer on twitch the screen darkens but only over the video player. the rest of the screen is nice and bright...why is this happening? and how do I fix it? monitors dim out any video i watch. 6123b8ca-0e9f-4eff-adea-eba694bdea3e?upload=true.png

:)

Trevinni87, Apr 17, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Problem watching videos

Hi Ara,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue, respond to the questions listed below:

• Were any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Does the issue persist on all sites?
    • Do the downloaded videos play fine?

Meanwhile you may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click on the video you’re watching.
    • Click on ‘Settings’.
    • On the first tab, make sure ‘Enable hardware acceleration’ box is unchecked.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 17, 2021
  4. jsjnorge Win User

monitors dim out any video i watch.

5800: Dim the screen when watching video on TV-out

To save the 5800's battery, I would like to dim the screen on the phone when watching a video using TV-out. Now it just displays the video controls and the name of the video. Turning on the keylock does turn of the screen, but with the unwanted effect
    of also pausing the video on the TV. Does anybody have a solution for my problem? I would be very grateful.

jsjnorge, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

monitors dim out any video i watch.

1. monitors dim out any video i watch. - Similar Threads - monitors dim video

2. Television Monitor changes when watching videos.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Television Monitor changes when watching videos.: I recently started using a television as a monitor for my computer, and found out that I couldn't fullscreen videos I had downloaded, or else it would change resolution (?). However, with other applications, it wasn't a problem, so I ignored it. Until today when I updated my...
  3. Computer freezes, monitors turns off and then they turn back on and any video im watching...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes, monitors turns off and then they turn back on and any video im watching...: Hi, The problem im experiecing is intermittent. It happens around once or twice a day, usually every time it occurs im watching a video, either on twitch or on youtube. The Problem My computer will freeze im unable to move the mouse, after 1 second, both monitors turn...
  4. Computer freezes, monitors turns off and then they turn back on and any video im watching...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer freezes, monitors turns off and then they turn back on and any video im watching...: Hi, The problem im experiecing is intermittent. It happens around once or twice a day, usually every time it occurs im watching a video, either on twitch or on youtube. The Problem My computer will freeze im unable to move the mouse, after 1 second, both monitors turn...
  5. Monitor screen dims when watching video on fullscreen using PotPlayer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor screen dims when watching video on fullscreen using PotPlayer: So whenever I watch a video on PotPlayer on fullscreen it auto dims after a few seconds.This problem doesn't occur on Windows 10 default media player. I really like this player compared to the default windows player so is there a solution I can fix this. Yes I also checked...
  6. Watching Video

Watching Video: I am having problems with loading Video Lectures from a on line college. It just started and I have had no problems in the past. A 30 min lecture use to play from start to finish without any stops to load. Now. its loads for 5 mins, plays for about 2 mins and then needs to...
  7. Why does the screen dim to a grey tone while watching any video if I am not actively...

Why does the screen dim to a grey tone while watching any video if I am not actively...: The colour dims to a slightly grey tone if I don't keep giving the laptop attention. I have searched all through settings and there's nothing to say why it does this. It's on full power and performance mode yet still acts as though it can't continually portray full colour for...
  8. Screen blacking out while watching videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen blacking out while watching videos: Hi . When watching videos on my laptop (hp envy x360) The screen continues to black out while the sound plays in the background. I am unsure whether it is a faulty driver or I need to update my laptop ? Hope you can help Thanks...
  9. Windows10 Freezes when I watch any Video

Windows10 Freezes when I watch any Video: Hi All, I have an HP laptop running Windows10 pro 64bit, I cant watch videos, I tried searching online and most solutions required watching a video so that was no good, one answer told me to change my visual c drivers I did that but it made no difference, I had no...
  10. Screen automatically dims when watching videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen automatically dims when watching videos: I have a Dell, and the screen dims depending on the colors on my screen. Example... I open a website whose home screen is dark colors, and my entire screen dims. I've tried to turn off night light, adaptive brightness... Nothing works. I want it off so I don't have to keep...