Windows 10: Monitors disabled in device manager

Discus and support Monitors disabled in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a tri-display setup with a Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti. Whenever Windows 10 goes to sleep and then turns back on, all 3 monitor profiles are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SteveW4, Dec 26, 2019.

1. SteveW4 Win User

Monitors disabled in device manager

Hi,

I have a tri-display setup with a Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti.

Whenever Windows 10 goes to sleep and then turns back on, all 3 monitor profiles are disabled.

Bit of a pain, because one of the monitor's gamma keeps getting reset.

Anyway to stop it from disabling my monitors? or at least re-enabled when it comes out of sleep and restore the gamma settings automatically?

I have Nvidia desktop app running so I assume the drivers are uptodate...

Here's a screenshot after I manually enabled the monitors again.

Monitors disabled in device manager b574c538-18a8-4a29-bee7-ed094e93be94?upload=true.jpg

:)

SteveW4, Dec 26, 2019
  2. PC-Myths Win User

I have multiple monitor's... since when??

I only have the one monitor listed there, which is obviously the one I'm using.

PC-Myths, Dec 26, 2019
  3. 3rd monitor doesn't connect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, kindly reply to the following questions.

1. Did you try setting up the cables again?

2. Did you try giving the recommended resolution and check if the monitor is detected?

I would suggest you to make sure that the monitors are connected to the correct video port.

However, you can go to the device manager and disable the monitor which is not working.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Monitors.
    • Right-click on the monitor and select Disable.
    • After sometime, try re-enabling it and check if the device gets detected.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 26, 2019
  4. camelia Win User

Old monitor in "Other Devices" but not in Device Manager?

Hello,

I can see my old monitor in "Other Devices" but is not listed in Device Manager, why is that?
    Do I still need its driver?

Thanks

Monitors disabled in device manager [​IMG]

Monitors disabled in device manager [​IMG]

camelia, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Monitors disabled in device manager - Similar Threads - Monitors disabled device

2. Monitors incorrectly identified as "Generic Monitors" in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors incorrectly identified as "Generic Monitors" in Device Manager: After cloning the C: drive in my Windows 10 computer Ryzen 7 5800X3D and RTX 3080 I installed the new SSD and a new RTX 4090. I then found that the Control Panel utility for setting up touchscreen monitors and the Settings utility for calibrating displays and touchscreens...
  3. Monitors incorrectly identified as "Generic Monitors" in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors incorrectly identified as "Generic Monitors" in Device Manager: After cloning the C: drive in my Windows 10 computer Ryzen 7 5800X3D and RTX 3080 I installed the new SSD and a new RTX 4090. I then found that the Control Panel utility for setting up touchscreen monitors and the Settings utility for calibrating displays and touchscreens...
  4. Power management / Disabling Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power management / Disabling Devices: Having a ridiculously annoying issue where a USB mouse on a laptop will turn itself off with power managementWHILE DEVICE IS IN USE. The temporary fix is to disable the power management but it continually turns itself off. we switched to Bluetooth devices due to the...
  5. Power management / Disabling Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power management / Disabling Devices: Having a ridiculously annoying issue where a USB mouse on a laptop will turn itself off with power managementWHILE DEVICE IS IN USE. The temporary fix is to disable the power management but it continually turns itself off. we switched to Bluetooth devices due to the...
  6. Accidentally Disabled: Generic PNP Monitor in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally Disabled: Generic PNP Monitor in Device Manager: Was trying to see if I can turn off the Generic PNP Monitor while remote desktop to conserve energy due to the screen never turns off even it was set to turn off after one min. Now my screen is black how do I get back the driver to enable it if I don't have it enabled? Should...
  7. device manager disable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    device manager disable: Hello, I have multiple microphones and speakers, it cause me some problems when connect to remote PC. I had disabled one microphone and one speaker in device manager, as shown in picture below : [ATTACH] but this not affecting anything, i still see the disabled devices...
  8. How to disable a device from device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable a device from device manager: Hi I was wondering if there's any way to hide and disable or delete altogether a device from showing up in device manager. Maybe a registry hack? submitted by /u/xdrdaniel [link] [comments]...
  9. Old monitor in "Other Devices" but not in Device Manager?

Old monitor in "Other Devices" but not in Device Manager?: Hello, I can see my old monitor in "Other Devices" but is not listed in Device Manager, why is that? Do I still need its driver? Thanks [img] [img] 116747
  10. Is there a problem disable these things in "Device Manager" ?

Is there a problem disable these things in "Device Manager" ?: What are they used for? Is it safe to disable these in "Device Manager" ? * High precision event timer (if you don't use it, if it is disabled in BIOS) * Programmable interrupt controller * System timer Link for tutorial: Ultimate Windows 7 (8) OS gaming optimization...