Windows 10: Monitors flickering when video chatting

Discus and support Monitors flickering when video chatting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I am currently on a video chat via Zoom for my job and my screens are flickering like crazy. It may stop for a few minutes but it is so bad that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chryssie24, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Monitors flickering when video chatting

Hello. I am currently on a video chat via Zoom for my job and my screens are flickering like crazy. It may stop for a few minutes but it is so bad that it is extremely distracting. This has been going on for a few months. Of course, it started after my warranty expired. I usually have to restart the PC multiple times. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for my monitors and that may help for a while but it always goes back to flickering. I'm also noticing when I'm typing or clicking on something, it will jump to another place on the computer and I have to click back to type again or wherever I was clicking prior. Please help!!!!!

Windows 10 Home

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor 3.20 GHz

Installed memory RAM: 16.0 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch is available for this Display

:)

Chryssie24, Nov 6, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Screen Flickering

Return that card for something else. I've heard of many issues with Asus Direct Cu 7970's. You could try finding a different monitor to see if your monitor is the problem, but I doubt it.

**I though you tried differnet cables. Buy a new cable and try it. Get a Dual Link DVI cable.

Here's a list.

1. Uninstall and reinstall video drivers.

2. Replace cable

3. Try different monitor

4. Try different video card

5. Replace video card.

If you can do any of the steps above, just skip to step #5.

erocker, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Kamaw Win User

Monitors flickering when video chatting

Monitor flickering when connected to HDMI

I have the Gaming Laptop Acer predator 15, here are the specs:

Monitors flickering when video chatting a17cd475-a5e8-4a86-8c91-2cd3ed48721b?upload=true.png

My issue is that when ever i connect my laptop to a monitor the screen flickers every few seconds or more often when I start a video, for example if I open a new video on YouTube, as soon as the video has loaded the screen flickerers
    2 to 3 times before the video starts. The cable and the monitor I use work fine if I use them with other pc.

I did try some suggestions like:

1. Check if your video card driver is updated as well as Windows update.
    2. Run Hardware troubleshooter by going to Control Panel
      > search Troubleshooting > click
      View All > Hardware and
      Devices.
    3. Use other HDMI cable if possible

but nothing work. I still have the same problem and I did try other monitor and other cable but nothing work.

Any suggestions i should try?

Thanks in advance Monitors flickering when video chatting :)

Kamaw, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Monitors flickering when video chatting

1. Monitors flickering when video chatting - Similar Threads - Monitors flickering video

2. How to switch devices when video chat in Messanger ? without turn off the video chat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch devices when video chat in Messanger ? without turn off the video chat: last month ago I was able to switch devices in messanger video call from phone to pc or pc to phone without disconnecting I just press the call button. I don't know that is official feature or notbut now I cannot do it anymore its say "he/she in another call", I tried...
  3. facebook video chat

in Windows 10 Customization
    facebook video chat: something happened in the last 2 weeks and now I can not make a video call at facebook messenger... I am using windows 10 with the latest feature update 21h1... when I open camera on my computer I can see myself... tried 2 browsers Edge and Chrome... when I click on camera...
  4. Dual Monitor flickering when extended

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor flickering when extended: So I have bought a PC in July 2020. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with a Radeon 5700 XT. And for some reason when I connect a second display and put it on extended mode it starts to flicker every second until I turn it off again. It works if I use Radeon Eyeinfinty or what ever...
  5. Dual monitor flickering when extended

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor flickering when extended: So I have bought a PC in July 2020. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with a Radeon 5700 XT. And for some reason when I connect a second display and put it on extended mode it starts to flicker every second until I turn it off again. It works if I use Radeon Eyeinfinty (or what ever...
  6. Skype Video Chatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype Video Chatting: Afternoon, folks. A couple of my students and I tried video chatting and it looked like the keystone kops. One time, we could see things nicely, and then another time, we couldn't get Skype to cooperate with us! I think we need help! 152746
  7. Monitor Flickering

Monitor Flickering: I've posted about this before, but this time I don't know what to do. My monitor flickers on fullscreen games and I don't know why. Everytime I restart my PC, it works fine, but then the next day it starts occurring again. Originally, I reinstalled my graphic drivers and...
  8. monitor flicker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    monitor flicker: I downloaded and installed Windows 10 within the last week. It worked fine for several days. Yesterday, the monitor began to flicker occasionally. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-flicker/3bfc65b4-870d-46b2-a4ae-d8b9ecc3c8e6
  9. Monitor flickering when TV is off

Monitor flickering when TV is off: Hi everybody, I have a problem of monitor flickering, I searched for hours and didn't find any solution, if somemone has one, it will be wonderfull. First, this is my setup : - GTX 980 with 1 DVI, 3 DisplayPort and 1 HDMI - GTX 980 connected to monitor ROG PG279Q via...
  10. Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.: My monitor keeps flickering for less than a sec every now and then. I'm currently using 2 monitors, 1 is 1980 x 1080 while another is 1280 x 880. I've tried the task manager, it doesn't affect TaskManager or any program. It only affects the desktop background, Document...