Windows 10: Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud

Discus and support Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks, Over the last two or three days my computer is doing this wierd thing where even just in Windows browsing the web the screens will go blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AtifAzim1995, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud

Hi folks,

Over the last two or three days my computer is doing this wierd thing where even just in Windows browsing the web the screens will go blank and the fans will start spinning very loud and fast as if on full power. It first happened while in the menu of the Battlefield V beta and i was tabbed out watching a YouTube video but now it seems to occur more frequently. When this happens i have to either press the reset button on my case or force shut down my PC to get it running again where the issue will then randomly occur at some point after logging in and doing some basic tasks.

This PC is a new and obly a two week old build and some online articles/ forum posts say it is a GPU issue but i don't see how as i had the same GPU in my old build and been using it for a year now with absolutely no issues. My specs are below:

Intel Core i7-8700k @ 3.5ghz (not OC'd)G.Skill Trident DDR4 RAM @3200mhzAsus Maximus X Hero Z370Gigabyte GTX1080 (Not sure if i did OC this, doubt it though)NZXT Kraken x52 AIO water cooler 250GB Samsung M.2 1TB WD HDD2TB Seagate HDD
    Corsair TX650M 80+ Gold Semi Modular 650w PSU

I'm not sure which fans exactly speed up whether if it's the case, cooler, GPU or all of them however my GPU has a feature in which if the fans are not running the words "fan stop" display on the top of the GPU, this was still on when the "blackout" happened and i saw that the fans were running anyways while the "fan stop" was still lit.

Idle temps are 25-30 degrees for the CPU and ~45 degrees for the GPU.

So far i've tried rolling back the driver which did not work, next i will try to reinstall all together. The PC seems to be running fine in safe mode as i'm writing this post in safe mode w/ networking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Atif

:)

AtifAzim1995, Sep 8, 2018
  2. nem8685 Win User

GPU Fans Spinning Loud during Shutdown

So lately maybe 1 out of 4 shutdown's the GPU fans will spin really loudly. I looked at the GPU fans and they are all good there is no dust, nothing damaged and everything seems to be ok. This is a newer pc build with the following components:

System Builder - FX-8320E 3.2GHz 8-Core, Radeon RX 460 4GB NITRO, SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker Canada

The fans start to spin loud right when the screen turns off... I am not sure what it is or if its normal or what so if anyone has any input that can help me?

nem8685, Sep 8, 2018
  3. arammah Win User
    My laptop fan is going crazy and won’t stop spinning

I have had my laptop for abour two years now and it has been working fine until about two weeks ago when the fan started making grinding noises and was on all the time. All of a sudden though my laptop fan started going crazy, it is loud and seems like it
    is spinning really fast. The laptop doesn’t seem to be heating up. I turned off my laptop and left it over night but the next morning when i turned on my laptop the fan starts spinning right away and it still makes the loud noise.

Model:

13-s020nr

arammah, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud

Computer Fan Speed Running Loud When Not In Use

Whenever my computer is not in use (but it is running) and my monitor goes to sleep, my computer's fan starts to run so loud. When I wake up the computer, by the time everything loads, the fan isn't loud anymore? I try to look at the task manager as fast
    as possible, but I am unable to see which process is causing the problem. I believe it's the process, system, that is causing it but I am unsure about it. Is there any way to fix this?

manavdubey, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud

1. Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud - Similar Threads - Monitors Black Fans

2. COMPUTER FANS SUDDENLY VERY LOUD, ON 100%, MONITOR GOES BLACK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COMPUTER FANS SUDDENLY VERY LOUD, ON 100%, MONITOR GOES BLACK: I have a 4070tiCore i9Prebuilt.My computer suddenly gets very loud, unusual type loud even when I'm gaming. Fans I assume are on 100%. My screen goes black, refuses to display anything. My HDMI is connected to the graphics card. This is a recent thing. Mind you, there is...
  3. COMPUTER FANS SUDDENLY VERY LOUD, ON 100%, MONITOR GOES BLACK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COMPUTER FANS SUDDENLY VERY LOUD, ON 100%, MONITOR GOES BLACK: I have a 4070tiCore i9Prebuilt.My computer suddenly gets very loud, unusual type loud even when I'm gaming. Fans I assume are on 100%. My screen goes black, refuses to display anything. My HDMI is connected to the graphics card. This is a recent thing. Mind you, there is...
  4. !HELP - Monitors go black and GPU fan go to 100%

!HELP - Monitors go black and GPU fan go to 100%: So has above-mentioned, during use, eventually after X amount of time, both monitors will go black but not show the no signal found and GPU fan go to 100%. GPU temperature at that moment are around 66 Celsius highest recorded temperature . I sent it for RMA and the...
  5. !HELP - Monitors go black and GPU fan go to 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    !HELP - Monitors go black and GPU fan go to 100%: So has above-mentioned, during use, eventually after X amount of time, both monitors will go black but not show the no signal found and GPU fan go to 100%. GPU temperature at that moment are around 66 Celsius highest recorded temperature . I sent it for RMA and the...
  6. Displays go black, fans spin up fast, have to hard reset PC with power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displays go black, fans spin up fast, have to hard reset PC with power button: It doesn't matter whether I am playing a video game or browsing the internet, at least once or twice a day I have this issue occur where my displays lose connection to my PC and go into power save mode, simultaneously the cooling fans and graphics card fans kick up really...
  7. Displays go black, fans spin up fast, have to hard reset PC with power button

Displays go black, fans spin up fast, have to hard reset PC with power button: It doesn't matter whether I am playing a video game or browsing the internet, at least once or twice a day I have this issue occur where my displays lose connection to my PC and go into power save mode, simultaneously the cooling fans and graphics card fans kick up really...
  8. Computer fans spin but black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer fans spin but black screen: my pc won't boot the fans spin but screen stays black no bootup sound no signal to screen i have already checked that everything is plugged in the right way I just shut down my pc and now I can't start it up...
  9. Computer fans spin but black screen

Computer fans spin but black screen: my pc won't boot the fans spin but screen stays black no bootup sound no signal to screen i have already checked that everything is plugged in the right way I just shut down my pc and now I can't start it up...
  10. Monitor suddenly go to sleep, GPU fans spin fast, have to shut down by press alt+F4 or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor suddenly go to sleep, GPU fans spin fast, have to shut down by press alt+F4 or...: Hello, I’m having this issue over the past few weeks. When I use my computer for few minutes, I keep facing the issue as per state in the subject. During play my screen shuts off as though it's been disconnected, and the fans on my GPU spin up fast and just keep going until...