Windows 10: Monitors go black but computer remains on

Discus and support Monitors go black but computer remains on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just had a problem where both my monitors went black all of a sudden, (this is not a cable/connection issue) I have been having similar problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by prizna, May 4, 2016.

1. prizna Win User

Monitors go black but computer remains on

I have just had a problem where both my monitors went black all of a sudden, (this is not a cable/connection issue) I have been having similar problems recently where I would get display driver driver crashes where my monitors would go off but then come back on, this time they remained off and I was forced to hit the restart button to reboot my PC.

Checking reliability manager I found this error timestamped at the time my monitors went to black:

Source

Summary
    LiveKernelEvent

Date
    ‎5/‎05/‎2016 11:19 AM

Status
    Not reported

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    Parameter 1: ffffe001da9cb4c0
    Parameter 2: fffff8011e9ee5a4

If anyone can help me understand this error it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

:)

prizna, May 4, 2016

2. Alt + Tab = Monitor goes into standby/power saving mode.

Does you monitor actually go into Stand-By mode, or does the screen just turn black?

Either way you can try updating the video drivers. (Drivers | GeForce)

If the monitor is on, but displaying a black screen; try hitting ALT + Enter instead of ALT + TAB.

Most games will then switch from Full Screen to running in a Window. That way you can whatever is you need to (f.ex. changing channels in TeamSpeak), then go back to full screen gaming with Another press of ALT + Enter.

And if you have access to, or can borrow another monitor, try connecting it to your computer to see if the issue remains.

Markus är här!, May 4, 2016
  3. Multiple monitors black screen with cursor

Hi,

I see the black screen at the login page. And after I blindly login the screen remain black. If the I hit Windows + P and select PC screen only the desktop show on my primary monitor. If now I go to nvidia control panel I can enable the second monitor, the
    third monitor is undetected.

Is possible that are some conflict between the nvidia and intel graphic card drivers?!

Flagellum Dei, May 4, 2016
Thema:

Monitors go black but computer remains on

1. Monitors go black but computer remains on - Similar Threads - Monitors black computer

2. Monitor going black on 144 hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor going black on 144 hz: Hey, i just bought a new PC with a 4070Ti gigabyte aero edition, when i connected it to my 2 monitors, 1 is 144 hz odyssey g5 and other one is 60, the 144 went completely black and the 60 one kept going on and off. i bought new cables the 144 hz is connected with 2.1 hdmi....
  3. Windows will not activate third Monitor. Remains black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not activate third Monitor. Remains black: Nvidia 4090 - Windows 11. Windows 11 recognizes the three monitors but will only activate two. When I turn off one monitor, the third monitor will come on. Windows is only allowing two monitors to be active at a time. I have tried everything including deleting the display...
  4. Windows will not activate third Monitor. Remains black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will not activate third Monitor. Remains black: Nvidia 4090 - Windows 11. Windows 11 recognizes the three monitors but will only activate two. When I turn off one monitor, the third monitor will come on. Windows is only allowing two monitors to be active at a time. I have tried everything including deleting the display...
  5. HDMI Monitor keeps going black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Monitor keeps going black: My monitor is going black but it's not my computer giving a black screen, my second monitor is working and I can clearly see my computer is fine. My monitor is also indicating that it has power and it is not going to sleep, the light that displays when the monitor is actively...
  6. External monitor going black

External monitor going black: I have a laptop with a damaged screen, so I started using a flat screen TV as a monitor connected with an HDMI cable. I actually have 2 different Dynex flat screens. Both used to work fine. Now one the larger, newer one will display for a short period then go black. The...
  7. Monitors go black - Bugcheck 0x00000113

Monitors go black - Bugcheck 0x00000113: Hi, I formatted my computer around a month ago, without changing any component in the system. Since that moment I keep getting this weird error where while playing most of the time or while lightly using my pc, my 2 monitors both go black and the pc become unresponsive, so...
  8. Monitor go brown and then black

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor go brown and then black: Sometimes when Im playing games the monitor starts blinking from brown to black and then I can't do anything unless turn it off from the power button! Any suggestions what can be? submitted by /u/HB209 [link] [comments]...
  9. Monitor going black for few seconds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor going black for few seconds: I have a Dell SE2416H external monitor going black for a few seconds. This will happen 3 or 4 time within 5 minutes and not again for a one or two hours. I have a Dell Laptop 15-5567 connected with a Moread MDMI adapter. I am not even sure how to troubleshoot this. ANY help?...
  10. Monitor going black for few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor going black for few seconds: I have a Dell SE2416H external monitor going black for a few seconds. This will happen 3 or 4 time within 5 minutes and not again for a one or two hours. I have a Dell Laptop 15-5567 connected with a Moread MDMI adapter. I am not even sure how to troubleshoot this. ANY help?...