Windows 10: Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep

Discus and support Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've set my monitors to never sleep yet they do so on an irregular basis. They can go weeks w/o sleeping yet today they went to sleep twice in less... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stiofan63, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep

I've set my monitors to never sleep yet they do so on an irregular basis. They can go weeks w/o sleeping yet today they went to sleep twice in less than a 1/2 hour. I just double checked my settings and they are still set to never sleep. I did just start using Helios Display Management to switch from triple screen to 3 individual screens as the Nvidia method is super cludgy.

Any ideas on what I might have set wrong or how to address this issue? I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

submitted by /u/Stiofan63
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Stiofan63, Mar 22, 2020

2. HP monitor keeps going to sleep

Hi Ruth,

Incorrect power settings or options can cause your computer's monitor to constantly go to sleep. For us to properly isolate your case, provide more information by answering these questions:

• Which Windows version/build are you using?
    • Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Do you also remember changing or modifying your monitor's default settings?
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Let us know these details so we can move forward to rectifying your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 22, 2020
  3. PC showing message on monitor "Going to Sleep"

It sounds as if your Power Plan Settings are configured incorrectly.

Check your Power Plan Settings.

Go to Start Orb.

Type in > Choose a Power Plan.

Select it to open.

What Plan is this set to ???

1. Balanced.
    2. Power Saver.
    3. High Performance.
    What are YOUR settings in regards to the Minutes or Hours set beside :

1. Turn off the Display ??? .................... ** Minutes.
    2. Put the Computer to Sleep ??? ..... ** Minutes.
    Check ( review your sleep settings in power options ).

Go to the Start Orb.

Type in > sleep.

Select > change when your computer sleeps.

Click on the Tab > Put the Computer to Sleep and change the time.

Ten click > Save changes.

You can reset this to Default by the blue link that states > Restore default settings for this plan.

OR :

Select > Change Advanced Power Settings and open it.

Scroll down to Sleep.

Expand the setting by clicking on the plus ( + ) symbol.

Click on the > Setting.

Select a time in Minutes.

Click > Apply and then OK to save.

You can also restore plan Defaults by clicking on the ( Restore Plan defaults Tab ).

Frank N St31n, Mar 22, 2020
  4. trparky Win User

Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep

Monitors won't go to sleep... Why?

So I tried the "nircmd.exe monitor off" command it did indeed work so we know it can go to sleep but it's still not putting the monitors to sleep automatically as per the Power Profile Settings.

trparky, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep

1. Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep - Similar Threads - Monitors going sleep

2. Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.: I feel like I've tried everything I've seen online for ways to fix this and nothing has worked. Randomly a few days ago it was working as intended, but now it is back to not operating correctly. I have no idea what to do.......
  3. Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.: I feel like I've tried everything I've seen online for ways to fix this and nothing has worked. Randomly a few days ago it was working as intended, but now it is back to not operating correctly. I have no idea what to do.......
  4. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep: Hello,same question as ; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displayport-monitor-never-goes-to-sleep/a992a91a-9aa8-4e4b-a65e-b906200649eaThe original answer by microsoft team is not usefull only 1 positive vote and 53 other people has the same problem so...
  5. Monitors not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors not going to sleep: I have managed to find out why my monitors are not going to sleep by running powercfg /requestsC:\Users\Clayton>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exeHow do I fix this?...
  6. Monitors not going to sleep

Monitors not going to sleep: I have managed to find out why my monitors are not going to sleep by running powercfg /requestsC:\Users\Clayton>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exeHow do I fix this?...
  7. Monitor going to sleep

Monitor going to sleep: Hey,I've a problem with here. When i connect my HP monitor to acer Aspire v5 using a VGA cable,the monitor goes to sleep and when i disconnect it,it wakes up saying checking for video cables...
  8. Monitor going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor going to sleep: Hey,I've a problem with here. When i connect my HP monitor to acer Aspire v5 using a VGA cable,the monitor goes to sleep and when i disconnect it,it wakes up saying checking for video cables...
  9. Monitor going to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Cannot go to Sleep (S3) or even sleep the monitor for Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot go to Sleep (S3) or even sleep the monitor for Win 10: I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 on the 29th. At that time my system would go to standby sleep without and issue. Since the big day, I can only get it to sleep by using the sleep option on the shut down or sign out drop down. I have reinstalled my graphics card drivers. I have also...