Windows 10: Monitors Native Resolution

Discus and support Monitors Native Resolution in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to change my monitors Native resolution within windows. I know how to change the resolution through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CadenHabner, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Monitors Native Resolution

Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to change my monitors Native resolution within windows. I know how to change the resolution through the windows settings, but its doesn't change it the way I want it to. The NVIDIA program DSR will upscale your native resolution by whatever magnitude you specify, and then downscale to your native resolution. If I change my resolution through windows or even NVIDIA control panel, DSR still upscales from 4k. Is there a way I can make windows think im using a 1080p or 1440p monitor?

:)

CadenHabner, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Albinrad Win User

Monitor not showing 1080p display as native resolution

So I have lg tv +monitor and my graphics card is gtx 1050 ti but the problem is my monitor is not showing 1080p display as native it is showing 720p as native resolution and my monitor is 1080p capable Please help me anyone ASAP.

Albinrad, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Windows 10 doesn't show native display for second monitor

Hi,

In order to for your Windows 10 to show the native display for the second monitor, you may revert all screen settings back to default, and see if this resolves the issue. If it doesn't, you may try these steps:

• Press Windows key + P.
    • If your monitor settings is on Duplicate, try choosing
      Extend
    • If your monitor settings is on Extend try choosing the
      Duplicate
    • Check the resolution if both monitors are showing the same resolution value.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Insane Win User

Monitors Native Resolution

Monitor not displaying native resolution

The answer is the monitor.

The answer most likely is the monitor.

As some suggested, the monitor itself was just dying. I bought the exact same monitor new and replaced the one not displaying the native resolution (without changing any cables or connections).

Instantly, it showed the correct resolution.

While I'm not sure what caused this, I know the cause is the monitor itself.

If anyone can give an answer which explains what part of a monitor's hardware would and can cause this to happen, I'll change my accepted answer to theirs.

Insane, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Monitors Native Resolution

1. Monitors Native Resolution - Similar Threads - Monitors Native Resolution

2. Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?: Hi all, I know this is a question for NVIDIA and/or Acer, but I wanted to get some feedback/ideas from here as well. I have an Acer monitor and an RTX 3060. Today, I installed the latest NVIDIA driver 528.02 and noticed a few things: alt-tabbing from one window to another...
  3. Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?: Hi all, I know this is a question for NVIDIA and/or Acer, but I wanted to get some feedback/ideas from here as well. I have an Acer monitor and an RTX 3060. Today, I installed the latest NVIDIA driver 528.02 and noticed a few things: alt-tabbing from one window to another...
  4. Monitors Native Resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors Native Resolution: Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to change my monitors Native resolution within windows. I know how to change the resolution through the windows settings, but its doesn't change it the way I want it to. The NVIDIA program DSR will upscale your native resolution by...
  5. Monitors Native Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitors Native Resolution: Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to change my monitors Native resolution within windows. I know how to change the resolution through the windows settings, but its doesn't change it the way I want it to. The NVIDIA program DSR will upscale your native resolution by...
  6. External monitor won't display native resolution (LAPTOP)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor won't display native resolution (LAPTOP): Hi, Firstly, this is my first post so apologies if this has been asked/addressed before (I have searched but to no avail)... Some specs: Dell Precision 7520 Laptop Windows 10 Pro Intel Core i7-7820HQ (4 Core), 2.9 GHz (3.9 GHz Max Turbo) 32 GB (2x 16 GB), DDR 4, 2400 MHz Ram...
  7. External monitor won't display native resolution (LAPTOP)

in Windows 10 Support
    External monitor won't display native resolution (LAPTOP): Hi, Firstly, this is my first post so apologies if this has been asked/addressed before (I have searched but to no avail)... The problem: I recently bought an external monitor (ACER KG271G Full HD 27" IPS LED Monitor). When connected to my laptop, the only display resolution...
  8. Using a Surface Go as a secondary monitor, there is no option for the native resolution of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using a Surface Go as a secondary monitor, there is no option for the native resolution of...: I'm using the Surface Go as a secondary monitor using Windows' Project to this PC feature and it works, but I'm not able to set the native resolution of the panel: 1800x1200. I can set any resolution, smaller or bigger, but because that resolution is not standard, there isn't...
  9. wrong native resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    wrong native resolution: After i formatted pc, i have wrong native resolution in win 10. before formatting everything is good. I have already updated drivers too. I have done everything i could already but nothing works. native resolution is stuck in 1024 x 768 when its supposed to be 1366 x 768 158679
  10. wrong native resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    wrong native resolution: After i formatted pc, i have wrong native resolution in win 10. before formatting everything is good. I have already updated drivers too. I have done everything i could already but nothing works. native resolution is stuck in 1024 x 768 when its supposed to be 1366 x 768 158679