Windows 10: Monitors not detected

Discus and support Monitors not detected in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just bought a new Dell Inspiron running Windows 11. I have two older Dell monitors and am getting the "We couldn't find another display" message when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Susan LLL, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Susan LLL Win User

Monitors not detected

I just bought a new Dell Inspiron running Windows 11. I have two older Dell monitors and am getting the "We couldn't find another display" message when I try to get my laptop to detect. All drivers are up to date. The monitors have displayport cables and the laptop HDMI, so I am using a multi-monitor adaptor. Monitor setting say that there is no signal coming from the computer. What am I missing?

:)

Susan LLL, Apr 21, 2024

2. windows 11 cannot detect my second monitor

Windows 11 cannot detect my second monitor. Help. I did all the suggested troubleshooting steps but nothing seems to work.

Janet Brandares, Apr 21, 2024
  3. Second monitor not detected

Hello,

May we know if you've already tried the suggestion provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on this

thread
    ?

If Windows can't detect your second monitor, it's usually a driver problem. It could be due to your video driver being outdated, incorrect or faulty. It's also possible that your monitor driver is causing the problem.

Since the issue occurred after the latest update, it's possible that the video or monitor drivers require an update. Try looking for the updated version of the drivers on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to roll back the drivers to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your device driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Apr 21, 2024
  4. Monitors not detected

Help! Both external monitors not detecting

Please follow below steps to resolve the message by switching the input source to HDMI: 1. Press "Menu" hotkey on the monitor to enter OSD. 2. Switch the input source to HDMI on OSD in one of the following ways:
    • Go to Display > Input > HDMI.
    • Go to System > HDMI Auto Switch > On.

FreeBooter, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

Monitors not detected

1. Monitors not detected - Similar Threads - Monitors detected

2. PC won't detect my second monitor that was working fine just at 2AM this morning. Any help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't detect my second monitor that was working fine just at 2AM this morning. Any help?: I have tried connecting different ports, different cables, reinstalling drivers for both display and graphics card, force detecting, rolling back display drivers update, and nothing. My monitor isn't the problem; I have been able to use it to connect other computers. I've...
  3. PC won't detect my second monitor that was working fine just at 2AM this morning. Any help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't detect my second monitor that was working fine just at 2AM this morning. Any help?: I have tried connecting different ports, different cables, reinstalling drivers for both display and graphics card, force detecting, rolling back display drivers update, and nothing. My monitor isn't the problem; I have been able to use it to connect other computers. I've...
  4. Windows 11 doesn't detect 3rd monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't detect 3rd monitor.: I have built a new machine. I have dual boot options. One ssd Drive has windows 10 and all 3 monitors work perfectly fine. On the M.2 drive I have installed windows 11. Windows 11 however will only detect 2 of the 3 monitors. I know it's not a graphics card issue since all 3...
  5. Windows 11 doesn't detect 3rd monitor.

Windows 11 doesn't detect 3rd monitor.: I have built a new machine. I have dual boot options. One ssd Drive has windows 10 and all 3 monitors work perfectly fine. On the M.2 drive I have installed windows 11. Windows 11 however will only detect 2 of the 3 monitors. I know it's not a graphics card issue since all 3...
  6. After power outage second monitor won't detect signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After power outage second monitor won't detect signal.: After the power outage i turned my pc on and only my main monitor is working. I tried pretty much everything and nothing works. The second monitor is quite older and my pc is a bit newer so i had to use VGA to DisplayPort converter and it was working fine for over a year. The...
  7. After power outage second monitor won't detect signal.

After power outage second monitor won't detect signal.: After the power outage i turned my pc on and only my main monitor is working. I tried pretty much everything and nothing works. The second monitor is quite older and my pc is a bit newer so i had to use VGA to DisplayPort converter and it was working fine for over a year. The...
  8. Monitor Speakers Are Not Detected On My System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Speakers Are Not Detected On My System: Hi, am running Windows 11 on a Lenovo Legion Desktop PC. The system has stopped recognising the monitor speakers connected via HDMI. Any suggestions?...
  9. Monitor Speakers Are Not Detected On My System

Monitor Speakers Are Not Detected On My System: Hi, am running Windows 11 on a Lenovo Legion Desktop PC. The system has stopped recognising the monitor speakers connected via HDMI. Any suggestions?...
  10. Windows doesn't detect main monitor after turning PC on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows doesn't detect main monitor after turning PC on: I have Windows 10 Pro1st monitor is HP M27fd FHD, connected with VGA 2nd monitor is BenQ GW2470, connected with HDMI When I start my computer with both monitors connected, the computer will only show BenQ monitor, even though HP one is connected and the monitor shows that its...