Windows 10: Monitors not functioning properly

Discus and support Monitors not functioning properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been fighting with the display drivers since Windows updated with the 20H2 build on April 4. Since then the resolution on one of my two monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GreenRiverGuy, May 12, 2021.

1. Monitors not functioning properly

I have been fighting with the display drivers since Windows updated with the 20H2 build on April 4. Since then the resolution on one of my two monitors has been off — too wide, poor quality — and I can't get it to recognize the second monitor at all. I'm connected using VGA plugs. Checking and discovering that there are no longer drivers available for the 10-year-old Acer monitor I had, I bought a new one Philips 226E9Q, but even with the new cords, it is not recognizing the native resolution and defaults to settings that are not right. In the device manager, Microsoft Re

:)

GreenRiverGuy, May 12, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 12, 2021
  3. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, May 12, 2021
  4. Monitors not functioning properly

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Monitors not functioning properly

1. Monitors not functioning properly - Similar Threads - Monitors functioning properly

2. F11 not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F11 not functioning properly: Hi all, I only noticed it last night but whenever I'm in an application like edge or chrome, and press f11 to go fullscreen, it doesn't work. It instead opens a right-click menu i.e. with "emoji", "cut", "copy", "paste" and focuses on the url bar. When I press f11 outside of...
  3. F11 not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F11 not functioning properly: Hi all, I only noticed it last night but whenever I'm in an application like edge or chrome, and press f11 to go fullscreen, it doesn't work. It instead opens a right-click menu i.e. with "emoji", "cut", "copy", "paste" and focuses on the url bar. When I press f11 outside of...
  4. Pc not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc not functioning properly: After resetting my pc due to it being too slow , it takes around 10 minutes for it to "Prepare windows" , the taskbar is missing , except for desktop and this pc , files like download , videos , pictures is gone. The wallpaper is gone too. If I try to open settings it says...
  5. Pc not functioning properly

Pc not functioning properly: After resetting my pc due to it being too slow , it takes around 10 minutes for it to "Prepare windows" , the taskbar is missing , except for desktop and this pc , files like download , videos , pictures is gone. The wallpaper is gone too. If I try to open settings it says...
  6. Search not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search not functioning properly: when one searches for a file on the desktop no results are found except when srarching 'documents' , Windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-not-functioning-properly/9129fb04-9062-40a4-b8b5-6c700d909ada"
  7. PC not functioning properly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC not functioning properly.: Possibly corrupted files in my PC. As a result certain programs are deleted I guess they are considered to conflict with other programs. One program that is checking for malware is in competition with the other. Mainly my PC needs to be repaired through an outside vendor...
  8. Oulook Not Functioning Properly - No

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Oulook Not Functioning Properly - No: Outlook suddenly started misbehaving and would not start at all. First error message:... [img] Nothing I could do to get rid of it, so eventually uninstalled Office 365 and reinstalledfrom scratch. ((NOT actually from scratch, since when the new installation was...
  9. Homegroup not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup not functioning properly: I have four PCs in my home network, plus a ReadyNAS Duo and a Samsung Laser Printer:PC 1 – Custom build server running Windows 10 Pro. Ethernet connection.PC 2 – Custom build desktop running Windows 10 Home. Ethernet connection.PC 3 – Samsung laptop running Windows 10 Pro....
  10. Apps not functioning properly

Apps not functioning properly: Hey guys! I've been a W10 user for the past half year or so, and I must say that I've had pretty good experiences with it. I used it on my cheap desktop, and on my old Asus T100 as a laptop tablet hybrid. But, I got rid of both, and I got myself a second hand Lenovo ThinkPad...