Windows 10: Monitors reversed

Discus and support Monitors reversed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday my dual monitors were working perfectly, monitor 1 (Older, smaller, dvi connection) was on the left, 2 (Newer, larger, dp connection) on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BernhardtMoore, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Monitors reversed

Yesterday my dual monitors were working perfectly, monitor 1 (Older, smaller, dvi connection) was on the left, 2 (Newer, larger, dp connection) on the right. Somehow while making adjustments on the "Display" window the order was reversed, and 1 is now on the right. I have tried dozens of times to reconfigure them back by pushing around the icons in the box at the top of the "Display" window, all to no avail. I have read every suggestion for curatives all to no avail. I suspect I have overlooked some little click or sequence that will correct this. The cursor entering on the wrong side is a little maddening. Pleas help.

Bernie

:)

BernhardtMoore, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Monitors reversed

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Monitors reversed

1. Monitors reversed - Similar Threads - Monitors reversed

2. Screensaver Issue for Dual Monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver Issue for Dual Monitor setup: After a bit of research, I figured out what was happening. I wanted for my "Photos" screensaver to show up on my primary monitor. Here's what happened: On my left is a 27" 1080p monitor; and right in front of me is a 32" 1440p monitor. Upon selecting the screensaver...
  3. Second monitor is frozen, but I can still move my mouse around.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor is frozen, but I can still move my mouse around.: I have noticed a new issue where my second display is frozen, however I can still see my desktop and move my mouse around, but I am unable to click, drag any windows, or do anything. So all I see is my desktop and taskbar and my mouse moving but nothing else moves. If I drag...
  4. Open Shell 4.4.131 only works on primary monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Shell 4.4.131 only works on primary monitor: Figured I would move up to Open Shell today, however on my dual monitor setup it only works on the primary monitor and I get the native win10 v1809 start menu on monitor number 2. I'm using Actual Multiple Monitors as well. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm back on Classic...
  5. Get screensavers on two monitors with photo slideshow

Get screensavers on two monitors with photo slideshow: Hello there, I would like to change my screensaver to a selection of photos on my computer. This is no problem at first, but when I leave my PC for a bit, the screensaver only shows on my primary monitor. The other one is just black. I would like the images to appear on...
  6. Estoy tratando de conectar mi computadora portátil Aspire al monitor externo usando el VGA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Estoy tratando de conectar mi computadora portátil Aspire al monitor externo usando el VGA: Estoy tratando de conectar mi computadora portátil Aspire al monitor externo usando el VGA. Pero el monitor muestra la pantalla de mi computadora portátil solo por un segundo y luego se vuelve negra....
  7. Monitor turns black after one second

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor turns black after one second: Hey there, Not sure if this is graphics card related, but it might, so here we go... After long years of being able to successfully troubleshoot most problems myself, I´ve hit a dead end with this one: Recently my secondary monitor stopped working in a weird way: After...
  8. ALPS set mouse monitor error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ALPS set mouse monitor error: Hi guys, There was an obsolete thread which were 2 post posted 1-2 years ago about the ALPS_set mouse monitor error!! People responded by running a 'Hardware and Devices' troubleshooting step which does not work anymore because Windows has removed it. The second one...
  9. Screen Has Weird Overlay Due To What I Think Was Monitor Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Has Weird Overlay Due To What I Think Was Monitor Failure: Hello, today I was using my wmr and I had what i think was monitor failure (my laptop screen) as my screen went to a black and white screen. I heard this is caused by high cpu usage, but that isn't my problem. Now when my screen went back to its normal state (wasn't using...
  10. Monitors reversed

Monitors reversed: Yesterday my dual monitors were working perfectly, monitor 1 (Older, smaller, dvi connection) was on the left, 2 (Newer, larger, dp connection) on the right. Somehow while making adjustments on the "Display" window the order was reversed, and 1 is now on the right. I have...