Windows 10: Monitors Standby Timeout Limited to 30minutes or less.

Discus and support Monitors Standby Timeout Limited to 30minutes or less. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The issue I have is my Monitor Standby period is limited to 30mins max. If I set it to a higher timeout period it will just keep running my screensaver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Felix77, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Felix77 Win User

Monitors Standby Timeout Limited to 30minutes or less.

The issue I have is my Monitor Standby period is limited to 30mins max. If I set it to a higher timeout period it will just keep running my screensaver perpetually....monitors do not enter standby. Any timeout for standby 30minutes or less and this issue is not present. Monitors will enter standby ok when they should.

My system specs are:

Computer type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: MSI
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core AM4 Processor
    Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION MOBO
    Memory: G.Skill RAM, F4-3600C16D-32GTZR, 32GB
    Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Duke OC 11GB
    Monitors are: Samsung 32inch Odyssey G7 & Dell UltraSharp U2713H 27 Inch
    Browser: Google Chrome
    Antivirus: Kaspersky AV

Thanks

:)

Felix77, Jan 6, 2021
  2. PaulL82 Win User

Monitors don't turn on after lock screen timeout

I have an ASUS M32 desktop (not all in one, specs below) with a dual monitor setup. I just bought the computer 2 days ago and it came with Windows 8.1. I decided to switch to Windows 10 so I did the update via download and install (meaning I did not create
    disks). Since the update when the monitors go into standby (not the PC itself) after I lock the PC and the timeout kicks in, I can wake the monitors but all I see is a blank grey screen. No matter how many buttons I press I cannot get the monitors to show
    anything. I have updated all drivers and I can't figure why this would happen because it doesn't when waking up from the PC in standby mode. I know most are going to say disable the monitors from going into standby but I shouldn't have to do that with a brand
    new computer. Any suggestions?

• Processor Brand
      AMD

• Processor Model
      AMD FX-Series

• Wireless Networking
      Wireless-AC

• Hard Drive Type
      SATA

• Hard Drive Capacity
      2000 gigabytes

• System Memory (RAM)
      8 gigabytes

• Video Memory Type
      Dedicated

• Graphics Type
      Discrete

• Graphics Processing Unit/GPU
      AMD

• Graphics Card
      AMD Radeon R7 240

• Video Memory
      2000 megabytes

PaulL82, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Monitors Standby Timeout Limited to 30minutes or less. - Similar Threads - Monitors Standby Timeout

2. is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory: standby memory has been an issue for a long time, as far as I can tell Microsoft is just using it to cover up memory leaks.is there any way to clear it without rebooting? or at least limit it so it'll only take up at most half my free memory?...
  3. is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory: standby memory has been an issue for a long time, as far as I can tell Microsoft is just using it to cover up memory leaks.is there any way to clear it without rebooting? or at least limit it so it'll only take up at most half my free memory?...
  4. is there a way to limit or dissable standby memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to disable connected standby triggered by idle timeout?

How to disable connected standby triggered by idle timeout?: My laptop would go into connected standby mode after some time Event ID 506. Normally this would not be a problem, but it sometimes does this when my laptop is doing some real work like rendering and the system would enter the said connected standby mode which might cause a...
  6. Monitor timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor timeout: How can I Stop Windows 11 From Turning Off my screen for specifc program?thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-timeout/2d5a4d51-a7c4-485e-8678-20b9c94960e3
  7. Monitor timeout

Monitor timeout: How can I Stop Windows 11 From Turning Off my screen for specifc program?thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-timeout/2d5a4d51-a7c4-485e-8678-20b9c94960e3
  8. Monitor Not Going To Standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Not Going To Standby: Hello,I had this issue with Windows 10 it was randomly working sometimes not. I upgraded to win 11 still the same. It's a fresh install. I contacted MSI they weren't able to help. said it was a windows issue.Now, before suggesting me basic troubleshooting steps. I have been...
  9. Monitor Not Going To Standby

Monitor Not Going To Standby: Hello,I had this issue with Windows 10 it was randomly working sometimes not. I upgraded to win 11 still the same. It's a fresh install. I contacted MSI they weren't able to help. said it was a windows issue.Now, before suggesting me basic troubleshooting steps. I have been...
  10. Monitors Standby Timeout Limited to 30 minutes or less

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitors Standby Timeout Limited to 30 minutes or less: The issue I have is my Monitor Standby period is limited to 30mins max. If I set it to a higher timeout period it will just keep running my screensaver perpetually....monitors do not enter standby. Any timeout for standby 30minutes or less and this issue is not present....