Windows 10: Monitors stay black

Discus and support Monitors stay black in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, today I tried to turn on my PC, but all 3 of my monitors remained black and did not show anything. My System: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 WRAITH 3600 AM4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Rockwood103, May 4, 2021.

1. Monitors stay black

Hello, today I tried to turn on my PC, but all 3 of my monitors remained black and did not show anything. My System: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 WRAITH 3600 AM4 Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING B450 D416GB 3200-16-18-18 Ripjaws V K2 GSK SSD 500GB 2.3/3.4G 970 EVO PCIe M.2 SAM Tt TR2 S 700W ATX23 EVGA 8GB D6 RTX 3060 Ti FTW3 ULTRA Windows 10 Pro Monitors: AOC 27G2U 27 Acer b223wl Asus VS247HR What I tried so far: Plug in every monitor individually tried hdmi and displayports removed the graphic card and tried it with the on board graphic tried each ram individually none of these things worked. Something else worth mentioning, the motherboard has 4 LED's indicating problems and the green one of them stays lit - green meets "boot". Does anyone has any idead? (also, maybe that is relevant, 2 weeks ago I had blue screens while installing windows - those could be fixed with a bios update, the thread for this is here: Several BSOD during Win10 installation)

:)

Rockwood103, May 4, 2021
  2. koolking Win User

Monitor screen turned black and has stayed black for about 30 minutes

I did exactly as you said--EXACTLY!!! I uninstalled the driver as you said to. I deleted the driver for "this device"--exactly as you said to...!!!

My monitor screen turned black and has stayed black for about 30 minutes now as I write this (from my laptop).

I even tried to boot off the DVD I made from the Win 10 ISO file but it wouldn't boot off of it.

What do l do now????????!!!!!!!!!

RS

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums.

I would appreciate, if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

What is the make and model of your system?

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Graphic card drivers and check.

Uninstall and re-install the Graphic card device driver

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Go to Display adaptor and expand it and you would see the Graphics Card device, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”.

d) On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

e) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, go to the Device Manager again by following the steps mentioned above and then click on the “Scan for hardware changes” button. Check if Windows detects the Graphics Card device and installs an appropriate driver automatically.

If it doesn’t install the driver, I would suggest you to go to the manufacture website and install the latest graphic card drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Changing the title

Old title – Message for Ashish Sondhi

New title- Monitor screen turned black and has stayed black for about 30 minutes

koolking, May 4, 2021
  3. WRAllen Win User
    Black screen /Monitor

Windows 10 update for 11/14/ made my monitor screen darker than usual when it comes on and that is for about 30 seconds at a time then it goes black. I have to keep turning the monitor off and on; the computer stays on the entire time. I tried setting
    the system back to an earlier time and other suggestions on your page but nothing works.

WRAllen, May 4, 2021
  4. Monitors stay black

second monitor on windows 10 laptop will not stay on

Display car driver is not listed in programs. (Step 2)

The drive was successfully updated (Step 1): NO JOY. The monitor still will not remain ON.

kaylieantoinette, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Monitors stay black

1. Monitors stay black - Similar Threads - Monitors stay black

2. PC black screen flickering and staying black sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC black screen flickering and staying black sometimes: questions for friends pc his screen keeps flickering black and sometimes stay black while gaming and staying idle he has 16gb ram updated drivers sometimes would stop for a little if hertz were changed lower has 165hz monitor...
  3. PC black screen flickering and staying black sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC black screen flickering and staying black sometimes: questions for friends pc his screen keeps flickering black and sometimes stay black while gaming and staying idle he has 16gb ram updated drivers sometimes would stop for a little if hertz were changed lower has 165hz monitor...
  4. multi monitor issue - screen staying black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    multi monitor issue - screen staying black: So I have 2 monitors connected to an rtx 2070, one via hdmi (4k) and 1 via displayport (1440p). I mirror the screens so both display the same content. This usually works, however for reasons I can not isolate one or both monitors show only black screens sometimes at random....
  5. Extended monitor stays black after coming out of sleep, power on or hibernation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extended monitor stays black after coming out of sleep, power on or hibernation.: Hi, I have two monitors connected to my laptop. One is connected directly to the laptop’s VGA port. The Second one is connected to the USB 3.0 port via a USB 3.0 to VGA adapter. They were working fine before until about two months ago. Now when I turn on the laptop, the...
  6. Monitor won't stay asleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't stay asleep: Recent convert from win7pro to win10pro (v1909). Sleep settings in win7 were 30min for monitor and never for PC. Worked fine for yrs. Monitor now wakes up spontaneously about 10sec after sleep. Monitor is 32" HDMI via docking station to Dell M6800 laptop. Laptop display when...
  7. Monitors sometimes stay black when turned off and on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitors sometimes stay black when turned off and on: I keep my PC on 24/7, and at night I turn my monitors off by pressing the button on the bottom of their frame. I have two monitors, which have a 59 hz and 60 hz refresh rate, and different resolutions. I have had these monitors for over a year or two, and no problem, but...
  8. The Lockscreen stays Black and Unresponsive!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Lockscreen stays Black and Unresponsive!!!: The lockscreen just stays black whenever this occurs : 1. Manual Locking (WIN + L) 2. Sign Out 3. After Successful Shutdown's If i force shutdown, and start it, lockscreen works fine. but it goes to black state after sign in. The things i tried to fix it!! 1. Graphics...
  9. Monitors blacking out randomly, and staying blacked out until I restart PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors blacking out randomly, and staying blacked out until I restart PC.: I typically think of myself as a pretty informed/smart person when it comes to computers, their insides, and programming. I can't for the life of me though, figure out this issue that I'm having with my desktop. Occasionally (nothing triggers it, because it's always at a...
  10. Monitor Display Not Staying Off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Display Not Staying Off: I have an x-box controller that I plug into my computer to play games, but ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, the display will not stay off. I did a clean install, erasing all of my programs and drivers. I've tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting the computer, I've...