Windows 10: Monitors suddenly loosing connection and switching into standby mode.

Discus and support Monitors suddenly loosing connection and switching into standby mode. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I've ran into an issue with my setup. Sometimes when I'm gaming, both my monitors go black and switch to standby mode. The signal from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by lokito50, Nov 18, 2020.

1. lokito50 Win User

Monitors suddenly loosing connection and switching into standby mode.

Hello,

Recently I've ran into an issue with my setup. Sometimes when I'm gaming, both my monitors go black and switch to standby mode. The signal from the GPU is totally lost. I can still hear audio and the PC is still running fine but no matter what I do, it doesn't bring back the signal unless I press the reset button.

I have two monitors running right now, an Asus ROG swift PG279Q connected via DP, and an old Acer X223W beside it in portrait mode connected with a displayport to dvi 10feet cable. I have tried the following, connecting and disconnecting both monitors after the screens go black, connecting and disconnecting a single monitor, cleaned the drivers with display driver uninstaller in safe mode and installing new drivers, I've set the refresh rate to 60Hz on both so they are the same, set different refresh rates in the Asus(the acer can only do 60hz and 1680x1050 resolution). All of this to no avail. I've also made sure the power cables are well connected to the GPU and I am running one cable per connector from the PSU.

At this point I don't know how to further troubleshoot it, if someone can help me maybe if I can get some system logs or something that would be greatly appreciated. The only other thing I can think of is just going back to running my Asus monitor alone or buy a newer 22inch monitor to replace the Acer(it was gifted, so it's old) and see if that makes the problem go away. Ideally I want to run both monitors for productivity and when I game to see my friend's streams on discord.

Let me know if I can provide any more information.

Regards,

:)

lokito50, Nov 18, 2020

2. Samsung Omnia7 looses bluetooth connection to A2DP Device at standby

When switching my onmnia7 into standby using the power on/off-button, it looses the running connection to an A2DP Device (Sennheiser PXC310 BT). That's why I can't use it in the gym.

What can I do?

Konzept plus, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Pc will not wake up from Standby

When i go into standby mode then click any button or press power button the computer the monitor is still blanked out. and will nto come back on. any suggestions?

accordpower99, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Monitors suddenly loosing connection and switching into standby mode.

Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode

Try this: ukanth/monitores
    Lock (Win+L) the computer and the monitor goes into standby mode.

Hybrid Vigor, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Monitors suddenly loosing connection and switching into standby mode.

1. Monitors suddenly loosing connection and switching into standby mode. - Similar Threads - Monitors suddenly loosing

2. Monitor is stuck at Standby Mode please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor is stuck at Standby Mode please help: So I have a broken laptop screen with an external monitor. The problem isnt my laptop screen but my monitor. This exact same problem has happened to me before but ill talk about that later. Ive used it for a while now but it just doesnt work anymore. Its just shows the Lenovo...
  3. Monitor is stuck at Standby Mode please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor is stuck at Standby Mode please help: So I have a broken laptop screen with an external monitor. The problem isnt my laptop screen but my monitor. This exact same problem has happened to me before but ill talk about that later. Ive used it for a while now but it just doesnt work anymore. Its just shows the Lenovo...
  4. Connected Standby Mode Causing Random Shutdowns?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Connected Standby Mode Causing Random Shutdowns?: I have a Dell Vostro 15 5510, that has had the problem of unexpectedly shutting down overnight.We leave this laptop on so that the user can come back in the morning and already have the necessary websites and web portals already signed in and ready to go, he just has to...
  5. Connected Standby Mode Causing Random Shutdowns?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected Standby Mode Causing Random Shutdowns?: I have a Dell Vostro 15 5510, that has had the problem of unexpectedly shutting down overnight.We leave this laptop on so that the user can come back in the morning and already have the necessary websites and web portals already signed in and ready to go, he just has to...
  6. Connected Standby Mode Causing Random Shutdowns?

7. Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Customization
    Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby: i bought the X1 Carbon Gen9. when i download something via firefox and it takes e.g. 5 hours slow download server, due to modern standby or normal standby, the download some when stops. i read this page: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standbyhowever, i...
  8. Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby: i bought the X1 Carbon Gen9. when i download something via firefox and it takes e.g. 5 hours slow download server, due to modern standby or normal standby, the download some when stops. i read this page: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standbyhowever, i...
  9. Carbon Gen9: Enable Network Connectivity in Standby Mode Modern Standby

10. 2nd Monitor Standby Mode Upon Reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd Monitor Standby Mode Upon Reboot: So I'm running dual monitors and I noticed after a fresh install of W10 that the 2nd monitor stays in standby mode when I reboot. What's annoying are all my gadgets that are spread between the 2 monitors get re-arranged to the main monitor. I'm able to get the monitor to...