Windows 10: Monitors suddenly loosing connection and switching into standby mode.

Discus and support Monitors suddenly loosing connection and switching into standby mode. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I've ran into an issue with my setup. Sometimes when I'm gaming, both my monitors go black and switch to standby mode. The signal from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by lokito50, Nov 18, 2020.

1. lokito50 Win User

Monitors suddenly loosing connection and switching into standby mode.

Hello,

Recently I've ran into an issue with my setup. Sometimes when I'm gaming, both my monitors go black and switch to standby mode. The signal from the GPU is totally lost. I can still hear audio and the PC is still running fine but no matter what I do, it doesn't bring back the signal unless I press the reset button.

I have two monitors running right now, an Asus ROG swift PG279Q connected via DP, and an old Acer X223W beside it in portrait mode connected with a displayport to dvi 10feet cable. I have tried the following, connecting and disconnecting both monitors after the screens go black, connecting and disconnecting a single monitor, cleaned the drivers with display driver uninstaller in safe mode and installing new drivers, I've set the refresh rate to 60Hz on both so they are the same, set different refresh rates in the Asus(the acer can only do 60hz and 1680x1050 resolution). All of this to no avail. I've also made sure the power cables are well connected to the GPU and I am running one cable per connector from the PSU.

At this point I don't know how to further troubleshoot it, if someone can help me maybe if I can get some system logs or something that would be greatly appreciated. The only other thing I can think of is just going back to running my Asus monitor alone or buy a newer 22inch monitor to replace the Acer(it was gifted, so it's old) and see if that makes the problem go away. Ideally I want to run both monitors for productivity and when I game to see my friend's streams on discord.

Let me know if I can provide any more information.

Regards,

:)

lokito50, Nov 18, 2020

2. Samsung Omnia7 looses bluetooth connection to A2DP Device at standby

When switching my onmnia7 into standby using the power on/off-button, it looses the running connection to an A2DP Device (Sennheiser PXC310 BT). That's why I can't use it in the gym.

What can I do?

Konzept plus, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Pc will not wake up from Standby

When i go into standby mode then click any button or press power button the computer the monitor is still blanked out. and will nto come back on. any suggestions?

accordpower99, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Monitors suddenly loosing connection and switching into standby mode.

Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode

Try this: ukanth/monitores
    Lock (Win+L) the computer and the monitor goes into standby mode.

Hybrid Vigor, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Monitors suddenly loosing connection and switching into standby mode.

1. Monitors suddenly loosing connection and switching into standby mode. - Similar Threads - Monitors suddenly loosing

2. Loosing WIFI connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loosing WIFI connection: After updating to Win 10 v2004 I am loosing my internet connection, in fact I loose all wifi connections and cannot see any wifi connections. I have another PC which connect perfectly to the internet. When I reboot my laptop, I can see the wifi connections and connects...
  3. Audio Sources switching really fast after standby screensaver mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Sources switching really fast after standby screensaver mode: Everytime my pc goes into standby mode or turns off my screen to save energy and i activate it again by moving my mouse or pressing a key, it starts switching between my headset audio and monitor audio very quickly. after 20 seconds it normally stops and everything works fine...
  4. PC looses connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC looses connection: I'm not even sure that's an apt description. MWB worked seamlessly for a couple of weeks. Now, and I can't put my finger exactly on when, it will from time to time quit working. I'll switch from the host to the other pc both W10 -- different versions -- and the mouse /...
  5. Apps switched from one monitor to the other during standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps switched from one monitor to the other during standby: I have a dual monitor system running Windows 10 v. 1903. Sometimes when I put the computer into standby, I will hear at some later time some Windows sounds and when I wake it up, I will find that the (locked) taskbar along with other apps I had opened on one monitor...
  6. 2nd Monitor Standby Mode Upon Reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd Monitor Standby Mode Upon Reboot: So I'm running dual monitors and I noticed after a fresh install of W10 that the 2nd monitor stays in standby mode when I reboot. What's annoying are all my gadgets that are spread between the 2 monitors get re-arranged to the main monitor. I'm able to get the monitor to...
  7. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Switch On From Standby Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Dual Monitor Switch On From Standby Problems: I have two monitors attached to my desktop, for some reason Windows 10 has stopped automatically switching on my second monitor when windows loads. I therefore have to manually switch it on. Once switched on everything works ok! Has anybody got any idea's why this should...
  8. Loosing internet connection

Loosing internet connection: Odd issue, internet keeps disconnecting, sometimes only 15-30min between sometimes hours between. The wireless shows as connected and diagnostic doesnt help. only thing that helps is to disable and enable it OR wait for a few min and it usually comes back on its own....
  9. Loosing connection for a while

Loosing connection for a while: Hello. Iam loosing connection with an internet for a couple of seconds every time I connect to the VPN, Steam or starting a few other applications. I had this same problem with Win8 and now with fresh Win10 but not with Win7. What can cause this behavior? As you can see there...
  10. Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode: Can anyone advise please? I have created a shortcut to enable me to put my computer into sleep mode without the power button. I am trying to find a way that I can keep my monitors in sleep mode too. They go into sleep mode and then after about twenty to thirty seconds...