Windows 10: Monitors switched during bootup, I want to fix that

Discus and support Monitors switched during bootup, I want to fix that in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, Stupid question but I thought I'd ask. I have my larger monitor set up to be my main monitor for all things I do, the second monitor is a smaller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by RAMWolff, Aug 12, 2021.

1. RAMWolff Win User

Monitors switched during bootup, I want to fix that

Hi, Stupid question but I thought I'd ask. I have my larger monitor set up to be my main monitor for all things I do, the second monitor is a smaller monitor for extra stuff or viewing tutorials while I'm working on the larger monitor. ANYWAY, during the boot up the larger monitor was the main monitor for all things "boot up" but all of a sudden the second, smaller monitor was activated and now it's the main "boot up" monitor. I've kinda looked around to rectify that but I can't seem to figure this one out. It kinda annoys me but it's not the end of the world. Any help getting this back to what I'd prefer? Thanks so much Richard My Windows 10 installation is fully up to date. I don't have the version number handy but I don't delay down updates!

:)

RAMWolff, Aug 12, 2021
  2. Ghot Win User

Hopefully... better explanation....

Monitors switched during bootup, I want to fix that [​IMG]

1. Dell monitor is set to primary.
    2. I use the old LG TV to watch movies that I have stored on hard drive.
    3. TV has ONLY HDMI input, so I need to use the RTX 2070's HDMI connector for the TV.
    4. That leaves one of 3x display ports to hook to the DELL monitor.
    5. If I hook the DELL to either of the "blue" display ports, then I get the Windows booting screens on the TV.
    6. If I hook the DELL to the "green" display port... then I get BOTH the booting screens and the desktop, all on the DELL, which I have set to primary.

My exact model vid card is.. EVGA 08G-P4-2171-KR
    I don't know which connectors you have on your vid card, or which of your display port connectors will turn out to be the "green" one, but a little trial and error can determine that.

3. Monitor Primary monitor layout switches upon second monitor power off

Hi alts63,

One of the possible reasons why your primary monitor layout switches is that the rotation lock option is turned on. In order to turn that off and fix the issue, please follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + A on your keyboard to open Action Center.
    2. Click the Expand button.
    3. Click the Rotation lock to turn it off.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 12, 2021
  4. polsar88 Win User

Triple monitor issue - left monitor not woken up from sleep during bootup

I have restarted the computer 14 times in a row and some interesting patterns have emerged:

• The left monitor woke up by itself on 4 of the 14 restarts: 1st, 5th, 9th, and 14th. So the monitor wakes up every 4th restart (or 5th in the last case).
    • When the left monitor wakes up, the time it takes to login is extremely fast – the delay between entering the password and when the desktop appears is very small. But when the monitor does NOT wake up, and I have to wake it up manually, the delay is considerably
      longer.
    • The left monitor waking up correlates very strongly with fast startup. What I mean by that is that the startups programs start very quickly. If the monitor does not wake up, the startup is much slower.

It's as if there is some sort of jam/timeout issue in the Windows bootup process. What would be a good tool to investigate this further? Something that can give me a detailed trace of the bootup process?

polsar88, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Monitors switched during bootup, I want to fix that - Similar Threads - Monitors switched during

2. How can I tweak the resolution during bootup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I tweak the resolution during bootup?: When I press the power button, the boot logo and the loading circle is in low resolution and is stretched probably because it's in 4:3. It becomes normal 1920x1080 in the login screen. Integrated GPU is disabled. The monitor is connected to the GPU via DisplayPort cable.A...
  3. How can I tweak the resolution during bootup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I tweak the resolution during bootup?: When I press the power button, the boot logo and the loading circle is in low resolution and is stretched probably because it's in 4:3. It becomes normal 1920x1080 in the login screen. Integrated GPU is disabled. The monitor is connected to the GPU via DisplayPort cable.A...
  4. Monitors switching off during game start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors switching off during game start up: I have an alienware pc and have 3 monitors connected on it. When I start a game 3 of them will turn off but only 2 will turn on. I have aurora 6 and a gtx 1070. Please help!...
  5. Monitors Switching Off During Game Start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors Switching Off During Game Start-up: So I have an Alienware Aurora R6 with a GTX 1070. I have 3 monitors plugged into the graphics card and recently whenever I go to start a game, all the monitors turn off but only 2 turn back on and the games will not load.Does anyone know what I can do?...
  6. Monitors Switching Off During Game Start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors Switching Off During Game Start-up: So I have an Alienware Aurora R6 with a GTX 1070. I have 3 monitors plugged into the graphics card and recently whenever I go to start a game, all the monitors turn off but only 2 turn back on and the games will not load.Does anyone know what I can do?...
  7. Monitors switched during bootup, I want to fix that

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitors switched during bootup, I want to fix that: Hi, Stupid question but I thought I'd ask. I have my larger monitor set up to be my main monitor for all things I do, the second monitor is a smaller monitor for extra stuff or viewing tutorials while I'm working on the larger monitor. ANYWAY, during the boot up the larger...
  8. Keyboard dead during bootup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard dead during bootup: I'm trying to replace my old Dell keyboard with a G.Skill Ripjaws gaming keyboard. Unfortunately, it only works after the system boots up, which means I can't use function keys at bootup. I've written to G.Skill already. But just in case this problem is not a glitch in...
  9. Black screen and WAIT during bootup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen and WAIT during bootup: For two years I have had three hard drives installed. One small one went bad and at bootup I would get that information with "Press F1 to resume" which I would do and then windows would load. I upgraded to windows 10 from 7 three weeks ago, same message, and no problem, as it...
  10. black screen during bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen during bootup: During boot up I get a black screen for about 1 min then the login for my account. I notice a lot of hard drive activity during the black screen. I'm using amd-catalyst-15.10beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-oct12.exe (latest one). Win 10 works fine except for the black screen....