Windows 10: Monitors turn off and every system fan goes full speed

Discus and support Monitors turn off and every system fan goes full speed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I'm typing this as quickly as possible so I can get this up in time before my pc dies again. For no specific reason, my custom-built... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TeenTechie, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Monitors turn off and every system fan goes full speed

Hello!

I'm typing this as quickly as possible so I can get this up in time before my pc dies again.

For no specific reason, my custom-built computer will just shut off the monitors and then every fan goes beserk. This happens during no specific task. Whether it be playing a game, typing a document, or just watching a youtube video. The power supply makes the most noise, and I've run diagnostics on every hard drive I have. I've also scanned for viruses, too.

This all happened after I came back from vacation. Keep in mind that I was gone for 6 days with no issues prior to returning; I came back, turned it on, and played some Metro Last Light and all of the sudden, it just happened. I have no idea what's causing this and the longest it has gone without going crazy is around a hour.

Thanks in advance.

:)

TeenTechie, Dec 30, 2016

2. My pc fan all of a sudden gets stuck on max sped

I was just doing some internet surfing and all of a sudden my fan goes up speed a little bit every 2 seconds and then now no matter what, it stays on max speed even after turning it off and on again

NathanSocha, Dec 30, 2016
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Fan speed problems on ASUS ux501 (Windows 10)

"Turned on passive mode... So this makes trottling"

The gpu temperature monitor shows the temps are too high (Nvidia gpu's usually don't throttle below 100C ) ?

Do you have the Nvidia card set to 'prefer maximum performance' in Nivida Control Panel ?

(Not good for battery charge, but the better option when plugged in and running games ).

I don't have a laptop, but would think that using passive mode may lead to this 0 - 100 fan speed .

Is there another more aggressive speed mode you can use ?

I've had graphics cards in the past that came with profiles that were meant to be quiet, and they were if you

didn't stress the gpu, but this meant the fan speed curve held back on the fan speed too long, which leads to frequent

cycling up and down' of the fan speed when the card is working hard. Very annoying, and inefficient for cooling

under full load.

In this instance a fan speed control software will allow you to create your own custom fan speed profile

to force the fan to run faster at a lower temp.

A lot of recent desktop gpu's keep the fan's off when the card is not being stressed, but I wouldn't have thought

that a laptop would do this, as they are notorious for running hot.

BossDweeb, Dec 30, 2016
  4. Monitors turn off and every system fan goes full speed

Not sure if it matters, but I got a new keyboard for christmas. Not sure if it's the problem, but I'm trying it out right now.

TeenTechie, Dec 30, 2016
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    I'm thinking the 'long' inactivity was an invitation to critters to nest in a new home.

When monitor turns off, that's usually a graphics card's response to trouble.

When fans go full speed, temperature is too high.

Pest control needs to look inside the box to see if some component is not right, ex. fan not spinning or card too hot.

pyramid10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Monitors turn off and every system fan goes full speed

1. Monitors turn off and every system fan goes full speed - Similar Threads - Monitors turn off

2. monitor goes black , fans go max speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor goes black , fans go max speed: Hey guys, so i recently just upgraded from 1 stick of t force ddr 5 ram to two sticks and suddenly like once a day when i load up the computer , about 3-5 min in, no matter what application im on , the screen goes black , application freezes, and pc stays “on” with fans...
  3. monitor goes black , fans go max speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor goes black , fans go max speed: Hey guys, so i recently just upgraded from 1 stick of t force ddr 5 ram to two sticks and suddenly like once a day when i load up the computer , about 3-5 min in, no matter what application im on , the screen goes black , application freezes, and pc stays “on” with fans...
  4. Why my CPU turns off monitor and speeds up fan.?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my CPU turns off monitor and speeds up fan.?: Hi, I am facing some weird issue with my system.- My CPU basically turns off monitor and speeds up fan. - However CPU still running even after turning off monitor & I can still able to hear audio/ calls through headphones.- Also my system is not running any software when this...
  5. Why my CPU turns off monitor and speeds up fan.?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my CPU turns off monitor and speeds up fan.?: Hi, I am facing some weird issue with my system.- My CPU basically turns off monitor and speeds up fan. - However CPU still running even after turning off monitor & I can still able to hear audio/ calls through headphones.- Also my system is not running any software when this...
  6. Why my CPU turns off monitor and speeds up fan.?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows no longer goes to deep sleep - turns monitors off, but fans still running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows no longer goes to deep sleep - turns monitors off, but fans still running: This is a mini desktop PC with Windows 11. Previously the PC has gone to sleep fine turning fans off, but I had an issue with it turning on again randomly.I did some troubleshooting, and the result is that it now does not even go to sleep properly anymore.When I click Power...
  8. Laptop Fan Turns Full Speed when Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Fan Turns Full Speed when Sleep: I noticed my new laptop, Dell Inspiron 5301, turns its fan on at full speed when put to sleep. Turns out, this issue is not specific to my laptop, my friend with an HP laptop also does this. I reached out to Dell Tech Support, they replied to me that this is totally normal...
  9. fan is running at full speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    fan is running at full speed: I have a problem with a fan because it is running at full speed all the time. It is an old problem which I am unable to fix. I think the OS cannot detect the hardware and force the fan to run at full speed. It is Dell Precision T3500, Windows 10, ver. 10.0.17763. I...
  10. Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED: Hi all, I did a clean install of windows 10 about 2 months ago. Everything was fine till all of a sudden I came home one day and found my GPUs fan at full blast making some real good noise. Turned off the computer, checked the card, cleaned it (pressurized air) and put...