Windows 10: Monitors turn on by themselves I have my monitor off set to 5 mins. See below! Please help

Discus and support Monitors turn on by themselves I have my monitor off set to 5 mins. See below! Please help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have the monitors set to sleep at 5 mins but not the computer. I set this in the windows settings. They turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity, with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LacRads, Mar 22, 2023.

1. LacRads Win User

Monitors turn on by themselves I have my monitor off set to 5 mins. See below! Please help

I have the monitors set to sleep at 5 mins but not the computer. I set this in the windows settings. They turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity, with the computer still running and playing music in the background but then they turn on again. Following another 5 mins of inactivity, the monitors sleep without turning on until I move the mouse or hit a keyboard button. It's driving me crazy and I cannot figure out what is going on! Why do the monitors come back on and then stay off after the second 5 minutes?I updated all drivers and Bios but I still have this issue. I also set pwr to balanced

:)

LacRads, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

Monitors turn on by themselves I have my monitor off set to 5 mins. See below! Please help

1. Monitors turn on by themselves I have my monitor off set to 5 mins. See below! Please help - Similar Threads - Monitors turn themselves

2. Monitors turn on by themselves I have my monitor off set to 5 mins. See below! Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors turn on by themselves I have my monitor off set to 5 mins. See below! Please help: I have the monitors set to sleep at 5 mins but not the computer. I set this in the windows settings. They turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity, with the computer still running and playing music in the background but then they turn on again. Following another 5 mins of...
  3. Monitor's Turn Off Randomly - HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor's Turn Off Randomly - HELP!: HelloRecently I have been experiencing an issue where both my monitors turn off randomly usually when I'm dragging and dropping image/video/audio files into Premier pro and almost puts the PC into sleep mode where I have to wiggle the mouse or the screens come back on after a...
  4. Monitor's Turn Off Randomly - HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor's Turn Off Randomly - HELP!: HelloRecently I have been experiencing an issue where both my monitors turn off randomly usually when I'm dragging and dropping image/video/audio files into Premier pro and almost puts the PC into sleep mode where I have to wiggle the mouse or the screens come back on after a...
  5. Please help with my monitor!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help with my monitor!: Everything is so big and out of place and just the wrong sizes on my 31.5inch monitor. I have another one that is smaller but in display settings it's showing that they are the same size which they aren't. Please help!Left monitor is: 24inRight monitor: 31.5in...
  6. Please help with my monitor!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help with my monitor!: Everything is so big and out of place and just the wrong sizes on my 31.5inch monitor. I have another one that is smaller but in display settings it's showing that they are the same size which they aren't. Please help!Left monitor is: 24inRight monitor: 31.5in...
  7. Please help with my monitor!

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Accidenitly Turned Off Monitor Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidenitly Turned Off Monitor Settings: I have a Windows 10 laptop with a broken screen. I had been using an external monitor just fine, however, I went into my settings and accidently turned off the external monitor settings. I thought I was turning off the broken, attached monitor, but it turned off my external...
  9. Monitors keep turning themselves back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors keep turning themselves back on: Hi guys. I have an issue where my monitors keep turning themselves back on. I've scoured google (or more accurately ddg) and I've found little in the form of a solution. I hear tale that xbox 360 USB controllers cause monitors to turn back on, and I do plug mine in for...
  10. Windows rearrange themselves when I turn off/on monitors.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows rearrange themselves when I turn off/on monitors.: Ever since I got my new monitor, a BenQ XL2540, my windows keep rearranging themselves. First, everything moved to my main monitor, not so bad, yet annoying. But, I moved my PC + changed a cable on my 2nd monitor (a normal DVI cable, was a dual link), and now everytime i...