Windows 10: Monitors turned off suddenly

Discus and support Monitors turned off suddenly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use a laptop with two connected monitors. This system worked without any problems for a few years. Currently I am facing a random issue. All of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EricNewport, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Monitors turned off suddenly

I use a laptop with two connected monitors. This system worked without any problems for a few years. Currently I am facing a random issue. All of a sudden my two monitors went dark and I saw all the apps and files on the laptop screen. I restart the system and the move all the apps and files to their primary location. Why did it happen?

:)

EricNewport, Jan 8, 2019

2. 2nd Monitor suddenly not working

Hi Michael,

If you recently updated from one version of Windows to another, it's possible that the current driver is for the previous version of Windows. For us to troubleshoot your monitor issue, we suggest performing these steps:

• Run the troubleshooter for devices and hardware. The troubleshooter will perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and resolve issues related to
      using your device.
    • Update your monitor and display driver. To update a driver, refer to this
      link
      . If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try checking for one on your device manufacturer's website.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Monitors turned off suddenly

using a monitor to extend my screen

Hi Lou,

There are several possible reasons why your LCD monitor suddenly stopped working. It could be that the graphic driver is outdated or could be the cable used is already damaged.

For us to isolate this problem, we would like to ask the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed any updates?

In the meantime, please try the following suggestions and see if your laptop will detect the LCD monitor:

• Update the graphic card driver. Check out Update drivers in Windows 10 for the steps.
    • Use another cable. Try using another VGA cable to connect the LCD monitor to the laptop.
    • Connect the LCD monitor to another computer. To help us isolate the issue, try connecting the LCD monitor to a different computer.

Please let us know how it goes. We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Monitors turned off suddenly

1. Monitors turned off suddenly - Similar Threads - Monitors turned off

2. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  3. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  4. Monitors turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors turning off.: Hello! I am using 2 monitors on my RX480 8 gb GPU. But recently i got a problem, randomly, my monitors are going black and they have no response, i can still hear everything but I cannot see anything either. I tried using the shortcut to reset the graphics driver but still...
  5. turn monitor off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    turn monitor off: How to turn monitor off imediatelly after pc boot up so it's not On for 20 minutes after pc boots up. I don't want to change power settings because for the rest of the time it should be like it is in settings it turns off after 20 minutes of inactivity. I tried nircmd and...
  6. Sudden turning off of laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden turning off of laptop: just recently I had a problem where my laptop even though not low battery like 50% or 45% it shuts off automatically without warning. my laptop is around 2 years old and this problem started occurring more than a month now... please help...
  7. Monitor Not Turning Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Not Turning Off: Recently whenever I lock my computer my left monitor turns off when it sleeps, but my main monitor just goes black and stays on. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/Bland_Biscuit [link] [comments]...
  8. Monitor Suddenly Stops Turning On?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Suddenly Stops Turning On?: I have 2 monitors that are 24'. One is an asus Amazon.com: ASUS VS24AH-P 24.1 Accessories I used it for a few years before one day... there was a short power outage and i notice everything turned off and then when everything turned back on, my monitor did not turn on. I...
  9. Turn off Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off Monitor: How to turn off the monitor ? It's impossible with Windows settings ! [Original Title: Monitor] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/turn-off-monitor/049f875b-88bc-4203-9d59-bc561a18167f
  10. Monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off: This happened sometimes in Windows 8.1 and still happens in Windows 10. I went into settings and changed when to turn off monitor to never and put this computer to sleep to never so why does the monitor turn off after no activity anyway? 11252