Windows 10: Monitors went black

Discus and support Monitors went black in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When trying to setup an external steering wheel for a game, I exited the steam software and all of my monitors went black. I still have power to the pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CarsonSinica, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Monitors went black

When trying to setup an external steering wheel for a game, I exited the steam software and all of my monitors went black. I still have power to the pc and everything connected to the pc, just the display wont show on my monitors. I tried switching the display cords from the gpu to my motherboard and there was no signal at the motherboard compared to the black screen I was getting when connected to the graphics card. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

CarsonSinica, Jan 23, 2021

2. Desktop with dual monitors one black

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the you have tried to resolve the issue and tried many steps. I really appreciate your efforts in resolving this issue. As you have mentioned that switching the cables make both the monitor
    work so I believe its not the driver issue. I would suggest you to try connecting another cable and check if the issue persists.

Below is the Microsoft help article on How to connect a second monitor/ Multi monitors.

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

If you are facing black screen issue on the second monitor I suggest you to refer to the below thread and follow the steps given:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Monitors went black

Windows 10 black screen on some monitors

Hi Sean,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

There can be many reasons for this issue. The main causes observed are:

• Problems with the driver for your display adapter;

• The video output is being sent to an unexpected port;

I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps given in the help article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Monitors went black

1. Monitors went black - Similar Threads - Monitors went black

2. my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver: i have a monitor from AOC that only ran in 60 hz due to a lack of drivers. i tried the same hdmi cable on another pc and monitor with drivers and i got 120 hz, which is the limit of that laptop. i tried it on another pc which i know to support 144 hz and it worked. my acer...
  3. my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver: i have a monitor from AOC that only ran in 60 hz due to a lack of drivers. i tried the same hdmi cable on another pc and monitor with drivers and i got 120 hz, which is the limit of that laptop. i tried it on another pc which i know to support 144 hz and it worked. my acer...
  4. my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Screen went black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen went black: I was updating my PC to Windows 11 whilst restart power got cut off. Now my PC just shows black screen what should I do? Sometimes it does go to Preparing Automatic Repair stage but nothing happens....
  6. Screen went black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen went black: I was updating my PC to Windows 11 whilst restart power got cut off. Now my PC just shows black screen what should I do? Sometimes it does go to Preparing Automatic Repair stage but nothing happens....
  7. Screen went black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Screen Went Black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Went Black: I bought my HP Desktop All-In-One a couple months and it had been working great. I turned it on this morning, then left it for a few hours. When I moved the mouse to get the screen back on it stayed black. I checked the cables and they were fine and I put fresh batteries...
  9. 2nd Monitor went black; "Install new Device Driver"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd Monitor went black; "Install new Device Driver": Hello, How/where do I find the newest Driver for my AOC Monitor as part of my Dell Inspiron set-up ? Gary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor-went-black-install-new-device-driver/ce9c2c65-196e-4dfa-a213-f3490d51ff9c
  10. Windows went black and white

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows went black and white: I was using my wife's laptop tonight ... and suddenly the screen went black-and-white. Oh crap! If I can't fix this before she wakes up there will be a colossal New Year's Eve screaming match! A quick web search revealed that pressing ctrl-windows-c puts the screen in...