Windows 10: Monitors will not time out after 2004

Discus and support Monitors will not time out after 2004 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I recently forced the 2004 update on my gaming desktop (Windows 10 Pro 64bit). After doing so I have noticed that my monitors (2 of them) will no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by kirbyonwarpstar, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Monitors will not time out after 2004

I recently forced the 2004 update on my gaming desktop (Windows 10 Pro 64bit).
    After doing so I have noticed that my monitors (2 of them) will no longer turn off after a set amount of inactivity. Previously they were set to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. All systems said that they should turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity, but they do not. Seriously, I can go watch a Star Wars movie and when I come back to my computer they are still on.

Power & Sleep Settings is set to turn them off after 10 minutes.
    Power Settings: Balanced Plan is set to turn them off after 10 minutes.
    Balanced Plan's advanced settings: Display is set to turn them off after 10 minutes.

These settings were not synchronized, because I was messing with them. I have now synchronized them. However, that did not solve the problem. Resetting the power plan, or changing the power plan to a different plan did not fix the problem either.
    Then I thought maybe it was a screen saver issue, so I activated a blank screen saver to come on after 10 minutes of inactivity. That doesn't work either.
    I have tried all of the suggestions on this FAQ: Fixed: Windows 10 Screensaver Not Working | SoftwareKeep.
    That also did not work.
    Please Help.
    Thanks for your time and effort in advance.

:)

kirbyonwarpstar, Jul 13, 2020

2. Monitors will not time out after 2004

I recently forced the 2004 update on my gaming desktop (Windows 10 Pro 64bit).
    After doing so I have noticed that my monitors (2 of them) will no longer turn off after a set amount of inactivity. Previously they were set to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. All systems said that they should turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity, but they do not. Seriously, I can go watch a Star Wars movie and when I come back to my computer they are still on.

Power & Sleep Settings is set to turn them off after 10 minutes.
    Power Settings: Balanced Plan is set to turn them off after 10 minutes.
    Balanced Plan's advanced settings: Display is set to turn them off after 10 minutes.

These settings were not synchronized, because I was messing with them. I have now synchronized them. However, that did not solve the problem. Resetting the power plan, or changing the power plan to a different plan did not fix the problem either.
    Then I thought maybe it was a screen saver issue, so I activated a blank screen saver to come on after 10 minutes of inactivity. That doesn't work either.
    I have tried all of the suggestions on this FAQ: Fixed: Windows 10 Screensaver Not Working | SoftwareKeep.
    That also did not work.
    Please Help.
    Thanks for your time and effort in advance.

3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Monitors will not time out after 2004

Monitors will not time out after 2004

thanks for trying, if you looked at the article I tried: Fixed: Windows 10 Screensaver Not Working | SoftwareKeep
    It offers 8 supposed solutions to the problem. The possible solutions in your post were already included in the article I used and have been tried.

Thema:

Monitors will not time out after 2004

1. Monitors will not time out after 2004 - Similar Threads - Monitors 2004

2. Did Windows 10 2004 20H1 actually fix the issue with multi-monitor varied refresh rates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did Windows 10 2004 20H1 actually fix the issue with multi-monitor varied refresh rates?: I'm looking to get a second monitor for my setup, but I have a 27" 1440p 144hz, and even for a 1080p 144hz I'm looking at around $300. I saw a couple articles when looking around online, but can anyone verify if it's true? The second monitor would really just be for Discord,...
  3. Win 10 version 2004: PC plays device disconnected sound when monitor goes to sleep -...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 version 2004: PC plays device disconnected sound when monitor goes to sleep -...: My current PC is a new build October 2020 on new hardware, specifically an i7-9700K with integrated Intel video controller. I was aware of the problems with update 2004 and integrated video controllers before I did the build so I started with version 1909 and waited until...
  4. Updated to version 2004, still having loads of stuttering problems in games with multi monitor

Updated to version 2004, still having loads of stuttering problems in games with multi monitor: Decided to finally give the update to 2004 a go in hopes of fixing this issue that popped up once I got a second monitor which is games not being at all smooth and having mini stutters constantly. My main monitor is 3440x1440 100hz GSync 34¨ and the 2nd monitor is 2560x1440...
  5. Having problems with the multi monitor stuttering issue, would an update to Win 10 2004 be...

Having problems with the multi monitor stuttering issue, would an update to Win 10 2004 be...: I've recently gotten a 2nd monitor. My main monitor is 3440x1440 34¨ 100hz w/ GSync, the 2nd monitor is 2560x1440 27¨ 75hz w/ FreeSync. I'd read about this problem before I bought the second monitor but had asked people that said they had no issues. Here's a detailed post...
  6. Latest windows update (ver. 2004) ruined my multi-monitor display (Different refresh rates)

Latest windows update (ver. 2004) ruined my multi-monitor display (Different refresh rates): I installed the latest update a couple of days ago and last night when I was playing a game I noticed that the video on my 2nd monitor was super choppy and unwatchable. I had never seen anything like this before so I was unsure what was causing it. I reinstalled my NVIDIA...
  7. Windows 10 2004 Micro stuttering on dual monitor setup 144Hz/60Hz

Windows 10 2004 Micro stuttering on dual monitor setup 144Hz/60Hz: I recently get new 144Hz Monitor but I can't play in Windowed Fullscreen because I have some weird micro stuttering, problem solves when I switch to Fullscreen mode. I have read about this problem with dual monitor setups that doesnt match refresh rates but I also read that...
  8. Upgraded to Windows 10, version 2004 and now monitor will suddenly go gray.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded to Windows 10, version 2004 and now monitor will suddenly go gray.: I upgraded to Windows 10, version 2004 today. Now my monitor will suddenly go gray while working. If I turn the monitor off and then on, the color will return. I have run sfc /scannow and the scan indicates there are no integrity issues. Any thoughts to resolve?...
  9. Is there a way to adjust the 2nd monitor brightness in Windows 10, V. 2004?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to adjust the 2nd monitor brightness in Windows 10, V. 2004?: Currently, there is no way to adjustment the 2nd monitor from Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-adjust-the-2nd-monitor/7b4b8ecc-0acd-4de9-a45e-5411baa1c4af
  10. Windows 10 2004 console lock monitor display off broken for me

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 2004 console lock monitor display off broken for me: I just updated to Windows 10 Pro 2004, now when I lock my computer with Windows + L, lock screen comes up, typically within 60 secs my monitors turn off/timeout automatically, but now they don't and I can't figure it out. I did a clean reset of Windows. I have tried...