Windows 10: Monitors won't sleep because of SpeechRuntime

Discus and support Monitors won't sleep because of SpeechRuntime in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have my monitors set to switch off after 15 minutes in power management settings. When they turn off a moment later they reenable themselves and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mcnippy, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Mcnippy Win User

Monitors won't sleep because of SpeechRuntime

I have my monitors set to switch off after 15 minutes in power management settings. When they turn off a moment later they reenable themselves and then go to sleep. This continues forever. In my event viewer I have this:

Code: Log Name: Application Source: SpeechRuntime Date: 29-Oct-16 07:35:18 Event ID: 1 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Bob Description: Audio Orchestrator Power Event: Stopping Voice Activation Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="SpeechRuntime" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1</EventID> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-10-29T04:35:18.338838800Z" /> <EventRecordID>69577</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>Bob</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>Audio Orchestrator Power Event: Stopping Voice Activation</Data> </EventData> </Event>[/quote] Repeats every minute and every minute my monitors "blink". I found literally nothing on google, came to find help here *092

:)

Mcnippy, Oct 28, 2016

2. Monitor Resolution

Thanks, but I decided to simply tell it not to go to take a nap. If it wakes up from a sleep by restarting, it's fine. So I woke it up and won't let it sleep again.

I don't understand how it recognizes the monitor on restart and then thinks it is something else later on and won't let me even adjust the resolution back to where it should be because it insists that the monitor is something it's not.

JPG Mount Vernon, Oct 28, 2016
  3. Windows 10...monitor won't wake after sleep?

When my computer sleeps and I go to use it, i can hear the CPU starting up but the monitor says no signal. Windows 10...monitor won't wake after sleep?

KimberlyHMK, Oct 28, 2016
Thema:

Monitors won't sleep because of SpeechRuntime

1. Monitors won't sleep because of SpeechRuntime - Similar Threads - Monitors won't sleep

2. Monitor won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake from sleep: Split from this thread. After 23H2 update, my monitor won't wake when the PC does, it takes about 2-3 minutes after a few beeps.The BIOS for the MSIB560M-A PRO MB is uptodate and the latest drivers for the Geforce 750Ti are installed and yet the problem persists.Noticed power...
  3. Monitor won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake from sleep: Split from this thread. After 23H2 update, my monitor won't wake when the PC does, it takes about 2-3 minutes after a few beeps.The BIOS for the MSIB560M-A PRO MB is uptodate and the latest drivers for the Geforce 750Ti are installed and yet the problem persists.Noticed power...
  4. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep: Hello,same question as ; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displayport-monitor-never-goes-to-sleep/a992a91a-9aa8-4e4b-a65e-b906200649eaThe original answer by microsoft team is not usefull only 1 positive vote and 53 other people has the same problem so...
  5. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep: Hello,same question as ; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displayport-monitor-never-goes-to-sleep/a992a91a-9aa8-4e4b-a65e-b906200649eaThe original answer by microsoft team is not usefull only 1 positive vote and 53 other people has the same problem so...
  6. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Monitors won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitors won't go to sleep: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016) I recently got a new video card (nVidia GeForce RTX 2060) and a new monitor (Viotek GNV27DB, using DisplayPort), I also have another monitor also plugged in (HP LV2311, using DVI). After setting everything up I noticed a few...
  8. My monitor won't go sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My monitor won't go sleep: I have a two-monitors setupone connected with a displayport and one with an HDMI. When my monitors go sleep, the secondHDMI show a warning: signal not foundand that is ok, the firstDISPLAYPORT show the same warning and after he go sleep, he go again on showing a black image...
  9. Monitor won't sleep in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor won't sleep in Windows 10: I am trying to set my monitor to sleep after 5 minutes to save electricity and also not have to do it manually and have found that something is stopping it. I have an Acer Aspire V5-571G laptop with a Samsung 27" C27F591FDE monitor. I have tried a number of things after...
  10. Monitor won't sleep, screensaver won't come on

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor won't sleep, screensaver won't come on: New PC build: 8700k, Z370 board, GTX 1080 Ti, Win 10 Home, all latest drivers and BIOS updates The monitor won't enter sleep mode and the screen saver won't come on either. Have tried resetting Power Options to default. Unplugged all USB devices. Does anyone have any...