Windows 10: Monochrome laser printer for Home use - fed up with inkjet costs

Discus and support Monochrome laser printer for Home use - fed up with inkjet costs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks I've had it up to the eyeballs with "Cheap" inkjet type printers . The ink prices -- even on 3rd party offerings are rediculous -- two lots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, May 30, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Monochrome laser printer for Home use - fed up with inkjet costs

Hi folks

I've had it up to the eyeballs with "Cheap" inkjet type printers .

The ink prices -- even on 3rd party offerings are rediculous -- two lots of cheap replacements still cost more than the wretched printer does in the first place and these cartridges don't last long at all.

I'm looking now at Laser printers -- I know basically more expensive but the cost of "consumables" is so much cheaper in the long term that this might be a "Good option" -- I know with a lot more people working at home / remotely there's more printing to be done.

Any recommendations --I don't need any colour -- monochrome ( B&W for those who are unfamilar with term monochrome) would be just fine --and it doesn't have to be 30 ppm a minute or so --speed irrelevelant as I'm not in a commercial office -- most important thing for me is how much use would I get out of a single toner cartridge.

(I remember years and years ago Kodak used to give away free cameras because they got their money back in selling film and processing -- it's probably the same with ink jet printers --amazing how quickly cheap models are replaced by new ones while the ink per litre is far more expensive than platinum !!!!!).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 30, 2020
  2. Phone Man Win User

In 2011 I bought a Brother HL-2170W laser printer and it has been great. Toner usage is good also. I got it for $54 on sale and was normally about $100. It has LAN, USB and WiFi ports. They have a lot of models. This is a newer version with same specs.

Monochrome laser printer for Home use - fed up with inkjet costs [​IMG]

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Bree Win User

I stuck with an inkjet (I want to print photos as well) but chose one with a refillable ink tank. My Epson Ecotank ET-4750 came with two sets of B/C/M/Y bottles in the box, that's rated at 15,000 b/w pages before I need to buy a refill.

Monochrome laser printer for Home use - fed up with inkjet costs [​IMG]

Bree, Jun 4, 2020
  4. PiKo Win User

I also chose for a monochrome laser printer (Brother). As a private person, I know now that I print about 1000 pages/yr, which means 1 cartridge per 3 yrs. Be aware that the cheaper laser printers are often offered with a cartridge which is not completely filled (for instance 1000 pages in stead of 3000). It might influence your choice.

@Bree I stuck with an inkjet (I want to print photos as well)
    Long time ago I had a special Epson photoprinter. Everytime that I wanted to print a photo, the ink channels were blocked. And when moisture came on the photo, the ink was smeared out. Then I made a cost calculation. Price of photopaper + ink was much higher than when going to a photoprint shop with an USB stick. And their quality was much better.

PiKo, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Monochrome laser printer for Home use - fed up with inkjet costs - Similar Threads - Monochrome laser printer

2. Is there an HP Wired Inkjet Printer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there an HP Wired Inkjet Printer?: I'm in the market for a new printer. My Canon which I had 2 years died on me because of the ink absorber.I used to buy HP inkjet printers all the time, but then I saw that the newer ones relied on the internet & wireless and didn't want it.Is there a "wired" HP inkjet...
  3. hp inkjet printer...will not print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp inkjet printer...will not print: test page printed alignment page printed pdf and pages will not pring nothing shows in print que What is the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-inkjet-printerwill-not-print/12c9bbbb-a92f-44b6-af04-b8559b6457af
  4. Brother Laser Thinks it's a Brother InkJet

Brother Laser Thinks it's a Brother InkJet: For some odd reason, when I send a print job to my Brother Laser MFC-2710DW, instead the document goes to my Brother MFC-J6920DW Inkjet printer. I know I can reinstall it, but printer installation on Windows 10 is a chore and a half! Besides, I want to know why this has...
  5. Printer only prints in Monochrome

Printer only prints in Monochrome: My HP printer will not print in color when I print from my laptop but does when I print from my phone. Is there somewhere in Windows 10 to change the preferences?...
  6. Canon Inkjet Printer Canada

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Canon Inkjet Printer Canada: anon Inkjet Printers have a brand name that is incomparable and unmatchable with any other printers available. These printers have a high demand and are used by people from all around the world. However, with the change in technology and era, time is money and nowadays the...
  7. Inkjet printer

Inkjet printer: I want to get a tank refill inkjet printer, which brand of tank refill inkjet printer are durable and user friendly, canon, HP, or Epson ? 134804
  8. Inkjet printer

in Windows 10 Support
    Inkjet printer: I want to get a tank refill inkjet printer, which brand of tank refill inkjet printer are durable and user friendly, canon, HP, or Epson ? 134804
  9. my brother laser and brother inkjet printers stop working everytime there is a Win10...

my brother laser and brother inkjet printers stop working everytime there is a Win10...: How can I prevent Microsoft updates wrecking my computer every time they occur? My printer drivers have to be deleted and reinstalled just about every month this year so why can't Microsoft just do 1 update a year and only security updates? This month my new HP computer...
  10. Printer prints only in monochrome,

Printer prints only in monochrome,: Hi I have the 3 colour cartridges in the printer Ian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-prints-only-in-monochrome/bfe42a8a-2c1c-41c8-99af-041ad18c34f5