Windows 10: Months worth of updates?

Discus and support Months worth of updates? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just received a lenovo laptop from a friend, they stopped using the laptop about three years ago. It was running really slow and I realized it was 39... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CourtneyJay, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Months worth of updates?

I just received a lenovo laptop from a friend, they stopped using the laptop about three years ago. It was running really slow and I realized it was 39 months behind on windows updates. I got it to 37 months and it runs much better but it took hours to update it to each one. is there a faster way to just update it to the most recent update surpassing all the old ones?

:)

CourtneyJay, Oct 2, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Months worth of updates? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 2, 2018
  3. IE7 Is Coming This Month...Are you Ready?

The final release of IE7 will be released this month. A few weeks after it will be put available for download it will be added to the list of automatic updates.
    Improvements over IE6 can be found in layout and security while keeping compatibility. Webmasters will still have to check their sites for compatibility as problems may occur. Steps to ensure compatibility can be found here.
    Of course you won't be forced to upgrade, if you don't want IE7 you can simply remove it from the automatic updates list and update it when you are ready.

Source: MSDN

DanTheBanjoman, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Months worth of updates?

Update Windows 10 after 5 months in storage?

Hi Nitram,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about installing the latest updates on your device.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which were the updates you found to be installed on youe device?
    • Did you check if those update are already installed under View installed updates?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "My PC has been in storage for 5 months"?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if those updates are already installed:

Follow:

• Right click on the Start button and select Programs and Features.
    • Click on View installed updates.

Step 2: Disable anti-virus software.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software.

Step 3: I suggest you to
    run Windows Update troubleshooter

Windows Update troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Months worth of updates?

1. Months worth of updates? - Similar Threads - Months worth updates

2. Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?: My Windows 10 installation 20H2 64 bit is up to date but the Settings menu Windows Update offers this so-called quality update: '2021-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5003214)' Some of these updates can take a very long time...
  3. Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is this 'Optional quality update' worth installing?: My Windows 10 installation 20H2 64 bit is up to date but the Settings menu Windows Update offers this so-called quality update: '2021-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5003214)' Some of these updates can take a very long time...
  4. Is updating from 1909 to 20H2 worth it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is updating from 1909 to 20H2 worth it?: I’m contemplating on whether I should update to the latest windows version. The most important thing is does it increase performance? Does it increase memory usage? Are there any reason for me to update to the latest version? submitted by /u/CHiA-ZS [link] [comments]...
  5. Is it worth risking an update for me?

Is it worth risking an update for me?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pepefrogcheese [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6emh7/is_it_worth_risking_an_update_for_me/
  6. recently installed months upon months worth of updates into my PC, and now it turns on...

recently installed months upon months worth of updates into my PC, and now it turns on...: title says it all. When I set my (desktop) PC to sleep, it turns on automatically after a certain time which is always in the middle of the night, so it never fails to wake me up. It does go back to sleeping by itself eventually, only to turn back on during the next 10...
  7. Is It Worth It?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is It Worth It?: so, im a student, and i only have one machine which is my laptop, which is decent in performance, and has too much RAM (16 gigs), and in my previous machine, i was an insider, and so i would like to find out if it is worth it being an insider for windows 10, and if so, then...
  8. SSD worth it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD worth it?: I've had most types of hardware over the years but never had an SSD. Considering changing over now but unsure if worth the cost. Would be going with a 1 TB drive, either Samsung, Mushkin, or SanDisk. I have various software that should be able to do the move already so that...
  9. Acer laptop: BIOS update, worth it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer laptop: BIOS update, worth it?: Hello, I own an Acer E5 575G-5622 laptop. Recently bought this machine, it came with 1.12 BIOS version. If I see drivers for my laptop, it also shows me BIOS updates. Currently v1.29 BIOS update is available for this machine. My question is that is it worth it to upgrade...
  10. Creator's update hardly worth it

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator's update hardly worth it: I received the much heralded Creator's update today. Took just under 2 hours to sort itself out but went smoothly. To be honest, for me it's made no difference from what I've seen so far. Edge apparently had an overall but I don't use it anyhow. There's supposed to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. months worth of updates