Windows 10: Moratorium...

Discus and support Moratorium... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Nine will be out in a couple weeks. How about we give it a rest until it actually comes out and we see what's what....?? I'll assume, for the sake... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rickkins, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Rickkins Win User

Moratorium...

Nine will be out in a couple weeks. How about we give it a rest until it actually comes out and we see what's what....??

I'll assume, for the sake of argument that ya'll know what I'm talking about.

I'm in.

:)

Rickkins, Sep 14, 2014

2. Daylight Savings Time Problem

Let me put in a plug for a worldwide moratorium on DST. Without it, would just have 20 some time zones that stay fixed. All these issues are the result of various places moving DST start and stop dates around willy nilly. The PC/Mobile 'patches' are not
    patches in their traditional sense of correcting a programming error, they are just changing values in the DST start/stop table. Then if you have it right, but the carrier doesn't, you are still hosed. We aren't even saving any daylight. There isn't any more,
    we are just moving it from one end of the day to the other. Like saving money by moving it from the left pocket to the right. I propose that this Fall we move all the clocks back 1/2 hour (to split the difference) and just leave them there forever. So there.
    I'll get off my soapbox now. Moratorium... ;)

Sven Johannsen, Sep 14, 2014
  3. z3r010 Win User
    What would be the fun in that, we have to be even more active to build the momentum.

z3r010, Sep 14, 2014
  4. Rickkins Win User

Moratorium...

Alright, fire at will....

TIFKAM SUCKS...!!!

Better...??*Biggrin

Rickkins, Sep 14, 2014
  5. *Ditto

JDobbsy1987, Sep 14, 2014
  6. adamf Win User
    It's disappointing there is nothing leaked. I'm more than happy to install any old rubbish I can find if it claims to be an ISO - but nothing *Sad

Have to wait alas and just download something that will probably work. Hopefully it will have some flaws - if everyone says 'ahh thats ok' it will be terribly dull.

adamf, Sep 14, 2014
  7. Rickkins Win User
    Nahhhh..... there'll always be a certain mock-worthy ilk....*Wink

Rickkins, Sep 14, 2014
  8. Moratorium...

Do you have a schematic? I'd like to build momentum but every time I try to build it from the bottom up I find Microsoft trying to build it from the top down. It never seems to mesh in the middle though. *Smile

MilesAhead, Sep 14, 2014
  9. LittleJay Win User
    Things are definitely heating up between the W7 crowd and the W8. *Biggrin

LittleJay, Sep 14, 2014
  10. A Guy Win User
    [youtube]eZtQn-GAemQ[/youtube]

A Guy, Sep 15, 2014
  11. Barman58 Win User
    I'm ready for the fun of a leakfest - I've reinforced my F5 key *Wink

Moratorium... 5122d1485948061t-moratorium-4876654485780_f5.jpg

*Tongue

Barman58, Sep 15, 2014
  12. Tony K Win User
    Ahhh...not quite. 7 and 8.x that resembles 7 sucks as ugly ancient desktop tech!!! *Biggrin

@ Bill

LOL! Weapons? We’ll use 8.x because we know they don’t know how to. *Tongue

LOL on the key, but that’s old tech too. The “live posts” works better, but I’m having trouble finding it here on 9F. It used to be. I know it’s in “Community” on 7F. I guess it may not be on yet.

All cut is good also. http://www.eightforums.com/allcut2.html

Tony K, Sep 16, 2014
  13. Moratorium...

JDobbsy1987, Sep 16, 2014
  14. Tony K Win User
    Thanks there, Jamie, but I obtained the link to AllCut from you there. I'm looking for 9F Live. I'm not a member of 7F (nor am I interested in ancient tech *Tongue), but a member of 8F and 9F. I could snap two IE instances of 8 and 9 side by side for a personal 8/9 AllCut.

Would and/or could you or someone make one by any chance?

Tony K, Sep 16, 2014
  15. Barman58 Win User
    Live view here is the What's New? link on the forum main header *Wink

Barman58, Sep 16, 2014
Thema:

Moratorium...