Windows 10: More 1803 woes - system loop on restart

Discus and support More 1803 woes - system loop on restart in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I downloaded 1803 yesterday; at the completion of the download (option to update). I shut down the PC (normally) with a view to complete the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by robmar0se, Jun 18, 2018.

1. robmar0se Win User

More 1803 woes - system loop on restart

I downloaded 1803 yesterday; at the completion of the download (option to update). I shut down the PC (normally) with a view to complete the update today. There is virtually nothing on the PC apart from Chrome.

Today when I boot up all I get is a loop with the date screen, blue screen with rotating balls, and black screen (cursor active) - I left this to run for 45 minutes before forcing a shut down.

First things first was to run a chkdsk, I am seeing countless entries with deleting extended attribute set due to the presence of a reparse point in file nnnnn.

I am getting the feeling it would be better to start afresh and rebuild the system as their is no critical data on the system or many apps.

I think I am in the majority that really hate the update process in Windows 10 - my vote is redesign from scratch - just too many issues too slow, and unnecessary unwanted add-ons.

:)

robmar0se, Jun 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 restart loop

Hi,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa from the link provided below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 Restart loop

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 18, 2018
  3. Windows 10 restart loop

Hi,

As you are experiencing restart loop in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps provided by
    Ramesh.Kumar from the link provided below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 restart loop- can't fix

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 18, 2018
  4. More 1803 woes - system loop on restart

System restart loop

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to perform the startup repair using the Windows 10 installation media from the below link and check if it helps.

Boot from the Windows 10 installation media and then perform automatic repair and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to perform Automatic repair:

• Insert installation media and restart the computer.

• Select language and click on Next.

• Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.

• Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.

• Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 18, 2018
Thema:

More 1803 woes - system loop on restart

1. More 1803 woes - system loop on restart - Similar Threads - More 1803 woes

2. More Update woes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More Update woes.: The latest windows 10 update wiped out several programs, removed the password or PIN option completely and so boots straight into windows 10. Will only open in Safe Mode and will not recognise anything to do with wifi. Most programs that are left have failed to open. Bios...
  3. More Update woes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    More Update woes.: The latest windows 10 update wiped out several programs, removed the password or PIN option completely and so boots straight into windows 10. Will only open in Safe Mode and will not recognise anything to do with wifi. Most programs that are left have failed to open. Bios...
  4. More Update woes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Restart Looping on "Choose an operating system"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restart Looping on "Choose an operating system": I tried to restart my computer a day or 2 ago and it got stuck on 82%. I restarted it and it kept bringing me to "Choose an operating system". I have tried to choose both options and nothing, I've also went into trouble shoot options and tried all of those, but now even my...
  6. Windows 10 Woes - How to Restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Woes - How to Restart: Got a brand new top of the line computer with a new copy of Windows 10 a little over a year ago. All was well. One day Cortana had a conflict with a program I was using at the time and starting sucking massive resources while on. I went through a large wiping of all...
  7. Windows September 2019 Updates: more search woes and Telemetry

in Windows 10 News
    Windows September 2019 Updates: more search woes and Telemetry: Microsoft released security updates and regular updates for all versions of Windows on yesterday's September 2019 Patch Tuesday. It does not take long, usually, before an assessment can be made on the quality of the released updates. Microsoft fixed the high CPU usage issue...
  8. Win10 1803 Update Woes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 1803 Update Woes: Hello I have 3 separate laptops from different manufacturers where the latest 1803 update has left them with a black desktop and Windows/Search buttons that no longer work. In 2 cases I have managed to restore the desktop and any prog shortcuts on there work OK in most...
  9. 1803 Update BSD loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1803 Update BSD loop: Auto update of latest Win 10 Update general release. Failed when restarting. StartTrail.txt showed Root cause: corrupt bootrec.dll. The update tried removing a failed update (which failed). I restored to last point prior to the update. Booted okay but auto Update continued...
  10. Yet more Realtek Driver Woes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yet more Realtek Driver Woes: HI. i did a clean install of windows 10, and it is all good, until i tried some audio. it simply didn't work. Looking further, on the device manager i had: [img] and in the system devices there was: [img] for some reason there are 2 x high definition audio...