Windows 10: More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings

Discus and support More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, So I have my Desktop Background to change using the Slideshow option. (Settings > Personalization > Background) I am aware of a certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepanee, May 22, 2019.

1. pepanee Win User

More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings

Hello,

So I have my Desktop Background to change using the Slideshow option.
    (Settings > Personalization > Background)

I am aware of a certain advanced setting that lets you modify the interval of time until the Desktop Background image changes (I went to the Registry and set my Desktop Slideshow image to change every 30 seconds). Yet, I am wondering if there's a Registry setting / some app / etc, that gives the Desktop Slideshow an additional awesome setting.
    What I mean is some setting that can let Desktop Slideshow be aware of the Date Modified detail of all the images that are playing as the slideshow. The next paragraph explains it all.

I have about 7,000 images in a folder that play in the Desktop Slideshow, and it would be nice if I can see the more recent images pop up on the Desktop Background more often.
    So let's take an example. There would be a:
    50% chance that a random picture from within the last 3 months will be displayed as the Desktop Background
    30% chance that a random picture from the time range of 3 months to 1 year ago will be displayed as the Desktop Background
    20% chance that a random picture from the time range of 1 year ago until the first modified picture in that folder will be displayed as the Desktop Background

Also, a possibility to choose any percentage numbers, with any time range, with however many different categories (in my example above there are 3 categories; an example of 5 categories would be: 40%, 30%, 15%, 10%, 5%). I hope you understand what I'm saying.

Does anyone know of any such idea that's out there like this? Because that would be a pretty cool setting. I'd be able to see the more recently added images more often.

Thanks

:)

pepanee, May 22, 2019

2. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 22, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, May 22, 2019
  4. DoozerMG Win User

How to stop folder of images becoming a desktop slideshow

On my new Dell XPS PC, running Win 10 64-bit, if I select a whole folder of images and hit enter, rather than opening in Photoshop as I want, they instead turn into a desktop slideshow.
    I've gone into Power Options, and 'paused' the slideshow option under Advanced Power Settings>Desktop Background Settings, but that hasn't helped.
    If I only select some of the images and hit enter, they open in Photoshop fine - so as a workaround, I can select half, open them, then go back and select the other half. However, I keep forgetting and then have to keep reinstating my desktop background.
    This behavior didn't happen on my previous Dell, and doesn't happen on my wife's Win 10 machine.
    Any suggestions welcome...

DoozerMG, May 22, 2019
Thema:

1. More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings - Similar Threads - More Advanced Options

2. Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Options: So I went to Advanced Options by pressing restart and pressing and holding shift because I couldn't log in because it says 0x80090016 and I tried all of the methods and It wouldn't work, so I just settled for resetting my PC, but when I tried to reset my PC it just f's it up,...
  3. Missing options in advanced BIOS settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing options in advanced BIOS settings: [IMG]The only option in advanced settings is CPU Setup. I’m looking for memory remapping, but can’t find it anywhere. I have a Lenovo Erazer X315. Any help?...
  4. advanced options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    advanced options: computer stuck in advance options and options are turn of pc and advacned options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-options/0a8f8501-2e71-41bb-9070-103ca9e25b35
  5. No advanced options in troubleshoot settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No advanced options in troubleshoot settings.: I installed Xubuntu but would now like to remove it. I hit restart while holding the shift key but when I click on troubleshoot there is only Startup Settings. Why? And how do I fix this submitted by /u/GuidonBedon [link] [comments]...
  6. No advanced setting option for email

in Windows 10 Customization
    No advanced setting option for email: New computer. Windows 10. Email account active but no email. Manage tab supposed to have advanced settings to enter smtp, etc but its not there. What am i missing here?...
  7. No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings: I have an ASUS Zenbook, Windows 10 Home 64bit. I wanted to adjust the USB settings, specifically to have the USB shutoff while in sleep mode. I believe the USB is still being powered as my battery drains when I have a mouse plugged in, even it is off. Originally my problem...
  8. Slideshow options

Slideshow options: I created a slideshow for my screensaver and I found a photo that I really like but it looks awkward in the full display mode on the screensaver settings. It looks better in the center display mode but that mode makes the rest of the images look weird. Can I set my slideshow...
  9. More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings

More Advanced Options For Desktop Slideshow Settings: Hello, So I have my Desktop Background to change using the Slideshow option. (Settings > Personalization > Background) I am aware of a certain advanced setting that lets you modify the interval of time until the Desktop Background image changes (I went to the Registry and...
  10. LOST troubleshooting option, advanced settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LOST troubleshooting option, advanced settings: Ok, this is one of the reasons I REALLY hate Windows 10. When I go to the RECOVERY menu get to ADVANCED SETTINGS the only option is to RESTART NOW.......there is NO SUB-MENU to choose USB BOOT, NO CD BOOT, no option to boot into UEFI...ETC....how do I fix???? 28657