Windows 10: More and more and moooore BSOD, Impossible to use PC

Discus and support More and more and moooore BSOD, Impossible to use PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I'm coming back again with a new post because I still can't find the issue I'm having with my PC, I've tried to call microsoft a couple of times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ReneAlvarenga, Feb 5, 2019.

1. More and more and moooore BSOD, Impossible to use PC

Hi! I'm coming back again with a new post because I still can't find the issue I'm having with my PC, I've tried to call microsoft a couple of times too but either no one answers or I get hung up.

I'm having more and more blue screens of death and it makes impossible to use my PC for my work lately, I've already lost some progress in my projects and this is driving me crazy.

Can someone pleeeease help me to solve this? I'm seriously desperate by now, I'm between throwing my PC in the garbage and getting a mac or reinstalling windows again.

Quick summary of what's going on: I've reinstalled my windows a week ago because another issue with an update, everything worked perfectly since then, yesterday I had my first BSOD after the reinstall so I've downloaded DriverEasy and updated every single one of my drivers, after that is getting crazy... everytime there's more BSOD, now I had one, restarted the PC, another one, restarted again and then another one. It's getting worse every day... I'm sure it has to do with some driver by now, I just don't know which one and I really don't want to reinstall everything again.

The last issue said: DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER and before that KMODE EXEPTION NOT HANDLED.

This is the last minidump, just from a couple of minutes ago: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns6yt3kwoe06gpg/Minidump%2002-05.zip?dl=0

Any help is highly appreciated

:)

ReneAlvarenga, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Feb 5, 2019
  3. alexsubri Win User
    BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    More and more and moooore BSOD, Impossible to use PC [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Feb 5, 2019
  4. More and more and moooore BSOD, Impossible to use PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

More and more and moooore BSOD, Impossible to use PC

1. More and more and moooore BSOD, Impossible to use PC - Similar Threads - More more moooore

2. BSOD and more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and more: Recently I have been getting BSODs and my games and sometimes apps crash, I tried asking for help on reddit, and tried on the discord but nothing resolved my problem. I don't really have a clue on why this has been happening, and earlier today I had no problems, but now the...
  3. BSOD and more

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and more: Recently I have been getting BSODs and my games and sometimes apps crash, I tried asking for help on reddit, and tried on the discord but nothing resolved my problem. I don't really have a clue on why this has been happening, and earlier today I had no problems, but now the...
  4. No more administrator account, seemingly impossible to bypass.

No more administrator account, seemingly impossible to bypass.: Earlier, my administrator account disappeared. I am genuinely baffled and worried, as I have not been able to find a method of recovering the administrator access.Along the way, I must have done something in one of my fixes to of have done this, but I don't know where, all I...
  5. BSOD occurring more and more often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD occurring more and more often: My Win 10 machine is giving me a blue screen virtually every day at the moment.My last few STOP CODES:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDHYPERVISOR_ERRORKMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDBAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFOI have run the following:chkdsk: No disk Errorsmdsched.exe : No memory Errorssfc...
  6. BSOD occurring more and more often

BSOD occurring more and more often: My Win 10 machine is giving me a blue screen virtually every day at the moment.My last few STOP CODES:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDHYPERVISOR_ERRORKMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDBAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFOI have run the following:chkdsk: No disk Errorsmdsched.exe : No memory Errorssfc...
  7. BSOD occurring more and more often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSOD occurring more and more frequent

BSOD occurring more and more frequent: Good day, im trying to find out whats causing my BSOD when im using my pc but to no luck, i keep getting this irql_not_less_or_equal. then i tried to follow this link hoping to get some answers:...
  9. Getting BSOD more and more often

Getting BSOD more and more often: Ive been getting the BSOD with increasing frequency. the machine says tell support "bad pool header error". Ive included a link to the minidump file from the latest occurrence. Not sure if its connected but I always get the error message "Bluetooth service stack could not...
  10. RAM use more and more

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM use more and more: Ram is consuming more and more altough i have 8 gb of ram. Even there is no program running or any high usage program is not running then also RAM stay above 6.8 or 7.1out of 7.9. Please help me in fixing this issue....