Windows 10: More and More Windows Apps Failing to Open

Discus and support More and More Windows Apps Failing to Open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I am running Windows 10, build 19045.2251. More and more of my apps are crashing when opening. It started with the Xbox app, which is stuck in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by amber345, Dec 7, 2022.

1. amber345 Win User

More and More Windows Apps Failing to Open

Hello,I am running Windows 10, build 19045.2251. More and more of my apps are crashing when opening. It started with the Xbox app, which is stuck in a boot loop whenever I try to open it. After that photos started failing to open, and now I can't even open File Explorer. It creates a white flash on the background of both of my screens and then crashes. I've tried to reset all of these, but none of them were repaired. At one point I was getting this error message from photos: "File system error 2147219196". It's making it very difficult to use my computer in any meaningful way. I already tried

:)

amber345, Dec 7, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. More and More Windows Apps Failing to Open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 7, 2022
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 7, 2022
  4. Callender Win User

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

More and More Windows Apps Failing to Open [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Dec 7, 2022
Thema:

1. More and More Windows Apps Failing to Open - Similar Threads - More More Apps

2. More and More Windows Apps Failing to Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More and More Windows Apps Failing to Open: Hello,I am running Windows 10, build 19045.2251. More and more of my apps are crashing when opening. It started with the Xbox app, which is stuck in a boot loop whenever I try to open it. After that photos started failing to open, and now I can't even open File Explorer. It...
  3. "This App Can’t Open. Check Windows Store For More Info”

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "This App Can’t Open. Check Windows Store For More Info”: I've gotten this several times when I open FFXIV and the solitary collection. The apps always run after this message pops up. I'm not sure why I'm getting it, tbh. This is a new computer, though, so any help to make it stop is appreciated....
  4. Microsoft Store + more Microsoft apps not opening Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store + more Microsoft apps not opening Windows 10: None of my Microsoft apps open, not even MS Store Tried deleting account after making a new admin account, then making yet another new account with my microsoft account signed into it. Tried reinstalling Windows 10 deleting all personal files Tried to use the PowerShell...
  5. Windows apps all breaking more and more

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows apps all breaking more and more: Hey! ive been running a ryzen 5 2600 system with a 1060 since 2018 and i have xbox game pass, a few days ago i was trying to pre install minecraft dungeons along with installing more game pass games to play but they didnt install, i went through the whole act of searching...
  6. An account failed to log on and more...

in Windows 10 Support
    An account failed to log on and more...: I bought an Acer A114-31 laptop that had Windows 10 Pro S installed (a big crap !!!). The same day I switched to Windows 10 Pro. Since then nothing works ... I have been with the laptop (it is under warranty) at the service 5 or 6 times. They installed and reinstalled Windows...
  7. How to remove programs from Open With ... More Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove programs from Open With ... More Apps: Hello, I am trying to remove apps I have opened before with Open with -> Choose another app -> More apps -> Look for another app on this PC. The programs I opened through this now listed in my Open with -> More apps. I wish to clean this list up but I cannot locate the...
  8. Look for more apps is missing from Open With option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Look for more apps is missing from Open With option: hi, it's me again :) Found another weird issue with the 1803 update in Windows 10. I no longer have the "look for more apps" link in my right click Open With menu. All it shows now is notepad, wordpad, and look for an app in the ridiculous MS Store. Looking on Goolge...
  9. WinSock and more Open Source for your Windows Store apps

in Windows 10 News
    WinSock and more Open Source for your Windows Store apps: Back at the //Build conference in April, I outlined our goals for the Windows 8.1 developer platform and summarized them in a post about Extending platform commonality through universal Windows apps. Those goals were as follows: Reach customers across phones, tablets, and...
  10. App & Games get more and more space :(

in Windows 10 Support
    App & Games get more and more space :(: Please help me. My Windows 10 64bits has problem with space of C drive. App & Games get more than 70Gb of space. Please see details in attached and help me. Thanks 62676