Windows 10: "More Apps" & "Look for More Apps on this PC" No Longer Available in "Choose default apps...

Discus and support "More Apps" & "Look for More Apps on this PC" No Longer Available in "Choose default apps... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all,I work at a help desk and user reported that when setting default apps by file type in Settings the option "More apps" & "Look for more apps on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rafael_94, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Rafael_94 Win User

"More Apps" & "Look for More Apps on this PC" No Longer Available in "Choose default apps...

Hi all,I work at a help desk and user reported that when setting default apps by file type in Settings the option "More apps" & "Look for more apps on this PC" no longer appear when trying to set an application as default. I thought her Windows install was corrupted in some way but then when I went to do the same on my machine turns out I no longer see that option as well. I distinctly remember this being an option previously in Windows 10, I was wondering if this was removed in one of the more recent updates? I am aware you can still get the "More apps" & "Look for more apps on this

:)

Rafael_94, Oct 7, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

How to change default app for file type

'Open With > Choose another app' has three step, in the first it only offers apps registered for that file type. If you click 'More apps' it lists all registered apps regardless of suitability. Both these steps have the tick-box for 'Always use...' in my 18363.752. The third step, if needed, is 'Look for another app on this PC'. The 'Always use...' must be ticked before taking this step if you want the change to stick. However, WMP appears at the second step.

"More Apps" & "Look for More Apps on this PC" No Longer Available in "Choose default apps... [​IMG]

For a quick look at a JPG almost anything (including WMP) is more practical than Photos which on my system takes more than ten seconds just to open a photo. The OP is probably not aware that the Windows Photo Viewer is still available in W10, but hidden away. That's my default viewer for JPG.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

And, once enabled, is available in Settings > Apps > Default apps.

"More Apps" & "Look for More Apps on this PC" No Longer Available in "Choose default apps... [​IMG]

Bree, Oct 7, 2021
  3. Photos app no longer listed as default app

With the lastest Windows 10 Update, my PC no longer shows Microsoft Photos app as an available default app to view/edit photos. When I tried to click on a photo, it defaulted to Paint. I went to folder where I have my photos and clicked Properties. Under
    "Opens With," when I click the Change button, Photos is not listed as an available option, even scrolling down and clicking More apps, and even clicking look for more apps. How can I get the Photos app to be listed as an available default app. The App itself
    will open when I click the start button, Photos, but I can't get it to be set as a default. Please help. I have no idea why the update removed this App as an available app, but it is frustrating as can be.

DavidGonzales35, Oct 7, 2021
  4. Argel Obm Win User

"More Apps" & "Look for More Apps on this PC" No Longer Available in "Choose default apps...

Choosing Default Apps & Insider Programme

To resolve your concern, kindly choose the default apps by file type. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose System.
    • Select Default apps.
    • Click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Check all of the video file type, and then check if you can change the default app to your preferred application.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result

Argel Obm, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

1. "More Apps" & "Look for More Apps on this PC" No Longer Available in "Choose default apps... - Similar Threads - More Apps More

2. More and More Windows Apps Failing to Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    More and More Windows Apps Failing to Open: Hello,I am running Windows 10, build 19045.2251. More and more of my apps are crashing when opening. It started with the Xbox app, which is stuck in a boot loop whenever I try to open it. After that photos started failing to open, and now I can't even open File Explorer. It...
  3. Can't access 'Look for another App on this PC' because 'More Apps' button is unclickable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access 'Look for another App on this PC' because 'More Apps' button is unclickable.: Hi Microsoft Community,I have windows 11. I am encountering a weird issue. While selecting 'Open with...' for any file, and on clicking 'More Apps' nothing happens. It just clicks button but remains idle and doesn't provide next options. As a result, I am not able to select...
  4. Can't access 'Look for another App on this PC' because 'More Apps' button is unclickable.

Can't access 'Look for another App on this PC' because 'More Apps' button is unclickable.: Hi Microsoft Community,I have windows 11. I am encountering a weird issue. While selecting 'Open with...' for any file, and on clicking 'More Apps' nothing happens. It just clicks button but remains idle and doesn't provide next options. As a result, I am not able to select...
  5. "More Apps" & "Look for More Apps on this PC" No Longer Available in "Choose default apps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "More Apps" & "Look for More Apps on this PC" No Longer Available in "Choose default apps...: Hi all,I work at a help desk and user reported that when setting default apps by file type in Settings the option "More apps" & "Look for more apps on this PC" no longer appear when trying to set an application as default. I thought her Windows install was corrupted in some...
  6. "More Apps" & "Look for More Apps on this PC" No Longer Available in "Choose default apps...

"More Apps" & "Look for More Apps on this PC" No Longer Available in "Choose default apps...: Hi all,I work at a help desk and user reported that when setting default apps by file type in Settings the option "More apps" & "Look for more apps on this PC" no longer appear when trying to set an application as default. I thought her Windows install was corrupted in some...
  7. Windows apps all breaking more and more

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows apps all breaking more and more: Hey! ive been running a ryzen 5 2600 system with a 1060 since 2018 and i have xbox game pass, a few days ago i was trying to pre install minecraft dungeons along with installing more game pass games to play but they didnt install, i went through the whole act of searching...
  8. Choosing Default Apps

Choosing Default Apps: I have about 20 or so apps on my computer but only 3 or 4 of them are presented as choices when I try to set one as default. The default I want is installed but it doesn't show up in the SET DEFAULT APPS process. VERY FRUSTRATING....
  9. Look for more apps is missing from Open With option

Look for more apps is missing from Open With option: hi, it's me again :) Found another weird issue with the 1803 update in Windows 10. I no longer have the "look for more apps" link in my right click Open With menu. All it shows now is notepad, wordpad, and look for an app in the ridiculous MS Store. Looking on Goolge...
  10. App & Games get more and more space :(

in Windows 10 Support
    App & Games get more and more space :(: Please help me. My Windows 10 64bits has problem with space of C drive. App & Games get more than 70Gb of space. Please see details in attached and help me. Thanks 62676