Windows 10: More Blurry text problems, but only text rendering in MS browsers

Discus and support More Blurry text problems, but only text rendering in MS browsers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Been perusing the "blurry text" threads, but my issue seems only to be present in the text rendering in MS-Edge/IE11, so I was wondering whether... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by geoffers, Nov 18, 2015.

1. geoffers Win User

More Blurry text problems, but only text rendering in MS browsers

Been perusing the "blurry text" threads, but my issue seems only to be present in the text rendering in MS-Edge/IE11, so I was wondering whether there's some setting to improve the HTML rendering in the MS browsers???

Text in everything else is crystal clear, but anything in a MS browser is rubbish (as can be seen here on the left - the text in the dialog on the right is fine - though that's now looking a bit less clear when viewing the image in the browser *really)

More Blurry text problems, but only text rendering in MS browsers [​IMG]

I've got the latest v1511(10586.11)

:)

geoffers, Nov 18, 2015

2. MS Edge/IE11 text rendering very blurry in W10 - v1511 (10586.11)

Is there any way to fix the blurry text-rendering of HTML text MS-Edge / IE11???

Since upgrading to Win10 I have noticed the rendering of HTML text in these browsers is quite blurry

This is not a problem for text in any other components of W10 - just the rendering of text in the microsoft web browser(s) which can be seen in this screenshot - very ragged text displayed in the browser screen, but perfectly clear text
    in the dialog window, so don't tell me it's a graphics driver issue More Blurry text problems, but only text rendering in MS browsers :)

This is the difference between Chrome & IE11

telemarker, Nov 18, 2015
  3. MS Edge/IE11 text rendering very blurry in W10 - v1511 (10586.11)

Typical MS bulls**t - why don't you read the post:

The fonts are only blurry when text is being rendered in the MS Edge and IE11 browsers

Every where else in Win10 (or using Google Chrome as a browser) everything is perfectly clear so it has absolutely nothing to do with bad cables or monitors - this issue is on a laptop anyway

This issue was not present in Windows 7 but has only become apparent in Windows 10 - a more reasoned answer to my query elsewhere was as follows

telemarker, Nov 18, 2015
  4. Fafhrd Win User

I see exactly the same in IE 11 and Edge vs. Firefox or Chrome - based browsers like Maxthon, Baidu etc. This is on desktop and laptop screens running at 100% native resolution.

The images in the above post show the problem clearly when opened and expanded to full size.

It's due to antialiased monochrome text in the MS browsers, rather than sub-pixel rendered text in the others. MS does it this way to allow rotation of screens like tablets, etc., with little change in appearance.

Fafhrd, Nov 18, 2015
  5. geoffers Win User
    Thanks for that info Fafhrd - I'm viewing in Chrome at the moment and everything is as clear as a clear thing *Biggrin.

However, I've only noticed this issue since upgrading from Win7 to Win10, so there must be some difference in the way that the rendering is handled by MS now.

I assume there's no way of fixing the MS browsers, so maybe I'll stick to Chrome from now on...

geoffers, Nov 19, 2015
  6. geoffers Win User
    Further update on this;
    • The blurry text rendering in Edge/IE11 is only a problem when browsing on my Laptop which is v1511(Build 10586.11)
    • Using my Desktop, the rendering is fine - the Desktop is still v10.0(Build 10240)
    So this could therefore be down to a number of things
    • There is a difference between builds 10240 and 10586.11
    • There is a difference between the display drivers on the 2 machines
    • There is some other HTML rendering issue on the laptop

The Desktop Graphics are Intel(R) HD 26/11/2012 Version 8.15.10.2900: The Laptop Graphics are exactly the same, so that presumably cancels out option 2

geoffers, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. More Blurry text problems, but only text rendering in MS browsers - Similar Threads - More Blurry text

2. blurry text, displaced text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry text, displaced text: HeyWhen im on my native resolution 2560x1440 the apps and text are too small. When i change scale to 125% it's perfect size but some of text in apps are displaced, like out of order you arent able to read what it says, you can see the top of the letters but cant fully read. I...
  3. blurry text, displaced text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blurry text, displaced text: HeyWhen im on my native resolution 2560x1440 the apps and text are too small. When i change scale to 125% it's perfect size but some of text in apps are displaced, like out of order you arent able to read what it says, you can see the top of the letters but cant fully read. I...
  4. blurry text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  5. blurry text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  6. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: HiAMD Ryzen 5 5600u intergrated graphicsI have a lenovo ideapad 5 pro and when i run some programs, the text appears to be blurry and some other programs does not have this problem. i've set all my display scaling and resolution to windows recommended and it still does not...
  7. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: When I am opening some third-party apps and some inbuilt settings, I am seeing blurry text like a person without his spectacles would see. Can anybody help me with this problem. I am currently using a Lenovo Ideapad slim 3. Also I am facing this problem only at few places....
  8. MS Edge - Blurry Text

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge - Blurry Text: Decided to give Edge a proper go to see if I could get used to it. I'm actually quite liking it as it transpires, apart from one irritating issue: The text looks very blurry when compared with Chrome. I thought initially it was a "Clear Type" issue, but toggling Clear Type...
  9. Edge blurry text rendering

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge blurry text rendering: What's with some of the blurriness with text on some sites. For example, the main navigation of apple.com is all fuzzy. Doesn't happen in Chrome or Firefox. [img] 11668
  10. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text: Hello everyone *Smile I’m running the latest, leaked, Windows 10 10147 build and everything works fine on my system. There is one thing though I have observed since the beginning, meaning in earlier builds, as well. And that is blurry text on some Windows components like...