Windows 10: More custom layout on Task Bar

Discus and support More custom layout on Task Bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use to put the Task Bar on the left of the desktop and strech it wider to see program titles on Task Bar. With a wider Task Bar, it can save more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pz2k, May 6, 2019.

1. pz2k Win User

More custom layout on Task Bar

I use to put the Task Bar on the left of the desktop and strech it wider to see program titles on Task Bar. With a wider Task Bar, it can save more vertical space for program positions with more custom layout.

(1) Custom date time. Now it is time then day of the week then date from top to bottom. With custom date time, we can display them in just one line to save vertical space.

(2) Embed the input method icon into the icon lists, now the single input method icon occupy a whole line.

(3) Grid instead of list for programs. For example, some program don't need its title to be displayed on the Task Bar such as Task Manager/Screen Shot Tool, for such program, with a wide Task Bar, we can put 2 instance per line, e.g. put Task Manager and Screen Shot Tool on the same line. Even better we can configure this behavior for each program.

:)

pz2k, May 6, 2019

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, May 6, 2019
  3. Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 6, 2019
  4. More custom layout on Task Bar

Task bar

Hi Joe,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which 2nd Windows you are referring to?

• Are you unable to view the task bar on your system?
    I suggest you, please provide the detailed description of your issue.

Reply to us we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 6, 2019
Thema:

More custom layout on Task Bar

1. More custom layout on Task Bar - Similar Threads - More custom layout

2. Task bar customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar customization: Do we have to modify or add what we need in the following location highlighted in red? <CustomTaskbarLayoutCollection> <defaultlayout:TaskbarLayout> <taskbar:TaskbarPinList> <taskbar:UWA AppUserModelID="Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge" />...
  3. Task bar customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar customization: Do we have to modify or add what we need in the following location highlighted in red? <CustomTaskbarLayoutCollection> <defaultlayout:TaskbarLayout> <taskbar:TaskbarPinList> <taskbar:UWA AppUserModelID="Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge" />...
  4. Task bar customization

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. File Explorer Custom Layout

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Custom Layout: Hey guys, I hope you're all well! Does anyone know if it would be possible to mod or create a script for file explorer to start a custom process when clicking and opening a drive. For example, when I open drive E:/, I would like three explorer windows to open. 1 in the top...
  6. Help with task bar customization on two monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with task bar customization on two monitors: Hey everyone, so I have this problem where I want to center my taskbar icons, but I can only do it on one monitor. I use the 'Links' technique and it works great, but only on one of my task bars. I want to know if anyone knows how I can access my 'toolbars' for my second...
  7. task bar layout

task bar layout: I was wondering if there was a way to customize the location of the start button and date and time along with the home screen button instead of having it be in the top right/left corner when vertical have it in the bottom right/left corner when vertical?...
  8. Custom keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom keyboard layout?: Does anyone know of an easy way to make a custom keyboard layout for windows 10? When searching, I've seen that Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 has limited compatibility with Windows 10, but it's no longer available for download as far as I've seen. Any good...
  9. How to customize task bar?

How to customize task bar?: I want my battery icon on the taskbar. It was there then all the sudden, it's gone. I know it's something simple, I fixed it before. However, right now I'm hitting a brick wall. Help please. Simple directions. Thank you!...
  10. Customizing the Start Layout file.

Customizing the Start Layout file.: Hello guys, hoping for a bit of assistance. We have Windows 10 1809 build LTSC, which I am currently writing policies for. One of the policies is customizing the start layout - specifically pinning items to the task bar. I want to keep the start menu free of any live tiles,...