Windows 10: More details of Google Chrome’s never slow mode appears online

Discus and support More details of Google Chrome’s never slow mode appears online in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google Chrome is the most popular web browser for all platforms because it’s fast and reliable. Google is constantly working on new ways to reduce... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 10, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

More details of Google Chrome’s never slow mode appears online

Google Chrome is the most popular web browser for all platforms because it’s fast and reliable. Google is constantly working on new ways to reduce resources consumption and improve web browsing performance.

Recently, it was discovered that Google is internally testing a Never Slow Mode (NSM) which is another feature designed to improve performance while delivering reliable browsing experience.

The Never Slow Mode will obviously work on all platforms, including Microsoft’s Windows 10. The Chromium Gerrit commit revealed that Never Slow mode is supposed to block large scripts and also set budgets for contents like fonts and images. This would mean that Google will only allow faster scripts to load which will apparently improve webpage load time on all internet connections.

Today, we discovered a Github post from Google engineers and it describes the Never Slow Mode functionality.

Google says Never-Slow Mode (“NSM”) is a mode that webpages can choose to opt-into via the HTTP header. If a website opts-into NSM, Google Chrome will impose per-interaction resource limits and this would improve the webpage loading speed.

What’s more interesting is that NSM could make it easier for sites to guarantee ‘speed’ to their customers.

Google Chrome will also display an icon or UI to users to indicate when they are in the fast mode, as shown in the below screenshots.

More details of Google Chrome’s never slow mode appears online Never-Slow-Mode.jpg

Never Slow Mode (NSM) acts as a Feature Policy and it disables certain web platform features or set a budget for resources with the intention to improve the site loading time.

• JavaScript and WASM modules are limited to 50 KiB per-resource and a total per-interaction limit of 500 KiB within a document.
    • CSS stylesheets are limited to 100 KiB per-resource and a total per-interaction limit of 200 KiB.
    • Web Fonts are limited to 100 KiB per-resource and a total per-interaction limit of 100 KiB.
    • Images are limited to 1024 KiB (1 MiB) per-resource and a total per-interaction limit of 2048 KiB (2 MiB) within a document.

Google’s Never Slow Mode could be another web standard. From the user’s point of view, it is designed to drastically improve the webpage load time.

The post More details of Google Chrome’s never slow mode appears online appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 10, 2019
  2. WaKeMaTTa Win User

Google Chrome running super slow

Today I started my computer as usual. And opened the Google Chrome browser and found that I was running SUPER slow.

What steps will reproduce the problem?
    (1) Create a new browser window
    (2) Choose File -> New Tab

What is the expected output?

The NTP page should display instantaneously

What do you see instead?

The NTP takes a full 1 second to appear. By "appear" I mean the new tab appears with blan content instantly, but then you wait 1s for the NTP page contents to finally show up.

Attached is a trace - see pid 47093. It shows two NTP loads, one at 5.5s and the second at 8.5s. It shows the page taking about 200ms to load, followed by a CSS animation that runs for 1.1s (according to the red boxes along the top).

I'm using:

• Windows 10 (64-bit)
    • Google Chrome v49.0.2623.112 m (64-bit) (last version)
      • Extensions: ad-block
    • PC:
      • CPU AMD FX-8320 (3.5GHz)
      • RAM 8GB

Edit

Is a bug.

WaKeMaTTa, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Apr 10, 2019
  4. More details of Google Chrome’s never slow mode appears online

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

More details of Google Chrome’s never slow mode appears online

1. More details of Google Chrome’s never slow mode appears online - Similar Threads - More details Google

2. Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.: So after deleting one drive, due to it completely screwing up my shortcuts making them look weird, Google Chrome decided to stay like this. Any help on how to fix it, while it isn't really breaking anything, everything works fine it just looks weird and I would prefer it to...
  3. Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.: So after deleting one drive, due to it completely screwing up my shortcuts making them look weird, Google Chrome decided to stay like this. Any help on how to fix it, while it isn't really breaking anything, everything works fine it just looks weird and I would prefer it to...
  4. Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Google Maps get a more detailed, colorful map

in Windows 10 News
    Google Maps get a more detailed, colorful map: Since it launched 15 years ago, Google Maps has redefined what it means to be a map–evolving from a powerful navigational tool to a robust daily companion that also offers helpful information about where to go and what to do. Features like popular times,...
  6. Google Chrome Very Slow Start

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Very Slow Start: Hi and sorry for my English I installed Google Chrome and I have as in Windows 10 as my default browser before had Firefox ... The problem is that when I start Chrome it takes about 1 minute or more to load. Once started it does not give me problems of slowness, it's just the...
  7. More details of Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 appear online

in Windows 10 News
    More details of Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 appear online: Microsoft last year announced that it is rebuilding the Edge browser to use Chromium resources and Blink rendering engine. Switching to Chromium resources will bring several major improvements to Edge browser, including access to a large collection of extensions and updates...
  8. More details on Microsoft’s rumoured Windows Lite OS appears online

in Windows 10 News
    More details on Microsoft’s rumoured Windows Lite OS appears online: Microsoft is said to be working on a lightweight version of the desktop operating system reported called ‘Lite’ and it is intended to be optimised for 2-in-1s, laptops and tablets. According to Brad Sams, the ‘Lite’ operating system is squarely aimed at the likes of...
  9. More details of Microsoft’s rumoured modular Windows Core OS appears online

in Windows 10 News
    More details of Microsoft’s rumoured modular Windows Core OS appears online: Microsoft is reportedly working on Windows Core OS, a modular version of the operating system which is supposed to run on all form factors ranging from dual-screen devices to full-fledged desktop and HoloLens. It’s also supposed to power Microsoft’s Surface Andromeda which is...
  10. Google Chrome and Steam won't go online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome and Steam won't go online: Hello there. Last night, I installed Windows 10 to my previously Windows 8.1 laptop. However, I have a problem: Google Chrome and Steam cannot go into online mode. Google Chrome gives me this message whenever I try to visit a webpage: This webpage is not available...