Windows 10: more disk space

Discus and support more disk space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can I buy more disk space and will i be allowed to download apps or programs with this additional disk space?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichelleSalas2, Apr 3, 2021.

1. more disk space

Can I buy more disk space and will i be allowed to download apps or programs with this additional disk space?

:)

MichelleSalas2, Apr 3, 2021
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Apr 3, 2021
  3. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 3, 2021
  4. more disk space

Low Disk Space error

Hi,

I suggest you to delete the unwanted applications or games installed on the device and also perform a Disk Cleanup.

In order to delete the games or applications, which has been downloaded from the Windows Store you need to right click on the game and select
    Uninstall option from the Start menu.

If the games that you are downloaded are .exe or the applications which are not downloaded from the Windows Store, you may try deleting it from the Control panel.

To do so, please follow the below steps.

• Right Click on Start Menu.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Click on the programs that you would like to uninstall.
    I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to free up space and check if it helps.

Free up drive space in Windows 10

Also, refer to the Wiki Article created by
    Andre Da Costa
    from the below link:

How to free up disk space in Windows

How to free up disk space in Windows

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

more disk space

1. more disk space - Similar Threads - more disk space

2. disk C has more space than disk D. Shouldn't it be the opposite?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk C has more space than disk D. Shouldn't it be the opposite?: Got a new laptop 512SSD Installed the Windows 11 Pro. Local disk C has 389GB storage and local disk D has 86GB. How can I correct it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-c-has-more-space-than-disk-d-shouldnt-it-be/465cbec2-e522-4480-8a2b-b2040e1b664a
  3. Allocate more disk space to system drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Allocate more disk space to system drive: Hi, I need to Allocate more disk space to system drive, there are two partitions, C:50 GB, D:70GB, I don't have any other partitions, there's 10 gb free space on D drive, which I need to allocate/merge for C drive, so that OS drive has more free disk space, without Formatting...
  4. Allocate more disk space to system drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Allocate more disk space to system drive: Hi, I need to Allocate more disk space to system drive, there are two partitions, C:50 GB, D:70GB, I don't have any other partitions, there's 10 gb free space on D drive, which I need to allocate/merge for C drive, so that OS drive has more free disk space, without Formatting...
  5. More disk space used by Windows 10 with upgradation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    More disk space used by Windows 10 with upgradation: Hi, When I purchased a Windows 10 laptop. I believe it was Windows 10 1809 version in the laptop. C Drive size is 100GB. That time, free space was between 50-55GB. Since that day I didn’t install additional application in the laptop. Now it’s upgraded to Windows 10 2004...
  6. Update asking for more disk space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update asking for more disk space: While updating to latest version through update tool, it asked me to connect external drive since my drive is out of space. This happened to me on last update as well....
  7. Need more space in Disk 0 C drive

Need more space in Disk 0 C drive: Hello: I need more space in my Disk 0, C drive which is my main partition for applications; then I have Disk 2 D drive where all my data are stored. Because I use a lot graphic development software I am running out of space in C drive and need more space. I know I can't move...
  8. more space

more space: how do i get more space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-space/2594cde7-bcdb-405e-8a1d-3a48fcf88829
  9. need more storage and disk space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need more storage and disk space: I am having trouble getting windows 10 downloaded becuz of not having enough space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-more-storage-and-disk-space/5eb28f2b-e81a-4093-8a24-2b60aaeac93f
  10. Windows taking more disk space

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows taking more disk space: I have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Now, my C drive is almost full with 714GB occupied by "System and reserved". I was in an assumption that, Windows 10 was suppose to take less space. Can you please help me in this. 22430