Windows 10: More evidence of Microsoft’s Modern PC, Windows 10 Shell changes

Discus and support More evidence of Microsoft’s Modern PC, Windows 10 Shell changes in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is said to be working on Windows Lite (a lightweight version of Windows) aimed at the dual-screen and affordable device. Microsoft is also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 14, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

More evidence of Microsoft’s Modern PC, Windows 10 Shell changes

Microsoft is said to be working on Windows Lite (a lightweight version of Windows) aimed at the dual-screen and affordable device. Microsoft is also separating Shell from the Windows 10 OS base and this change could allow Microsoft to make Shell upgradable or flexible.

Windows Core OS, the modular and flexible operating system, is said to be the base of all exciting projects that we’ve heard over the past few months. The current list of Windows Core OS products includes Andromeda, Windows IoTEdgeOS, Polaris and ModernPC.

Microsoft has reportedly removed the mention of Lite OS and people familiar with the development speculates that the project is now called ModernPC.

More evidence of Microsoft’s Modern PC, Windows 10 Shell changes ModernPC.jpg

It is also worth noting that Microsoft recently highlighted its vision for ‘Modern OS’ in a blog post for Computex announcements and both projects could be related.

Microsoft is decoupling Shell and Windows

Independent developers have also discovered mention of ‘Shell Update Agent’ in Windows 10 20H1 builds that may separate Shell from the OS base.

Separating Shell from the OS will also separate Shell UI parts, such as Action Center from the rest of Windows 10.

The Shell Update Agent is capable of obtaining and updating the shell on demand.

The findings also suggest that the shell will be a separate, packaged component. Playing around with the ShellUpdateAgent’s function installs ‘UX.Client.ST’ from the Microsoft Store. While this is just a placeholder, it suggests that Microsoft will bring Shell-controlled elements to the app store, so certain parts of Windows can be updated without changes to the OS.

It’s also worth noting that Action Center is one of the first features that can be updated in Windows 10 20H1 from a Shell package if available.

All these changes may mean nothing to most users, but it is part of interesting development and it confirms Microsoft’s unannounced plans for Windows Core OS, a modular platform.

The post More evidence of Microsoft’s Modern PC, Windows 10 Shell changes appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jun 14, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

1. More evidence of Microsoft’s Modern PC, Windows 10 Shell changes - Similar Threads - More evidence Microsoft’s

2. Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset - change language?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset - change language?!: Hello Community,I bought a new Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset, but the default language is set to Spanish, rather than English. When I connected my laptop with the headset, using the Microsoft USB Link plug into the USB port on my Windows 10 laptop, the headset connects...
  3. More evidence of Windows 10’s new rounded look emerges

in Windows 10 News
    More evidence of Windows 10’s new rounded look emerges: Internally, Microsoft has been reorganizing the teams that work on Windows and Azure. As part of the reorg, Microsoft is bringing more Windows 10 development teams under Panos Panay, the head of the successful Surface lineup. According to sources, these internal changes could...
  4. Microsoft is reportedly testing big changes for Windows 10 and Shell

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly testing big changes for Windows 10 and Shell: Microsoft has been rumoured to be working on a stripped down version of Windows for dual-screen devices. As per reports, Microsoft’s new modular operating system is internally called Windows Lite and it should power the first foldable device from the company. Microsoft is...
  5. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10: 3lEjuU-XFHg Sets was going to bring tabs to File Explorer and other Windows applications. An early version of Sets once appeared in Windows Insider builds, but Microsoft pulled it. Now, according to Microsoft’s Rich Turner on Twitter, Sets is “no more.” We were really...
  6. Yet more evidence the Microsoft screwed up royally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yet more evidence the Microsoft screwed up royally: Just so people know. Microsoft released some new system update. The last time I shut down my laptop it wanted to install this update. Well, when the system rebooted the whole dammed system was screwed up. All my custom settings, like the applications that I had pinned...
  7. windows 10 and microsoft modern mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 and microsoft modern mouse: my bluetooth modern mouse stops working until I reboot, is there any solution? I have changed to the last driver, but no help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-microsoft-modern-mouse/c3dcf6cd-092c-4274-9491-019ff4fa7a12
  8. Classic Shell on Windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Shell on Windows 10 pc: I need to help my mum every now and again with technical issues on her Windows 10 pc, but live a long distance away. I have installed TeamViewer 13 for this purpose. I'm a newbie with Windows 10 since changing my own pc recently, and have installed Classic Shell. I wanted to...
  9. More evidence pops up for a 64-bit version of Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    More evidence pops up for a 64-bit version of Windows 10 Mobile: If you’re using a Lumia 950 or 950 XL with a relatively modern Snapdragon processor (namely, a Snapdragon 808 or beyond), then your hardware is fully capable of running a 64-bit operating system. That would pay dividends, potentially at least, regarding processing speed,...
  10. Windows 10: Windows Store to support more than modern apps

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Windows Store to support more than modern apps: With the introduction of Windows 10, Microsoft is making some fundamental changes to how its software functions. Beyond bringing back the Start menu, Microsoft will also be making some significant changes to the way the Windows Store works. Currently, you can only buy...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ux.client.st

2. ux.client.st app windows