Windows 10: More frequent than normal BSODs

Discus and support More frequent than normal BSODs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My current laptop, a Dell G15 5510 running windows 11 has been getting more blue screens than any laptop ive had before. Most have error codes relating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aShrexydud69, Aug 10, 2022.

1. More frequent than normal BSODs

My current laptop, a Dell G15 5510 running windows 11 has been getting more blue screens than any laptop ive had before. Most have error codes relating to the gpu driver, but the nvidia drivers are up to date from nvidias app. Here are the Minidumps and system information fileshttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WjxVnyApGf0h0t2P3-KfOJdeLh3QvW45

:)

aShrexydud69, Aug 10, 2022
  2. Senarium Win User

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Aug 10, 2022
  3. somvir73 Win User
    System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Aug 10, 2022
  4. More frequent than normal BSODs

Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

Redirecting

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

More frequent than normal BSODs

1. More frequent than normal BSODs - Similar Threads - More frequent normal

2. More frequent than normal BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More frequent than normal BSODs: My current laptop, a Dell G15 5510 running windows 11 has been getting more blue screens than any laptop ive had before. Most have error codes relating to the gpu driver, but the nvidia drivers are up to date from nvidias app. Here are the Minidumps and system information...
  3. Windows Desktop Manager Using more GPU than normal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Desktop Manager Using more GPU than normal: I was play a game on my laptop which is usually very smooth but now it’s frame rate drops more than normal so I checked the task manager and it looks like the Windows desktop manager is using more gpu than normal. I think that’s the problem, is there any way to fix this?...
  4. Windows Desktop Manager Using more GPU than normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Desktop Manager Using more GPU than normal: I was play a game on my laptop which is usually very smooth but now it’s frame rate drops more than normal so I checked the task manager and it looks like the Windows desktop manager is using more gpu than normal. I think that’s the problem, is there any way to fix this?...
  5. Windows Desktop Manager Using more GPU than normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD occurring more and more frequent

BSOD occurring more and more frequent: Good day, im trying to find out whats causing my BSOD when im using my pc but to no luck, i keep getting this irql_not_less_or_equal. then i tried to follow this link hoping to get some answers:...
  7. System Taking up Way more Storage Than Normal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Taking up Way more Storage Than Normal: Yesterday i resetted my Computer, a fresh windows install nothing wrong. After a few Hours my Computer was saying i needed more space, i checked and windows was taking up 70 Gigabytes. Next day i booted my pc up and it was back to normal. After a few hours its taking up...
  8. System Taking up Way more Than Normal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Taking up Way more Than Normal: Yesterday i resetted my Computer, a fresh windows install nothing wrong. After a few Hours my Computer was saying i needed more space, i checked and windows was taking up 70 Gigabytes. Next day i booted my pc up and it was back to normal. After a few hours its taking up...
  9. All internet browsers are more "zoomed in" and bigger than normal.

in Browsers and Email
    All internet browsers are more "zoomed in" and bigger than normal.: Yesterday when I opened up Chrome the top bar, where all your tabs and such are, this what a lot bigger than normal. This didn't just happen to Chrome, Edge and IE have the same issue where the top bar is bigger and everything on the website is giant and to some what fix it...
  10. Infrequent BSOD becoming more frequent

Infrequent BSOD becoming more frequent: I see now I posted this in the wrong area of the forums. SORRY! If someone could move this to the BSOD section I would appreciate it. I built this PC three, maybe four, months ago now and haven't had many issues with it after initial troubleshoot on the build. Had to use...