Windows 10: more info. on buying a new laptop

Discus and support more info. on buying a new laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi all: I am thinking of getting a 14 inch laptop. I found this one I like, which I might get in the summer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulPChou, Feb 26, 2021.

1. PaulPChou Win User

more info. on buying a new laptop

hi all:

I am thinking of getting a 14 inch laptop. I found this one I like, which I might get in the summer. www.asus.com/us/Laptops/For-Home/ZenBook/ZenBook-14-UX425-11th-Gen-Intel

I like to know, is it really true that 14 inch laptops cannot have traditional hard drive? Only SSD? My current laptop, has both a traditional hard drive and a SSD. I install apps on the C drive while I store my folders, files, etc. in the D drive. For the one I provided above, the traditional hard drive cannot be included in it? If that is the case, what can I do about not able to store folders, files... in the D drive? In the link, no info. on if I can plug in my headphone.

:)

PaulPChou, Feb 26, 2021
  2. theonedub Win User

GPUz Incorrect Info GF117

I've got the GT620M in a Zenbook and the newest version of GPUz has it listed as a 40nm part whereas all other info on the web suggests its 28nm. Can you investigate, W1z?

Thanks

theonedub, Feb 26, 2021
  3. jdz7t8 Win User
    Buying a new laptop or desktop for gaming [help]

I want to buy either a new laptop or a new desktop for gaming. I want to run games smoothly and maybe even use it for some ps2 emulation. Could someone suggest either a laptop or desktop? I heard Alienware is expensive and over-rated. I was also told Sager laptops are good for gaming. I have about $1000-$1500 to spend on a new machine. Initially I was going to get a laptop but it seems like I would be able to get a more powerful desktop for the same price or less. Please advise. Please suggest a model/brand [desktop/laptop] that I could purchase because I don't think I know enough about computers to build one from scratch.

jdz7t8, Feb 26, 2021
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

1. more info. on buying a new laptop - Similar Threads - more info buying

2. Buying new motherboard and need info about transferring windows key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buying new motherboard and need info about transferring windows key.: I have a new motherboard arriving in 7 days and i just want to be ready with the info i need to deactivate windows on the motherboard im using so i can use my cd key on my new motherboard. iv only heard that this is something that will need to be done and im not 100% sure...
  3. Buy more storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Buy more storage: Hi,I have windows 10 and have run out of storage. I currently use a macbook but have windows 10 installed. is there a way to buy more storage? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-more-storage/11c5c6d2-0a8b-49e9-8483-9fa85141bf62
  4. Buy more storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buy more storage: Hi,I have windows 10 and have run out of storage. I currently use a macbook but have windows 10 installed. is there a way to buy more storage? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-more-storage/11c5c6d2-0a8b-49e9-8483-9fa85141bf62
  5. Buy more storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Buying a new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Buying a new laptop: I know Ten Forums is for software & hardware help, but I am hoping I can get some advice on buying a new laptop. Which would be the better buy between the Lenovo IdeaPad S340 & the Lenovo IdeaPad 3? I've read about both & each have their own pros & cons, but a lot of the...
  7. New Laptop Buying Advice

in Windows 10 Support
    New Laptop Buying Advice: Wondering if anyone could offer some advice please. I am looking at buying a new laptop as my current HP is on it's last legs. With the Black Friday deals, now seems to be a good time. I have found two deals that seem to me to be fairly good but am not sure which is the best...
  8. how to transfer info to new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    how to transfer info to new laptop: I have purchased a HP 15-AF119NA Laptop 15.6" AMD E2-6110 4GB 500GB HDD and I would like to know if I can use "Windows easy transfer " to transfer my data to this new laptop, at the moment I have a ADVENT 5611 RUNNING WIN 10 . Regards 89040
  9. More info about Hale.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    More info about Hale.exe: how to know if the pc is being monitored secretly? in the task manager there is a hale.exe in the process. what is it? where did it come from? ive search it in google and i cant find what software it came from. 76390
  10. buying a new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    buying a new laptop: Hi Guys My son needs a new laptop as his HP with Vista has packed up, and as you know, the vast choice on offer can be bewildering. If I describe his minimum needs, maybe you can advise. cd-rom drive 1 or 2 usb ports long battery life cheapest price as he is...